The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Push Notifications Journey on Zeropark to $10,000 per month

Keep it up bro. I've found a lot of success with Zeropark push campaigns and just yesterday I signed up for Megapush to try them out. One thing I noticed however is that the character limit for the message is only 40 which sucks! I can't fit the same message that I use on Zeropark into the space provided by Megapush.. Have you tried them before?

Yeah, I've grown used to short headlines in Megapush. I've already spent several thousands in this month with them and write a review in my blog.

After increasing the daily budget to $300 I was analyzing the traffic and most of it came after midnight and during the afternoon. Around 6pm $250 were spent and I though this was the limit as i stopped receiving traffic for almost 3 hours:

Day 7 - Dashboard.jpg

However it seems like Zeropark sends its batches of traffic every few hours according to your budget, so at the end of the day we managed to spend the $300 budget

Day 7 - Voluum.jpg

As you can see, we spent $297 at the end of the day which was nice because this means we have more room to scale.

Ad spend: $297
Revenue: $634
ROI: 113%
Profit: $336

This is already a campaign that can make $20k per month in revenue and 10k in profit. As for the creatives:

Day 7 - Creatives.jpg

While all of the creatives are below our target CPA, we noticed creative 1 has much better performance so we might end up pausing of of the 2 resting creatives after a couple days and re-introduce new creatives in this campaign to see if we can improve the CTR a bit more.

I didn't touch the bid in the last days as we're seeing enough volume to scale and we're still in a good position. Time to increase the budget to $400 per day and see what happens :)

We're about to get a few couple similar offers from other networks and add them to see if they perform well. Other than that I might test a new lander which has been doing good in redirect traffic although not as good as this one. That's it for now. I'll gather more data in the following days and report back.

Hi Servando,
Thanks for making this thread.

I have few questions:
Do you have criteria when picking the GEOs that you want to focus on?
Which variables are the most important according to your experience that affect the CR?
Do your prefer 'global' creative or 'very targeted' creative in your campaigns? for example: global creative: You're today's lucky visitor! Win an iPhone today! and 'targeted' : Hey iPhone 6 users, upgrade your iphones for free today!

Hi Servando,
Thanks for making this thread.

I have few questions:
Do you have criteria when picking the GEOs that you want to focus on?
Which variables are the most important according to your experience that affect the CR?
Do your prefer 'global' creative or 'very targeted' creative in your campaigns? for example: global creative: You're today's lucky visitor! Win an iPhone today! and 'targeted' : Hey iPhone 6 users, upgrade your iphones for free today!

Yes, I choose the geos where hot offers are running based on the reports from CPA/traffic networks.
After several months of doing that you should be able to choose your geos based on what you like more as the top geos don't really change that much over time. you can see when they're up and down during the years though.

The most important variable by far is the offer. A shitty offer will have a lower (or 0) CR while a good offer converts even with cheap traffic. I'd say the offer represents at least 50-60% of your campaign success. After that probably the traffic type, then your creatives like landers and banners and finally the extra details like scripts, page speed, etc.

I prefer targeted creatives where it makes sense to make them targeted. You can go global and then make the campaigns targeted with your tracker on autopilot using custom lander parameters.

Yes, I choose the geos where hot offers are running based on the reports from CPA/traffic networks.
After several months of doing that you should be able to choose your geos based on what you like more as the top geos don't really change that much over time. you can see when they're up and down during the years though.

The most important variable by far is the offer. A shitty offer will have a lower (or 0) CR while a good offer converts even with cheap traffic. I'd say the offer represents at least 50-60% of your campaign success. After that probably the traffic type, then your creatives like landers and banners and finally the extra details like scripts, page speed, etc.

I prefer targeted creatives where it makes sense to make them targeted. You can go global and then make the campaigns targeted with your tracker on autopilot using custom lander parameters.
What tiers do you prefer to work on push traffic ? tier 1 , tier 2 or tier 3 ?

Hey guys. How's your weekend?

Here's another update as I decided to analyze the data of the campaign based on yesterday's ad spend (still $300 as we're hitting a cap with the advertiser).

Day 8 - Browsers.jpg

As you remember, this is push traffic and for mobile it means we can only receive traffic from Android devices. So instead of checking your stats by OS it's more appropriate to check it by browsers and even browser versions if your network allows you to filter them in order to find the best converting pockets.

In this case all of the browsers are converting but Chrome Mobile and Samsung Mobile are doing better than the rest.
The difference between Chrome and chrome Mobile as per my stats is that Chrome is android traffic from tablets while chrome mobile is smartphones mostly. So this campaign seems to work better on Smartphones and that's good because there's more volume there.

The CTR on all of them are pretty much the same, however the CR was much higher on smartphones so maybe it was the offer landing page looking good on smartphone but not so good on tablets. I'll check it with my network to see what we can do.

As for the weekly stats here's how the process went from day 0:

Day 8 - Weekly Stats.jpg

We started with $20 per day for a couple days until we validated the performance of the campaign, then increased to $50, then $100, then $200 and later $300.

For the first week the campaign stats are:

Ad spend: $859
Revenue: $1,783
Profit: $923
ROI: 107%

As we're hitting a cap here we're already testing more offers as you can see in that screenshot although the performance seems to be very different from one to another. We'll let them run for a couple days and see what we can do to grow this out and keep it running as much as possible.

Well, Servando. I saw your campaign stats above, and really surprised that the CR is really high for a high payout CPL offer.

To be honest, i never saw $6-$10 offers with CR >10%
I promoted offers with payout $20 or more but the CR is only 1-2%

No wonder if there are people that bid high just like you did.

Can you tell me how do you found/created well performing Landing page? I know everyone using spy tools, but Im sure you have some tips about this. Copying everything from spy tool won't be effective I think.

Does offers with low payout like $3 per lead can perform well and big like your CPL offers?
If yes, then I should aim to reach CR:30% or above?

That has to do with the sophistication of the user IMO. People that use browser-alt like Opera, Firefox, UC tend to want to avoid ads ;)
Mobile Browser Market Share Worldwide | StatCounter Global Stats

You did not mention Safari ? no iOS?

I never mentioned anything about Opera, Firefox, UC, etc though. I was just comparing and detailing the difference between tablets and smartphones :)

As for iOS, I think I mentioned before there are no push notifications on Safari Mobile. Apple is working on it in their own way as they don't like spammy stuff like that. So for now mobile push notifications are exclusive to Android's OS.

Safari on desktop does allow push notifications though. It's just a matter of time.

Well, Servando. I saw your campaign stats above, and really surprised that the CR is really high for a high payout CPL offer.

To be honest, i never saw $6-$10 offers with CR >10%
I promoted offers with payout $20 or more but the CR is only 1-2%

No wonder if there are people that bid high just like you did.

Can you tell me how do you found/created well performing Landing page? I know everyone using spy tools, but Im sure you have some tips about this. Copying everything from spy tool won't be effective I think.

Does offers with low payout like $3 per lead can perform well and big like your CPL offers?
If yes, then I should aim to reach CR:30% or above?

This totally depends on the traffic source man.
20-30% CR is common in native ads. Obviously if you run pops usually the CR is closer to 1-5% like you mentioned.

Have you ever tried FB? I've seen offers converting at 50-70% CR on Facebook several times. I'm just talking about CPL SOI offers as others might have different CRs.

As for bidding I'll always remember one of my highest bid campaigns ever in Zeropark. Once I was bidding a CPM of $70 for a tier 3 country while another (more recent) occasion I was bidding $280 CPM in a tier 1 country.

PPV bids usually go from less than $1 to $2-4 max. But even bidding hundreds of times higher I was profitable for a few targets :)

I found the landing page on Adplexity and just cleaned it and optimized it for my needs. Nothing special there.

Great case study.

What about creatives? Do you have any particular source or software that you use to make it?

Thank you

In this case all of the browsers are converting but Chrome Mobile and Samsung Mobile are doing better than the rest.
The difference between Chrome and chrome Mobile as per my stats is that Chrome is android traffic from tablets while chrome mobile is smartphones mostly. So this campaign seems to work better on Smartphones and that's good because there's more volume there.

That has to do with the sophistication of the user IMO. People that use browser-alt like Opera, Firefox, UC tend to want to avoid ads ;)
Mobile Browser Market Share Worldwide | StatCounter Global Stats

You did not mention Safari ? no iOS?

Hi Servando. Is there any reason why you didn't just setup 'unlimited' daily budget? You can gather data faster than in a day or two. Is there any disadvantage of doing this? Thanks. P.S. Awesome post ;)

Hi Servando. Is there any reason why you didn't just setup 'unlimited' daily budget? You can gather data faster than in a day or two. Is there any disadvantage of doing this? Thanks. P.S. Awesome post ;)

Initially because we didn't know if the offer was going to convert.
Also, the offer had a cap and we wanted to see how much traffic we could get without screwing the ROI too much.

But once you confirm with your manager the quality or the cap you can set it unlimited for sure :)

MI
Back