The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Zak_852

affiliate
Hello everyone,

I am just starting with CPA marketing and I always have this question on my mind.

What is considered a relevant amount of data (clicks) in order to start tweaking your campaign? What are the early signs which indicates that your campaign has the potential to grow?

Let's say I am starting with an SOI offer targeting Tier 2 and 3 countries as an example (Push Notifications). Should I expect to have at least one or two conversions in the first 100-150 clicks or I should wait to get more clicks (500 or more)?

Since SOI offers are easy to convert, I think that the amount of clicks needed to see at least one conversion should be much lower than other types of offers that are slightly more complicated to convert.

Any help and suggestions from someone who has more experience than me would be awesome.

Looking forward to your replies!

I always get into arguments about this: However 576, click events from qualified traffic (meaning real people and not 'bot traffic/(click fraud)' is a far more accurate sample (that I need to decide).

That said, garbage in => garbage out --traffic quality when using network traffic like pop, push or other forced ads is pretty poor I have found. Buy enough it may work at an acceptable ROAS.

Last edited:
What is considered a relevant amount of data (clicks) in order to start tweaking your campaign? What are the early signs which indicates that your campaign has the potential to grow?

So, there are such an abundance of factors to consider at first with campaigns. You have to do split testing to see what works and what may not.

I split test at least 10 creatives and 5 landers on rotation. Now this is NOT what I do with my content sites, only my CPA side of the business because you pointed out "I am starting with an SOI offer targeting Tier 2 and 3 countries as an example (Push Notifications)". If and when you are doing content sites, I can explain the differences in procedure for driving traffic, creating campaigns, and the types of adjustments necessary for your creatives, copy, and the angles, hooks, and triggers.

The split testing should tell you where all of the elements and combinations that are working can tell you exactly what combinations can be scaled and where the improvements can be made. Remember to split test your angles, hooks, and triggers. This will be your copy for the creatives and your landers.

I would also split test times of day with any Day Parting options available on the platform. This can be HUGE!

I would definitely look for a minimum of 5000 clicks with push. It's cheap and especially in Tier2 or Tier3.

What tracker are you using?
What does your tracker tell you with the clicks you have now?

I always get into arguments about this: However 576, click events from qualified traffic (meaning real people and not 'bot traffic/(click fraud)' is a far more accurate sample (that I need to decide).

That said, garbage in => garbage out --traffic quality when using network traffic like pop, push or other forced ads is pretty poor I have found. Buy enough it may work at a acceptable ROAS.
That's what I thought too! I did not think it will work but when I saw some real case studies, I decided to try it.
So far, I have around 4 conversions around $12.96 revenue with $11.26 ad spent. I am not sure If it is by luck or not, but I will try to optimise it once I gather enough click and see If It could be more profitable.
Maybe once I have more budget, I will try another advertising method like bing or google.
Thank you for your answer tho!

So, there are such an abundance of factors to consider at first with campaigns. You have to do split testing to see what works and what may not.

I split test at least 10 creatives and 5 landers on rotation. Now this is NOT what I do with my content sites, only my CPA side of the business because you pointed out "I am starting with an SOI offer targeting Tier 2 and 3 countries as an example (Push Notifications)". If and when you are doing content sites, I can explain the differences in procedure for driving traffic, creating campaigns, and the types of adjustments necessary for your creatives, copy, and the angles, hooks, and triggers.

The split testing should tell you where all of the elements and combinations that are working can tell you exactly what combinations can be scaled and where the improvements can be made. Remember to split test your angles, hooks, and triggers. This will be your copy for the creatives and your landers.

I would also split test times of day with any Day Parting options available on the platform. This can be HUGE!

I would definitely look for a minimum of 5000 clicks with push. It's cheap and especially in Tier2 or Tier3.

What tracker are you using?
What does your tracker tell you with the clicks you have now?
Thank you for your answer!
I am using Bemob now, got few conversions so far after 300 clicks. I will gather more data probably and see If I could optimise it.

That's what I thought too! I did not think it will work but when I saw some real case studies, I decided to try it.
So far, I have around 4 conversions around $12.96 revenue with $11.26 ad spent. I am not sure If it is by luck or not, but I will try to optimise it once
My law of averages but how much time and effort was spent?

I am using Bemob now, got few conversions so far after 300 clicks. I will gather more data probably and see If I could optimise it.

Make your tracker your best friend!

You are getting results, and I would recommending data resulting from far more clicks.

Keep going!

Make your tracker your best friend!

You are getting results, and I would recommending data resulting from far more clicks.

Keep going!
Thank you sir! I have another question. After getting enough clicks, what do you think is a good conversion rate for push ads? Mine is 1.11% after 450 clicks. Is that good so far?

Welcome mate. I'm just starting out with push ads as well, but I've managed big accounts on native for my previous job and the basics are the same.

It's still too early to say anything about the data you've collected since you've only had 450 clicks. You have a CR or 1,11% now, but if the next 2 clicks happen to convert, you have a total different CR. Same goes for if the next 100 clicks don't convert etc.

Regarding the question of tweaking and optimizing, it really depends. I usually look at the ad spend as well, because clicks in itself don't always say everything. In this case you're running a SOI offer in tier 2/3 countries, but a DOI, CC or whatever would have totally different payouts, conversion rates, etc. so it's good to keep that in mind.

With that being said; when you start tweaking your campaign depends on what you want to tweak. If you're testing 5 different creatives, you have 5 variables that your budget is split on. However, if you look at the Zone ID's, or hour of the day, there are much more variables that your budget is being spend on and the data is being split on more variables. So it requires more data to draw any conclusions.

So far your campaign is slightly profitable / break even. I would just let it run and collect more data before you start optimizing too early.

Welcome mate. I'm just starting out with push ads as well, but I've managed big accounts on native for my previous job and the basics are the same.

It's still too early to say anything about the data you've collected since you've only had 450 clicks. You have a CR or 1,11% now, but if the next 2 clicks happen to convert, you have a total different CR. Same goes for if the next 100 clicks don't convert etc.

Regarding the question of tweaking and optimizing, it really depends. I usually look at the ad spend as well, because clicks in itself don't always say everything. In this case you're running a SOI offer in tier 2/3 countries, but a DOI, CC or whatever would have totally different payouts, conversion rates, etc. so it's good to keep that in mind.

With that being said; when you start tweaking your campaign depends on what you want to tweak. If you're testing 5 different creatives, you have 5 variables that your budget is split on. However, if you look at the Zone ID's, or hour of the day, there are much more variables that your budget is being spend on and the data is being split on more variables. So it requires more data to draw any conclusions.

So far your campaign is slightly profitable / break even. I would just let it run and collect more data before you start optimizing too early.
Thank you man! Well that is good since you already have an experience that will help you a lot.
Regarding the conversion rate, that very true since it must vary depending on many factors like the ones you said. What I did so far is I watched some videos on youtube of people trying to optimise their campaigns and I started comparing my metrics with them (They are running SOI offers as well). I noticed that my metrics are not very bad comparing to some of their campaigns because I was about to stop it and try another offer. But I guess I will gather more data as everyone suggested and try to optimise it and see how far it can go. If it does not work, it is an experience gained.

MI
Back