The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

RevContent CTR & Conversion

imfh

affiliate
Hello all, super excited to be part of the community.

I recently launched a ClickBank Affiliate campaign, the traffic source is RevContent.

Here are my numbers & details in last 2 days

RevContent Ad CTR: Health & Fitness
RevContent Ad CTR: 0.6%
Landing Page to Offer Page CTR: 45%
ClickBank Hops: 100
Order Form Impressions: 7
Sales: 0
Target: US, iPhone Only

My questions are
  1. Is the CTR good on my ads? What's the average CTR there?
  2. I getting good CTR on landing page but ZERO SALES, what's your experience with RevContent & ClickBank
I will highly appreciate if someone can answer my questions.

Feel free to ask me if you want to know anything about what i am doing, happy to share!

Last edited:
Is there a reason why you are promoting to iPhone only?

I think conversion rates for Clickbank products are lower on mobile because people are less likely to watch a long sales video on their phone and then buy something.

Thanks for your reply guys. There were 2 reasons to go for iPhone
  • Based on the data I got from Syp tools (SimilarWeb)
  • Demographics described by the vendor
Both suggested that the primary audience segment is Mobile, thus i started with mobile.

But now i realize that the mobile users don't spend much time watching the whole VSL, which is more suitable for desktop users.

Here is what is am going to do next
  • Start another campaign with same offer for desktop users with VSL
  • Change the landing page of mobile traffic to text only

By the way, I got my first 2 sales yesterday.

Spent: $40.51
Income: $84.60
Profie: $44.09

I removing non-profiting widgets slowly and adjusting bids. Will keep posted.

Congrats, you have already made a positive ROI! That's a +108%! (Green make our eye feels good)

What I've heard is, if you are looking to promote a product to a mobile user, be sure to first capture their email and then lure them to your sales funnel thru newsletter.

I bet you can spy on your competition!

Thanks for your reply guys. There were 2 reasons to go for iPhone
  • Based on the data I got from Syp tools (SimilarWeb)
  • Demographics described by the vendor
Both suggested that the primary audience segment is Mobile, thus i started with mobile.

But now i realize that the mobile users don't spend much time watching the whole VSL, which is more suitable for desktop users.

Here is what is am going to do next
  • Start another campaign with same offer for desktop users with VSL
  • Change the landing page of mobile traffic to text only

By the way, I got my first 2 sales yesterday.

Spent: $40.51
Income: $84.60
Profie: $44.09

I removing non-profiting widgets slowly and adjusting bids. Will keep posted.
that's great start......

Update: Week 1 is over, i made some money but the net was loss. I am blocking some high click, low CTR widgets as black list.

Spent: $185.25
Revenue: $109.41
Net: -$75.84
ROI: -41%

Looking to generate at least 1000 clicks to get a clear picture.

-40% on $180 ad spend is not bad at all! Make sure to burn the bad widgets quick.

It's probably tough to tell since you don't have a lot of data, but if your average landing page CTR for a widget that converts well is 30% then widgets that send 50 clicks and have low CTR's (5% or less) immediately pause them.

You will turn off some good widgets this way, but it is necessary to get to a good ROI initially. After you have a stable campaign with a healthy ROI and you are trying to scale you can clone it and let some of those widgets you blocked spend a bit more money and see if they will convert or not. However, I would suggest not spending any more than 1x payout on a widget before banning it period. In fact I usually ban widgets at around 70% payout.

Also, once you have some decent conversion data look into day parting. Again, this depends on the vertical, but most often with my campaigns certain hours or blocks of time convert WAY better than others.

Revcontent doesn't have an easy way to block time, but a nice trick is to lower your CPC to the minimum bid during off hours and then raise it up during your best time blocks. (Don't pause the campaign as this will hurt your impressions and placements on the good widgets.) You'll have to manually do this at first, but you can sign up for some tools that can do it for you automatically, but they cost more money monthly.

Awesome advice, thank!

-40% on $180 ad spend is not bad at all! Make sure to burn the bad widgets quick.

It's probably tough to tell since you don't have a lot of data, but if your average landing page CTR for a widget that converts well is 30% then widgets that send 50 clicks and have low CTR's (5% or less) immediately pause them.

You will turn off some good widgets this way, but it is necessary to get to a good ROI initially. After you have a stable campaign with a healthy ROI and you are trying to scale you can clone it and let some of those widgets you blocked spend a bit more money and see if they will convert or not. However, I would suggest not spending any more than 1x payout on a widget before banning it period. In fact I usually ban widgets at around 70% payout.

Also, once you have some decent conversion data look into day parting. Again, this depends on the vertical, but most often with my campaigns certain hours or blocks of time convert WAY better than others.

Revcontent doesn't have an easy way to block time, but a nice trick is to lower your CPC to the minimum bid during off hours and then raise it up during your best time blocks. (Don't pause the campaign as this will hurt your impressions and placements on the good widgets.) You'll have to manually do this at first, but you can sign up for some tools that can do it for you automatically, but they cost more money monthly.

banners
Back