The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Journey to $10.000+ per month with Native Ads

RyanOak

Hello,
I decided to open my Journey thread to help others and get help from you guys. And hope it will motivate myself and others as well.

A bit of my background you can read on my Success Stories and Bragging thread.

I first heard about native ads 2 years ago from this guy. I wanted to try them since then but I had excuses all the time (like I need more money, I don't know anything about them, no time because of the other online ventures etc.).

Then I found this forum and this thread. It motivates me so much that I will use his formatting in my thread as well. P.s. if anyone knows how to contact him, let me know, please.

Targeted Goal:
$10.000/month in profit and more.

Budget:
I will start with $5.000 with an option to add more if necessary.

Niches:
Well, I am struggling to find any particular, there are so many out there and I have heard a lot of cons about each like you need a larger budget for this, etc.
But I need to start with any so I chose Health & Beauty niche.

Aff Networks:
I registered for 10 over the last 3 months. But will use only 1 at the beginning.

Traffic sources:
I have heard a lot of pros and cons of each native ad traffic platform and when I will have more experience and money I will latest them all (biggest ones) but will start with MGID.

Tracker:
AdsBridge

Other Tools:
Anstrex natives spy tool.

What I have done so far:
Selected one offer, made several landers, ads. Spent the first $150. Earned $70, so ROI -50%
2020-09-08 15_35_18-Window.png

I messed up with postback links, so AdsBridge shows Hold and Rejected conversions as completed conversions. :oops:

Next Steps:
Spend more money on my first campaign and optimize. Find and test more offers.

Thoughts:
There are a lot of things to learn but finally, I started and I am starting to understand how things work.

I don't promise to update daily but I will update at least once per week.

I would be very thankful if you guys could share your views and experience with me.

Thank you!:)

Congrats on starting! I myself am planning to start my journey with Native so this should be very interesting to follow! For tracker, I'm thinking of using Voluum. FYI, you can always message tech support of the tracking company you're using and ask them to help guide you in setting up your postback URL links. Voluum even has a whole section on their website explaining how to set it up with examples. Check to see if AdsBridge has the same.

Are you using a tool to build your landing pages?
What is your experience with Anstrex? I believe it's cheaper than AdPlexity, but do you find it's good?

Thanks and BEST OF LUCK!!!

Congrats on starting! I myself am planning to start my journey with Native so this should be very interesting to follow!

Thanks!
You should open the journey as well. I really want to see others in this area as well and learn and grow together.

For tracker, I'm thinking of using Voluum. FYI, you can always message tech support of the tracking company you're using and ask them to help guide you in setting up your postback URL links. Voluum even has a whole section on their website explaining how to set it up with examples. Check to see if AdsBridge has the same.

Thanks for the tip. AdsBridge support is very helpful, they managed to fix my issue.

Are you using a tool to build your landing pages?
Currently, I am using the Anstrex landers editor, the AdsBridge tool, and Notepad++. But I would like to use simpler tools like drag n drop style ones. Can you or anyone else suggest any?

What is your experience with Anstrex? I believe it's cheaper than AdPlexity, but do you find it's good?
I haven't used other tools so I can't compare. I noticed that it doesn't find all ads. Also, if I choose to show all affiliate networks, it shows a lot fewer ads. Anyway, my first campaign is from Affiliate network manager advice not from a spy tool. But I like the lander download and edit tool. I believe other spy tools are pretty similar and show the same ads.

Thanks and BEST OF LUCK!!!
Thanks @AmNovice

It's great to see you jumping in, Ryan. The fact that you made conversions right out of the gate seems promising.

Best of luck, we'll be watching your progress and chiming in if you need us. :)

Thank you, @azgold

Currently, I am using the Anstrex landers editor, the AdsBridge tool, and Notepad++. But I would like to use simpler tools like drag n drop style ones. Can you or anyone else suggest any?

I imagine there are others but the only one I know of personally that's super-simple is PureLander. @tyoussef has lots of tutorial videos on the site if you need them, too.

I imagine there are others but the only one I know of personally that's super-simple is PureLander. @tyoussef has lots of tutorial videos on the site if you need them, too.
Thanks, I have seen it, will take a closer look.

FIRST UPDATE!

Stats from yesterday:
2020-09-10 10_38_20-Window.png

And today so far:
2020-09-10 10_38_32-Window.png

Thought 1:
I noticed I made a new mistake (or maybe it isn't?). I made 2 desktop campaigns and 2 mobile. I made one campaign on AdsBridge, but 2 on MGID. And it is a bit messy to read data with AdsBridge. Will make 2 separate on AdsBridge in the future too. What are your thoughts?

Thought 2:
So in my plan, I have noted to pause ads with CTR below 0.15.
Mobile ads are OK, they are above it but desktop ads are way below 0.15. Not sure why. Any ideas why? Same images, same titles.
But as of plan, I should stop them now. Also, all orders are from Mobile campaigns.

Thought 3:
So far on mobile 30% traffic are bots, I am turning off many widgets. On Desktop only 7% bots.

P.s. What I have read, desktop converts better so newbies should start with Desktop. In my first experience, it is the opposite. Any ideas why? Because of the GEO and offer?

I would appreciate seeing more people jumping into the discussion, thanks.

And it is a bit messy to read data with AdsBridge. Will make 2 separate on AdsBridge in the future too. What are your thoughts?

It would probably be simpler and easier for you to assess each creative if you separate them, especially during hands-on learning.

What I have read, desktop converts better so newbies should start with Desktop.

I've never worked with native but I've read that, too. I would think it depends on your target audience (older vs younger users) and offer. Seniors tend to use their laptops or PCs, rather than phones. Younger people, it's the other way around. Older people find the bigger screens and keyboards easier to see and use.

Thanks, I have seen it, will take a closer look.

FIRST UPDATE!

Stats from yesterday:
View attachment 17319
And today so far:
View attachment 17320
Thought 1:
I noticed I made a new mistake (or maybe it isn't?). I made 2 desktop campaigns and 2 mobile. I made one campaign on AdsBridge, but 2 on MGID. And it is a bit messy to read data with AdsBridge. Will make 2 separate on AdsBridge in the future too. What are your thoughts?

Thought 2:
So in my plan, I have noted to pause ads with CTR below 0.15.
Mobile ads are OK, they are above it but desktop ads are way below 0.15. Not sure why. Any ideas why? Same images, same titles.
But as of plan, I should stop them now. Also, all orders are from Mobile campaigns.

Thought 3:
So far on mobile 30% traffic are bots, I am turning off many widgets. On Desktop only 7% bots.

P.s. What I have read, desktop converts better so newbies should start with Desktop. In my first experience, it is the opposite. Any ideas why? Because of the GEO and offer?

I would appreciate seeing more people jumping into the discussion, thanks.
Thanks for sharing and congrats on the one or few conversions in your second screenshot!
What's your bidding strategy btw? Are you bidding higher than the minimum to try to get better placements? Also, are you noticing the bot traffic through your tracker?

Yesterday ended like this:
2020-09-11 10_09_39-Window.png

Today I paused a few more widgets and few ads that haven't get any conversion. Will see how it goes further.

Thanks for sharing and congrats on the one or few conversions in your second screenshot!
What's your bidding strategy btw? Are you bidding higher than the minimum to try to get better placements? Also, are you noticing the bot traffic through your tracker?
Thanks! MGID shows a bar with a low and high bid, I just pick high one.
I have 2 mobile campaigns with the same ad images but various titles and CPC are the same. But one spends daily budget in 2-3 hours, the second one doesn't spend it at all. So one had more than 1 million impressions, the second one below 100k. I asked the manager, he said low starting CPC for that second one which doesn't make any sense cuz both have the same. And currently, that second one has an even higher CPC but it still doesn't spend money slowly.
I have heard affiliates saying start with high bid and then lower accordingly. Well, I have no idea how to lower accordingly. Maybe I should lower CPC for that campaign which spends money fast?

Yes, the tracker has a tool that shows suspicious activity and also I am looking at engagement, if a lot of visits but no clicks I block that widget.

Purelander and Elementor 3.0, I know for a fact that Elementor has drag and drop.
Thanks, I will check.
What platform are you using to host your domains? Many thanks!
I am hosting on AdsBridge. I have too many new things to handle that myself. I am struggling even to Install WordPress (Once I installed a new website and deleted my 4 years old one:rolleyes:).

The first campaign paused.
2020-09-14 11_46_56-Window.png

Couldn't get ROI better than -30% to with any combination. Don't want to continue to lose money, will search for another offer.

I noticed a ton of widgets with only 1 visit. Like really a lot. And they spent a lot of my budget. Is that normal?
2020-09-14 11_56_13-Window.png

Edit: Around 350 widgets with 1 visit.

Hmm, I'm definitely no expert but I feel like you shouldn't be having so many widgets with ONLY 1 visit. Just seems like really bad placements or something. Low quality traffic? That being said, have you thought about turning all of those widgets that are getting 1 visit only? How much traffic are you getting on average from your best widgets? Have you tried scaling those up?

Hmm, I'm definitely no expert but I feel like you shouldn't be having so many widgets with ONLY 1 visit. Just seems like really bad placements or something. Low quality traffic? That being said, have you thought about turning all of those widgets that are getting 1 visit only? How much traffic are you getting on average from your best widgets? Have you tried scaling those up?
MGID manager said that it is normal. You can not buy more traffic from such sources due to a low CTR, CPC. You only win the first impression and sometimes a few clicks.
From the best widget (the most conversions) I got more than 500 clicks and 57 clicks, other best widgets got between 100-300 visits and 15-20 clicks. I added a higher CPC for these widgets but that brings more traffic but no conversions.

MGID manager said that it is normal. You can not buy more traffic from such sources due to a low CTR, CPC. You only win the first impression and sometimes a few clicks.
From the best widget (the most conversions) I got more than 500 clicks and 57 clicks, other best widgets got between 100-300 visits and 15-20 clicks. I added a higher CPC for these widgets but that brings more traffic but no conversions.
I hope this video gives you a little bit of encouragement!

Yes, we always stress that you're not wasting money, you're buying data. Some recommend that you run a campaign for seven days or so to get a better analysis so you can optimize. In other words, it's an investment. :)

Thanks for the video. He said what everyone is saying :) But as a newbie it is hard to tell that to your brains :confused:

Yes, we always stress that you're not wasting money, you're buying data. Some recommend that you run a campaign for seven days or so to get a better analysis so you can optimize. In other words, it's an investment. :)

Yeah, must be true.

But my question here is how to know that border? I mean, how to know if buying data will pay off. For example, you start a campaign, you are getting like -70-80% ROI. Then run it for example 5 days, still losing money (OK, sorry - buying data), how to know is it a waste or it can become profitable? How to know that border when to continue and when stop? Or it comes with experience?

Thanks for the video. He said what everyone is saying :) But as a newbie it is hard to tell that to your brains :confused:

Yeah, must be true.

But my question here is how to know that border? I mean, how to know if buying data will pay off. For example, you start a campaign, you are getting like -70-80% ROI. Then run it for example 5 days, still losing money (OK, sorry - buying data), how to know is it a waste or it can become profitable? How to know that border when to continue and when stop? Or it comes with experience?
I think it comes with experience, yes, but I always have the same question so I'm curious to see what people will say on here! How's the campaign coming along? Have you done any changes based on your data?

I paused my first campaign but continue to run today. I noticed that my CPC was a lot higher than necessary so I lowered it and will see how it goes.

And started a new campaign yesterday and here are the stats:
2020-09-18 11_18_25-Window.png

I am actively blocking bad widgets and not sure if should continue this or not.

banners
Back