The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Journey to $10.000+ per month with Native Ads

2020-09-18 16_56_25-Window.png

Ok, paused it because today's stats are shit.

But restarted my previous one (first campaign). Stats today:
2020-09-18 16_34_44-Window.png

Looks a bit better now. I think I have a chance to get this positive.

Are you still testing various creatives/headlines, etc.?

Also, what are your stats like? Is there a particular time of day, day, etc. that's getting you the most clicks? Maybe you could target those various demographics, times to save some of your budget. Optimize and test against a tweaked lander based on what you've learned from your data so far if you can.

Would you click through your landing page and buy into your offer and have you tested a different traffic source and the same or similar offer from another network?

Testing is such an important part of a campaign.

From the best widget (the most conversions) I got more than 500 clicks and 57 clicks, other best widgets got between 100-300 visits and 15-20 clicks. I added a higher CPC for these widgets but that brings more traffic but no conversions.

Widget is what you are calling a placement/ID number (I am assuming) without seeing your actual server logs --who knows.
What to look at--
  1. Traffic Intent or the traffic quality
  2. Affinity of the user toward your creative/link text (direct linking) or landing page
  3. The quality of the offer
These are the values where there is a possible choke point --one or some.
  1. I would make sure the traffic is all HTTP/2.0 and not ancient browsers or bots --this is on your server logs if you are using a landing page or a redirect (301), if that checks out;
  2. proceed to the rest.

Are you still testing various creatives/headlines, etc.?

Also, what are your stats like? Is there a particular time of day, day, etc. that's getting you the most clicks? Maybe you could target those various demographics, times to save some of your budget. Optimize and test against a tweaked lander based on what you've learned from your data so far if you can.

Would you click through your landing page and buy into your offer and have you tested a different traffic source and the same or similar offer from another network?

Testing is such an important part of a campaign.

Yes, I am testing various creatives/headlines.
What does "tweaked lander" means?

I haven't tested other traffic sources and other networks. Coudn't find any other affiliate network with same product.

Yeah, I should test more.

Widget is what you are calling a placement/ID number (I am assuming) without seeing your actual server logs --who knows.
What to look at--
  1. Traffic Intent or the traffic quality
  2. Affinity of the user toward your creative/link text (direct linking) or landing page
  3. The quality of the offer
These are the values where there is a possible choke point --one or some.
  1. I would make sure the traffic is all HTTP/2.0 and not ancient browsers or bots --this is on your server logs if you are using a landing page or a redirect (301), if that checks out;
  2. proceed to the rest.
Yeah, the widget is a placement/ID number/particular website.
Thanks for the suggestions.

What does "tweaked lander" means?
If I were to 'tweak' a lander;
After testing substantially different landing pages,
I might try changing the 'winning' landing page from an A<=>B type test --changing;
(as example of 'tweaking')
  • positioning of a CTA (call to action) button or its color or size
  • blocks of copy might have their order changed
  • a new image tried.
Bottom line: Some minor change that might improve the flow or CTR (*or CR) of the landing page.

Last edited:
I paused my first campaign but continue to run today. I noticed that my CPC was a lot higher than necessary so I lowered it and will see how it goes.

And started a new campaign yesterday and here are the stats:
View attachment 17362
I am actively blocking bad widgets and not sure if should continue this or not.

Hey! I think you should go on blocking shit widgets. Also you can ask your manager to apply "brand safe" feature if they have such. I did some Nutra verticals in MGiD and it was quite great campaigns. So the story is all the same => block shitty widgets, check your teasers and tweak them. And don't overbid! Also I can recommend to try targeting in Mobile campaign iOS only VS Android only campaigns. It can be a big difference in some GEOs

Thanks, @Graybeard for the explanation.

Hey! I think you should go on blocking shit widgets. Also you can ask your manager to apply "brand safe" feature if they have such. I did some Nutra verticals in MGiD and it was quite great campaigns. So the story is all the same => block shitty widgets, check your teasers and tweak them. And don't overbid! Also I can recommend to try targeting in Mobile campaign iOS only VS Android only campaigns. It can be a big difference in some GEOs
Yeah, that's what I am doing - blocking shit widgets. I overbid at the beginning, now I am more careful with bids.
Yeah, one geo iOS was shit, and Android very good.
Thanks for the tips.

Btw. started 4 new campaigns today and working on another one. Will share results in coming days.

Yesterday ended with such results.

Campaign 1.
2020-09-25 08_58_01-Window.png

Will continue to run this one to get more data. Looks promising.

Campaign 2.
2020-09-25 08_58_17-Window.png

As the payout for this one is $6 I paused it. There should have been at least 1 conversion from 200 clicks.

Campaign 3.
2020-09-25 08_58_31-Window.png

Haven't spent much yet to do any conclusion about this one yet.

Still, one campaign waiting for moderation, already 2 days.

And working on pre-landers for another campaign.

Not sure what happened but Campaign 1 was total shit next 2 days, spent more than $100 without any conversion so paused it. It started so promisingly though. :(

Campaign 2 and 3 paused, not a single conversion.

Still waiting for moderation for another campaign.

And started a few more today (awaiting moderation).

So far very demotivating results. :(

That was the idea that came to my mind too so I tried it today but stilll zero conversions.

Are you getting clicks through to the landing page? Are they following through to the offer? What I'm getting at, is do you know where you're losing them?

Are you getting clicks through to the landing page? Are they following through to the offer? What I'm getting at, is do you know where you're losing them?

Yes, through LP to the offer. LP CTR is even better than on day 1. So people are going through the funnel but just doesn't convert.

Yes, through LP to the offer. LP CTR is even better than on day 1.

That sounds like the issue could be the offer, rather than your landing page (said Captain Obvious :D). So, were you able to do some research on the offer beforehand and have you tested the same offer from any other network(s)?

Boy, I'm full of questions today! :D

That sounds like the issue could be the offer, rather than your landing page (said Captain Obvious :D). So, were you able to do some research on the offer beforehand and have you tested the same offer from any other network(s)?

Boy, I'm full of questions today! :D

Haha, I have some answers, keep going. :D

I haven't checked much regarding this offer. AM suggestion. I Will check if other networks have it.

I haven't checked much regarding this offer. AM suggestion. I Will check if other networks have it.

If you like that type of offer but the one you're promoting isn't working, what about similar offers in the same vertical? Check any offer out before promoting, as best you can. It could save you some time and budget by weeding out an offer that doesn't perform well.

Ohh, after 5 days wait campaign that was on moderation got rejected. First time I got rejected.

I would concur at this point...

10000 views/impressions > 500 clicks to LP >50-100 clicks to the offer with 4-8 conversions
That might be what I would have as a goal with the type ad source (MGID) you are using --would you have a decent EPC in that scenario?

With such a scenario, EPC would have been pretty good. I haven't had any offer with more than 2-3 conversions from 50-100 LP clicks.

If you like that type of offer but the one you're promoting isn't working, what about similar offers in the same vertical? Check any offer out before promoting, as best you can. It could save you some time and budget by weeding out an offer that doesn't perform well.
I can't say I "like" that type of offer. It is more like - I need to test something and AM suggested this, so I should try it. Also found some action on the spy tool. But mostly with Revcontent, AdNow, not MGID.
I checked similar offers in the same vertical but AM said they are not that good.
Btw, when you say "Check any offer out before promoting, as best you can" what exactly should I check? Probably I am missing something here.

Btw, when you say "Check any offer out before promoting, as best you can" what exactly should I check? Probably I am missing something here.

I just meant to research it, see if it's a popular/reputable service or product, is it already being promoted by a bazillion other affiliates (saturation), etc. That's all. Just regular research, including of your demographic. Where does your target audience hang out, is the lander/offer page in the native language and conform to that country's customs of dress, for example (don't promote a page of women in bikinis to certain countries). :D

Just gather some information about your offer and audience for your starting point. It can save you some time and money in the long run.

It's not bad to push one your AM gave you without checking it out, I've done that (twice ever) - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (I had one of each). But I would've saved myself a bunch of money if I'd investigated a bit beforehand for the one that was a bust.

You can also use simple automation rules to block bot traffic by getting rid of underperforming placements(widgets). I use simple automation rules like this:
IF Conversions are equal = 0 &
Clicks (TS) is more than > 100 &
Date range: is 7 Then
Placement that meet these criteria will be automatically blocked.

Implement this rule to our free tool: AdGenius.ai
Simply type: AdGenius.ai in your browser and create a free account.

That sounds like the issue could be the offer, rather than your landing page (said Captain Obvious :D)
I would concur at this point...

10000 views/impressions > 500 clicks to LP >50-100 clicks to the offer with 4-8 conversions
That might be what I would have as a goal with the type ad source (MGID) you are using --would you have a decent EPC in that scenario?

After a bunch of really bad campaigns, I finally find one good. Well, at least at the beginning.
After the first $100 spent my ROI was with the "+" mark the first time since I started natives.
I tested 3 PL, 7 ads same title, various images. All conversions came from one ad and mobile. So I started to do some optimization.
Then this happened.
2020-10-08 11_52_08-Window.png

Conversions just stopped.

I even didn't pause any widget. All I did was paused a few ads that didn't convert.

banners
Back