Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Create a website

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • other (comment plz :) )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Idan

affiliate
Hi guys! This is my first month as an affiliator, didn't make any money yet but I'm not giving up and improving every day.

So, I currently have 2 campaigns running, one in astrology niche with $5/day budget and the other in woodworking niche with a $12/day budget. Both are running under the same generic Facebook page. I'm currently implementing as I learned from Youtube mentors - running a Facebook ad that leads to a quiz page I created that leads to the real landing page of the sale.

This is for the astrology product:
Clickbank:
upload_2020-12-29_22-59-32.png

Facebook ads:
upload_2020-12-29_23-3-11.png

And this is for the woodworking:
clickbank:
upload_2020-12-29_23-0-51.png

FB ADS (2 ad sets, different interests):
upload_2020-12-29_23-3-35.png

I keep checking my status every day and optimizing the ads every week after watching the statistics, hoping that would generate me my first sale!

This is my plan basically:
  1. Publish 2 ads simultaneously with an about $650/month budget

2. Every weekend check statistics and improve ads

3. Every day read forum posts to get better
WDYT?

Hi guys! This is my first month as an affiliator, didn't make any money yet but I'm not giving up and improving every day.

So, I currently have 2 campaigns running, one in astrology niche with $5/day budget and the other in woodworking niche with a $12/day budget. Both are running under the same generic Facebook page. I'm currently implementing as I learned from Youtube mentors - running a Facebook ad that leads to a quiz page I created that leads to the real landing page of the sale.

This is for the astrology product:
Clickbank:
View attachment 18013

Facebook ads:
View attachment 18015

And this is for the woodworking:
clickbank:
View attachment 18014
FB ADS (2 ad sets, different interests):
View attachment 18016

I keep checking my status every day and optimizing the ads every week after watching the statistics, hoping that would generate me my first sale!

This is my plan basically:
  1. Publish 2 ads simultaneously with an about $650/month budget

2. Every weekend check statistics and improve ads

3. Every day read forum posts to get better
WDYT?

Would you know how many hops you got inside Clickbank and more importantly how many order form impressions did you get?

The reason why I ask is because 200-300 clicks to a sales page is usually enough to see whether or not you have an offer that convert.

Your graphs seem to show that you have more than 300 clicks to your quizzes but how many actually clicked through to the sales page? That would be one of your indicators, on top of your cost per unique click.

Facebook is a beast: if done right you can scale fast but if your targeting is not on par, you will get lots of tire kickers.

I got tired of playing mouse and cat with FB churning and burning ad accounts after ad accounts while promoting clickbank products. Their bot is too sensitive these days. I finally gave up and moved to the big G.

Good luck with your project. I will follow along.

Would you know how many hops you got inside Clickbank and more importantly how many order form impressions did you get?

The reason why I ask is because 200-300 clicks to a sales page is usually enough to see whether or not you have an offer that convert.

Your graphs seem to show that you have more than 300 clicks to your quizzes but how many actually clicked through to the sales page? That would be one of your indicators, on top of your cost per unique click.

Facebook is a beast: if done right you can scale fast but if your targeting is not on par, you will get lots of tire kickers.

I got tired of playing mouse and cat with FB churning and burning ad accounts after ad accounts while promoting clickbank products. Their bot is too sensitive these days. I finally gave up and moved to the big G.

Good luck with your project. I will follow along.

For the woodworking product 330 hops in clickbank (665 on facebook)
For the astrology product 196 in clickbank (334 on facebook)

Do you think it's a good converting rate?

From what you are saying it looks like:

woodworking product 330 hops in clickbank (665 on facebook) that's roughly 49% CTR
astrology product 196 in clickbank (334 on facebook) that's 50%+ CTR.

If half of people who clicked your link on Facebook clicked through (from your LP) to get on the sales page then something is off with your settings.

I am not familiar with the astrology offer but i have promoted teds woodworking before. With 330 hops you should have at the very least 1 sale if your targeting was set right in Facebook e.g you are sending through people who really want the offer.

I would say check your "order form impressions" numbers on Clickbank. If you got none (zero, nil, 0) then the traffic is definitively not on. You may want to adjust your targeting.

On the over hand, if you got some "order form impressions" then you know you are onto something. Keep tweaking your targeting and landing page.

I assume that the funnel you are using is Facebook--> quiz page --> sales page?
If yes, what campaign (events) are you using on Facebook? WC, PPE, Lead,....?

Keep testing and tweaking your funnel.
Good luck with your project.

What Popunders Cost Me Today
if 50% clicked through your LP that's good ... (added)

I thought it was JUST the filtered network traffic that clickbank did not record on their stats (direct linking <<<)
Your results with facebook ads is not that much different --where are the missing clicks? if it was 50% loss at the LP that's good ...
If there was only some small difference then \_(‘ < ‘ )_/ so what?

Something stinks ... (maybe reacted too fast)

UPDATE: I MADE MY FIRST SALES!!!!
3 sales on Friday for the astrology product! 57 bucks! (and $127 spent to get that, hopefully the changes I made the past weeks will provide a better sales converting rate :) )

I'm sure it has to do with the new year (Friday - 1.1.21), people want to know their future for that new year :)
Now I'll wait a week and start making some split tests :) Which properties would you guys suggest testing?

I don't know much about ads
Did you really make landing page good content?
What's on your content checklist?

My landing pages consist of small quizzes, just to end up with the link to the selling landing pages.

What Popunders Cost Me Today
if 50% clicked through your LP that's good ... (added)

I thought it was JUST the filtered network traffic that Clickbank did not record on their stats (direct linking <<<)
Your results with Facebook ads is not that much different --where are the missing clicks? if it was 50% loss at the LP that's good ...
If there was only some small difference then \_(‘ < ‘ )_/ so what?

Something stinks ... (maybe reacted too fast)
Not sure I'm following... By "something stinks" you mean that I should make some sales? If so, there it is :)
If not, can you please expand? :)

The astrology product made till today 448 Facebook clicks and 294 Clickbank clicks.

From what you are saying it looks like:

woodworking product 330 hops in Clickbank (665 on Facebook) that's roughly 49% CTR
astrology product 196 in Clickbank (334 on Facebook) that's 50%+ CTR.

If half of people who clicked your link on Facebook clicked through (from your LP) to get on the sales page then something is off with your settings.

I am not familiar with the astrology offer but i have promoted teds woodworking before. With 330 hops you should have at the very least 1 sale if your targeting was set right in Facebook e.g you are sending through people who really want the offer.

I would say check your "order form impressions" numbers on Clickbank. If you got none (zero, nil, 0) then the traffic is definitively not on. You may want to adjust your targeting.

On the over hand, if you got some "order form impressions" then you know you are onto something. Keep tweaking your targeting and landing page.

I assume that the funnel you are using is Facebook--> quiz page --> sales page?
If yes, what campaign (events) are you using on Facebook? WC, PPE, Lead,....?

Keep testing and tweaking your funnel.
Good luck with your project.

I still didn't make any profit form the woodworking product, and summering the split tests 1235 Facebook clicks and 564 Clickbank clicks (and I spend $167.20 till today) .

Thanks for taking part in my journey, I really appreciate it!

Some updates:

1. I didn't got any new sales.
2. I started today a split test with different ad text for the astrology product.
3. I sent an email to the astrology product asking for a commission bump and an email list for a lookalike audience.

Not much, a bit walking in the dark, but any progress is for the best, right?

UPDATE:
I just checked and realized that I spent $170 on the woodworking product with a PPC of $0.14 which looks cheap to me, but still 0 sales, so I think that I'll wait a few days and if there is still no sales I'll stop promoting this product, unless you guys have another Idea.

But I guess that's fine, I probably just need to find another product to promote.

Good niche for you --> help people find work online
Interesting... I'll search for affiliate offers on that field.

I didn't want to poo-poo on your campaign but Ted's Woodworking is very overworked IMO

MMO is overworked too and I think you will have to overcome a lot of skepticism. If it's a solid deal (and sincere) it may fly ...
You're saying you wouldn't suggest that?

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts! I'm currently looking for a product in the "SELF-HELP" clickbank niche, and emailing these offers owners to get more information about their buyers and to get a commission bump.

WDYT?

One of my sites next week is help people find work online
1st time I have promoted outside physical products
Best way to find skills (courses to promote) is look at labor markets --> what skills are needed now?

I limit my exposure to people as much as possible and live a very reclusive life these days.

My wife and I have similarly done this as well. It isn't in our nature as we are typically a very social couple in some regards. It's a necessity as we are both in our sixties, have a very good life, and want to push on another thirty years (or more)!

Hi all :) I have a quick question - some affiliate manager told me that they can share with my FB account a LAA. Is it possible that I just give them like my Facebook ads ID or something and I'll get that info somehow? Or I misunderstood them?

banners
Back