The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Clickbank and Bing ads direct linking success

Clickbank has certainly been getting better because there are quite a number of affiliate marketers that have been making alot from clickbank. It takes work and determination and that's why most people never actually make it big on clickbank. If you chose to then you can easily make things work out for you.

Hey Dave, I'm from Sri Lanka. I try to use bing Ads to launch a campaign after watching several of your videos but it shows me a different interface rather than yours in bing ad panel. I don't know why. It has no field to insert hop link as you did in the video.
I have already chosen a product and I searched for it on Google SERPs. Luckily I didn't find anyone promoting that product on search result ads. Because of bing interface problem I want to promote it with google ads. Can I direct link to the sales page in google ads or if I have to use a lander, is it possible to use google sites?

Last edited:
Dave, A question about the CB product 'The Lost Book of Remedies'. It says on the affiliate page that they don't allow brand bidding on search networks. Does this mean they don't allow the product to be promoted with general keywords on search networks also or only not brand bidding? The first part is clear that mentions brand bidding, but the confusing part is when it says 'not on the search engines'.

Last edited:
Dave, A question about the CB product 'The Lost Book of Remedies'. It says on the affiliate page that they don't allow brand bidding on search networks. Does this mean they don't allow the product to be promoted with general keywords on search networks also or only not brand bidding? The first part is clear that mentions brand bidding, but the confusing part is when it says 'not on the search engines'.
In the last few weeks they updated those terms. They mean don't bid on our product name of Google ads and Bing ads. As far as general keywords are concerned, eg. "home remedies for xxx" I believe this is still okay.

You can promote the product with Bing Ads or G Ads or other, but you can not use their brand as a keyword.

Hi Dave,

First of all, may I start by saying how grateful I am for all the content you post here as well as on your youtube channel, it’s pure gold!

I’ve been promoting MaxBounty offers on Bing with some success, mainly SOI offers with small payouts $3.50 and have been able to run that campaign at a profit but nothing great, around $5-8 profit per day.

I have watched all your direct linking videos and have set up a Clickbank campaign in my Bing account.
I seem to be getting clicks (few) and lots of Hops but not a single conversion.

My stats are:

Bing: 15 clicks / 1753 impressions, 0,86% CTR and average CPC of $1.95, 13 phrase match keywords and 1 exact match keyword for the Brand. In the ad analysis I see that for the phrase match keywords I am position 1 in Bing search results for all those 13 keywords and I am position 2 for the exact match keyword / brand name. Daily limit is $30 but I haven’t spent more than $15 in a day as yet (4 days running) Max daily bid is $4 / click

Clickbank: physical supplement product, Gravity 30, Health niche, Avg $/conversion +$100, Hops 51, no sales.

I am surprised that people are clicking through to the ad but no purchases..?

I don’t know if this is enough info for you to give me any advice or if you need to see my ads I am happy to private message you a copy so that maybe you could have a look over them?

And if anyone can offer any advice regarding the above, I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much and I'm very happy to be a part of this forum!

Regards,

PF

Great tuts.

Totally stumbled across this place, I can't even remember how, was like 3am in the morning lol.

However, I'm shocked you're getting some of those examples through Google Ads review.

Supplements in particular not least because they're absolute blatant bridges.

DIRECTLY from Google Ads guidelines as prohibited:

"Destinations that are solely designed to send users elsewhere
Examples: Bridge page, doorway, gateway, other intermediate pages that are only used to link to other sites"

Or am I missing something pertinent?

I'm asking, because I'm tempted, but...I'm scared of getting in hot water with this.

When I watched the video, the fact you've got those landers running, my jaw was on the floor.

Last edited:
Ok considering there is no reply whatsoever, I'm going to take that Google Ads video with a bucketful of salt, considering you've completely blurred out the domain.

Supplements on it's own is a HYPER sensitive product & nearly impossible to get through Google Ads, let alone using a blatant bridge page like that with literally nothing on it except the price and a straight up affiliate link to buy it.

I do not for 1 second believe, that EXACT page is the page you're submitting to Google Ads, unless you're swapping out the link/url after approval in the tracker.

unless you're swapping out the link/url after approval in the tracker.

This is a common practice. However, once found out by G, it's curtains for the account.

Also, I can't imagine why anyone wants "game" G anymore, too much risk. I went 100% white hat with them 8 or 10 years back and had a great and successful relationship with them since.

Ok considering there is no reply whatsoever, I'm going to take that Google Ads video with a bucketful of salt, considering you've completely blurred out the domain.

Supplements on it's own is a HYPER sensitive product & nearly impossible to get through Google Ads, let alone using a blatant bridge page like that with literally nothing on it except the price and a straight up affiliate link to buy it.

I do not for 1 second believe, that EXACT page is the page you're submitting to Google Ads, unless you're swapping out the link/url after approval in the tracker.

Which one of his videos are you referring to? I think most of his tactics involve bing ads & native networds which are more lenient to some extent on bridge pages.
Let me know the specific video you are referring to, if you can.

Hi Dave,

First of all, may I start by saying how grateful I am for all the content you post here as well as on your youtube channel, it’s pure gold!

I’ve been promoting MaxBounty offers on Bing with some success, mainly SOI offers with small payouts $3.50 and have been able to run that campaign at a profit but nothing great, around $5-8 profit per day.

I have watched all your direct linking videos and have set up a Clickbank campaign in my Bing account.
I seem to be getting clicks (few) and lots of Hops but not a single conversion.

My stats are:

Bing: 15 clicks / 1753 impressions, 0,86% CTR and average CPC of $1.95, 13 phrase match keywords and 1 exact match keyword for the Brand. In the ad analysis I see that for the phrase match keywords I am position 1 in Bing search results for all those 13 keywords and I am position 2 for the exact match keyword / brand name. Daily limit is $30 but I haven’t spent more than $15 in a day as yet (4 days running) Max daily bid is $4 / click

Clickbank: physical supplement product, Gravity 30, Health niche, Avg $/conversion +$100, Hops 51, no sales.

I am surprised that people are clicking through to the ad but no purchases..?

I don’t know if this is enough info for you to give me any advice or if you need to see my ads I am happy to private message you a copy so that maybe you could have a look over them?

And if anyone can offer any advice regarding the above, I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much and I'm very happy to be a part of this forum!

Regards,

PF

In my opinion you don't have enough data yet to make an informed decision. I like to assess the performance of an ad/product after 10,000 impressions and/or 100-300 clicks to the offer.
$1.95/click is high for bing ads, probably because you are brand bidding. You could find other easy keywords with lower cpc for your testing.

To be honest you are better off running health & fitness offers on native ads network.

Which one of his videos are you referring to? I think most of his tactics involve bing ads & native networds which are more lenient to some extent on bridge pages.
Let me know the specific video you are referring to, if you can.

So literally the FIRST video.

Specifically titled this one:

*** UPDATE NOVEMBER 27: New Google Ads/Clickbank case study video. This time using a landing page. The video includes results.

Skip to 19m:50s and look at the lander he's trying to tell me he's submitting.

He's totally blurring out the actual domain he uses in Clickmagick, which is fair enough, but he's trying to tell me he's getting THAT page through Google Ads review?...for supplements..seriously.

No way is that the page he's submitting. No chance he's getting that through Google.

Besides the fact it's a textbook bridge page violation...he's literally using words like "Results Guaranteed"..for supplements ..on Google? Give.....me...a...break.

Last edited:
So literally the FIRST video.

Specifically titled this one:

*** UPDATE NOVEMBER 27: New Google Ads/Clickbank case study video. This time using a landing page. The video includes results.

Skip to 19m:50s and look at the lander he's trying to tell me he's submitting.

He's totally blurring out the actual domain he uses in Clickmagick, which is fair enough, but he's trying to tell me he's getting THAT page through Google Ads review?...for supplements..seriously.

No way is that the page he's submitting. No chance he's getting that through Google.

Besides the fact it's a textbook bridge page violation...he's literally using words like "Results Guaranteed"..for supplements ..on Google? Give.....me...a...break.

Ok got it. No this won't run on Google Ads.

One of the things that kind of put me off about these videos is the fact that he does 1 sale type of scenario and says go make millions.

But again his main objective is to build an audience on YouTube and rank in with adsense (monetizing his channel). His target is definitively newbies.

Frequent videos with different thumbnails talking about the same method. I guess it must work for him if people are watching and subscribing to his channel.

Anyone who has been in the game a little longer than 6 months would understand what sounds plausible and what is not Ok.

I asked once why not run a real case study with 1 week+ worth of data to see if the campaign can be profitable or not.

Most aff marketers can make 1 sale here and there.

Their real challenge is how to sustain the sales and conversions to a profitable level. That's where the rubber hits the road. That's what also differentiate dreamers from real affiliate marketers.

Ok got it. No this won't run on Google Ads.

One of the things that kind of put me off about these videos is the fact that he does 1 sale type of scenario and says go make millions.

But again his main objective is to build an audience on YouTube and rank in with adsense (monetizing his channel). His target is definitively newbies.

Frequent videos with different thumbnails talking about the same method. I guess it must work for him if people are watching and subscribing to his channel.

Anyone who has been in the game a little longer than 6 months would understand what sounds plausible and what is not Ok.

I asked once why not run a real case study with 1 week+ worth of data to see if the campaign can be profitable or not.

Most aff marketers can make 1 sale here and there.

Their real challenge is how to sustain the sales and conversions to a profitable level. That's where the rubber hits the road. That's what also differentiate dreamers from real affiliate marketers.

I'm not going to get into the whole politics of why he's doing it, if that's his game, fair play and power to him but as you say anyone who's been in this game (I've been in and out since 2013) would smell BS a mile off.

To any newbies watching that...

DO NOT submit a page like that to Google Ads, you will get booted straight the F off of the platform 100%.

That's a fact.

In fact, I'd argue, don't attempt supplements on Google Ads full stop.

The only reason I made an account here, was to ask how the hell he was getting that through G Ads review.

And (obviously) he didn't reply.

This is a common practice. However, once found out by G, it's curtains for the account.

Also, I can't imagine why anyone wants "game" G anymore, too much risk.

I agree.

However, you tell me how else he's (allegedly) getting that page running on Google Ads?

Anyone can get a sale especially Clickbank where it's pretty effing easy to buy through your own link and pass that off as a legit sale and nobody would know any different.

Which I'd bet my house is exactly what he's doing.

They're all 1 sale kind of things.

Hi everyone - long time lurker and a first time poster here. I've been doing direct linking for the past few years - I don't use Clickbank actually , I use a variety of affiliate networks and offers. There's always been a bit of click leakage whilst doing this, I've found only about 80-90% of traffic was going through, but recently , perhaps over the past six months it's dropped right down and is now about 25-50% of clicks that get through so nothing is profitable anymore.

Any ideas how I might fix this? I run and track things via prosper202. I tried Click Magick too but had the same issues. Anyone else experiencing similar? How did you fix? Thanks in advance :)

I am trying to figure this 'issue' out myself.
  • cookie 'slippage' cookies rejected or not found on the fetch; or,
  • intentional shaving; or both

IDK, no way to tell without making some test buys.

Right now I want 'in your face' sign ups on rev-share and hopefully they will pay out long term.
Let me know if you find anything! It's definitely not intentional shaving in my case. The only things I've tried so far was switch to ClickMagick from Prosper, which made no difference. And i tried upgrading the hosting on the tracking domain which also didn't affect things ( though that was a very long shot!). I use the referrer shield on prosper, I suspect that might have something to do with it, so will test with that off.

banners
Back