The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

IsaiahTJ

affiliate
I have a question about the affiliate links, when I went to visit the affiliate link, it showed a different offer from the offer I planned to promote. I wanted to know why this is?

I just wanted to make sure the affiliate link goes to the correct offer.

Even non dynamic links do this.

I thought that I couldn't see the offer because the offer was based in another country, but when I tried a US offer I couldn't see it as well. Could it be because it is my tracking link I myself cannot see it? I just wanted to make sure the offer was correctly going to the offer I wanted to promote.

Apart from being in a different country the reason can be wrong targeting parameters. For example, you are trying to test mobile-only offer from your desktop. The best way to learn if the offer is working or not is asking your Account manager.

Agree on everything above but also want to give you my vision of the situation.
The issue may be that after click on a tracking url you are redirected to a landing page first. You see, some advertisers would like not to reveal their domains at once but to show users a landing page first with survey or other stuff. When you complete the sign up form at the landing page you'll be transferred to the original website you intended to promote. So in any case you promote the site you applied for, just first user lands on the "warm-up" page and then gets redirected to the site itself. But as said you have to be sure that GEO and the device are correct according to offer restrictions.

There can be several reasons for that including those named above.
Firstly, this offer may be paused or blocked for your account ID, check that with your advertiser.
If you’re trying to see the offer using proxy/VPN, some advertiser may block it and redirect such traffic to another offer.
Thirdly, if you are clicking same offer for the numerous time, you would be redirected as duplicated click
Anyway, ask your AM about the issue

banners
Back