The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Whats more important web design or SEO?

I must say that both things go hand. First of all, if you have used a good SEO strategy, you will get to the first page of Google and after this if you have used a useless web design, you will lose your reputation. So according to me both are important for any business

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really a very good question.
Many customers, seeing a bad design, simply leave and never return.
There are many customers and they will never come to you due to improper or lack of SEO.
I think that both design and SEO play an important role.

Even if you have good design, what is the pointif there are no visitors.
Hence traffic is most important

i think both the designing of the website and Search engine optimization are the important factors to attract the targeted audience and more leads for your business. Web Designing helps to make your website eye-catching which makes your website more engaging. SEO helps to reach the website and your business to the larger group of targeted audience.

Site usability and UX (the user experience) are overlooked SEO factors that are determined by the data collected by the search engines.

If a site is just SEO over-optimized with linkbacks and keyword stuffed text and the visitors never return --you are just spinning your wheels. The best you will achieve is a flash-in-the-pan result of a few weeks until the search engine adapts its algorithm.

@Sarbjit Grewal
If your copy is clever, I have seen many landing pages that are not over-designed 'pretty' do very well as they stand out and the readability of the LP message is better.

So is your intent; 1.) Visitor retention, or 2.) Conversion on a one shot landing page redirected from an ad?​

Often, the goals of Web design and Search Engine Optimization will conflict. While Website design generally favors a sparing use of text to make things clear and engaging, Search engine optimization requires the input of multiple keywords throughout the page.

While web design professionals will often use images and movement to tell a story that entices visitors into your products, and services, SEO aims to use words to bring them to your door.

Working to confirm that guests feel comfy and glad together with your web site style is what makes your web site a high quality computer programmed result. Websites engineered strictly for short-run promotional or advertising purpose usually concentrate a lot of on tweaking SEO than ranking high on search engines.

In my opinion neither web design or seo is important. The most important is content. Every website development company need a unique content to rank high on google.

I believe that both of them are equally important. If you have a nice looking website but it doesn't have any seo propmotion, then nobody will know about it and nobody will see it. On the contrary, if your website has a good seo but it looks ugly, nobody will derive pleasure from using and watching it. So, I think that both should be developed properly.

I think these things are complementary. If your site doesn't look good, then all efforts to promote it in search results are null and void. It's the same on the other side of the coin. If your site is very good, but not promoted in any way - what good is it?

If you worry about having worthwhile content that is 90% of what is needed for SEO today.

^^^THIS^^^ It's as simple as that! The stuff you read on the internet about SEO is so dated most of it is totally useless today.

The stuff you read on the internet about SEO is so dated most of it is totally useless today.

Not just about SEO. Just look at the marketing crap out there. Honestly, I get 8 to 10 emails a day from newbies with stupid outdated training asking to publish articles on the AffiliateFix "blog" in exchange for a do-follow link. That's just the tip of the iceberg of really stupid marketing practices being taught today out there today.

Last edited:
Which gets more traffic?
  1. A white page with only the correct answer in black color and Times New Roman font
  2. The most incredibly designed website imaginable but the incorrect answer
SEO beats website design

Why 70% SEO?
Do you need to kiss Google's ass to get a dribble of traffic.

If you worry about having worthwhile content that is 90% of what is needed for SEO today.

The stuff you read on the internet about SEO is so dated most of it is totally useless today.

Web design or SEO.....?
If the design of the website is not cached to the user's eye or poor design, then it affects user experience and the user never visits again to our website.
So by all of this good web design is very necessary for websites.
Move to another, If we have a good web design, but we do not do SEO properly and it doesn't rank on SERPs, it means we cannot connect with our relevant or valuable audience.
So there is no value in this good web design. In the end, my opinion is both are depending on each other.

Since its creation, search engine optimization has been integrated into web design to help ensure that there is sufficient optimization for the website's rank on the search engines. Are the two terms interchangeable Absolutely, we will describe what should be considered for a top-notch SEO and typical web design elements

While our designers and coders get busy building and designing your website, we'll get to work on your SEO. Our dedicated team of SEO experts will get to know your business and produce quality content that will bring visitors flocking in. Plus we'll help target specific keywords and phrases that your competitors might be ranking for and get you up there where you should be.

Both are correlated to each other and important because without SEO you will not able to optimize your website for the search engine and not get more business.

It's interesting how this thread was created 6 years ago, it has tons of comments, and still it gets more and more .. I see a bunch of frequent answers.. '-'

- Samira

banners
Back