The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Can trust be designed?

Danetted

affiliate
I wondered that when I first get to a site, if I want specific information, if I don't like the design, I look for another one that is more pleasing to the eye. Somehow I don't have confidence in them. How about you?

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

It matters a lot depending on the use of the content. Lack of good design, navigation and readability, with good contrast and easy on eyes text for tech or data discussion sites is a good thing. In fact, I use Firefox reader view to eliminate busy site design that is useless and unneeded to read the content. This includes a lot of name brand news sites --their design is really eye candy.

When I am buying something that is different likewise for pleasure or entertainment websites --eye candy matters there IMHO.

Rarely will I buy from (or do business with) anyone using a site hiding behind Cloudflare or only using a Let's Encrypt or Cloudflare free certificate where the business is not validated with a name and address. Been burned on that. If you are in business and cannot afford a paid fee and validated certificate --forget it.

The ONLY was to overcome my hesitancy is to establish real credibility --that goes beyond attractive design elements. Some indication of real substance is required.

Site appearance is only the first step in building trust --but it is the initial one so it's very important to capture the viewer's interests and expectations [{AI added:}. The next step is to ensure that the site content is useful and relevant. If the site contains a blog, the blog posts should be well-written and informative.

If the site is selling a product, the product descriptions should be clear and concise. The site should also be easy to navigate; viewers should be able to find what they're looking for quickly and easily. All of these factors are important in building trust with viewers, but they are especially important for e-commerce sites.

E-commerce sites are often the first point of contact between a company and its potential customers, so it's important that they make a good impression. In addition, e-commerce sites are usually handling sensitive information like credit card numbers, so it's even more important to build trust with viewers.

There are a few key things that e-commerce sites can do to build trust with viewers. First, as mentioned above, the site should have a professional appearance.

The site should also be secure, with a HTTPS connection and a security certificate. Viewers should also be able to easily find contact information for the company, in case they have any questions or concerns. Finally, e-commerce sites should offer some sort of guarantee or warranty on their products. This shows viewers that the company stands behind its products and is confident in their quality. Guarantees and warranties also give viewers a sense of security, which can be helpful in building trust. Building trust with viewers is essential for ...] Good prompt by me I guess AI rants out atta boys :)

good question
& good reply from @Graybeard
for me it begins in google
where we are talking about uptodate informational searches
serp listing has many clues
i dont click listings -->
if it contains the word quora
if no https
if meta looks sculpted or spammy
if brand name isnt clear (im 10x more likely to tap a brand ive heard b4)
if file name isnt properly formatted
if the year isnt 2023
if theres no capital letters on the title

if somebody takes time to tick all these boxes
the information is normally reliable

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

It matters a lot depending on the use of the content. Lack of good design, navigation and readability, with good contrast and easy on eyes text for tech or data discussion sites is a good thing. In fact, I use Firefox reader view to eliminate busy site design that is useless and unneeded to read the content. This includes a lot of name brand news sites --their design is really eye candy.

When I am buying something that is different likewise for pleasure or entertainment websites --eye candy matters there IMHO.

Rarely will I buy from (or do business with) anyone using a site hiding behind Cloudflare or only using a Let's Encrypt or Cloudflare free certificate where the business is not validated with a name and address. Been burned on that. If you are in business and cannot afford a paid fee and validated certificate --forget it.

The ONLY was to overcome my hesitancy is to establish real credibility --that goes beyond attractive design elements. Some indication of real substance is required.

Site appearance is only the first step in building trust --but it is the initial one so it's very important to capture the viewer's interests and expectations [{AI added:}. The next step is to ensure that the site content is useful and relevant. If the site contains a blog, the blog posts should be well-written and informative.

If the site is selling a product, the product descriptions should be clear and concise. The site should also be easy to navigate; viewers should be able to find what they're looking for quickly and easily. All of these factors are important in building trust with viewers, but they are especially important for e-commerce sites.

E-commerce sites are often the first point of contact between a company and its potential customers, so it's important that they make a good impression. In addition, e-commerce sites are usually handling sensitive information like credit card numbers, so it's even more important to build trust with viewers.

There are a few key things that e-commerce sites can do to build trust with viewers. First, as mentioned above, the site should have a professional appearance.

The site should also be secure, with a HTTPS connection and a security certificate. Viewers should also be able to easily find contact information for the company, in case they have any questions or concerns. Finally, e-commerce sites should offer some sort of guarantee or warranty on their products. This shows viewers that the company stands behind its products and is confident in their quality. Guarantees and warranties also give viewers a sense of security, which can be helpful in building trust. Building trust with viewers is essential for ...] Good prompt by me I guess AI rants out atta boys :)
Thank you both for the welcome and for the great reply! Glad to join you.

good question
& good reply from @Graybeard
for me it begins in google
where we are talking about uptodate informational searches
serp listing has many clues
i dont click listings -->
if it contains the word quora
if no https
if meta looks sculpted or spammy
if brand name isnt clear (im 10x more likely to tap a brand ive heard b4)
if file name isnt properly formatted
if the year isnt 2023
if theres no capital letters on the title

if somebody takes time to tick all these boxes
the information is normally reliable
It's interesting, some things I hadn't paid attention to before. Appreciate the reply. ;)

I'm not so affected unless the site is just completely unprofessional and not in step with current technology. It also depends on why I am at the site, I see data and edu sites in a different light than a shopping site for example.

Professional demographically targeted polls help clear all of this up pretty quickly, but they are quite expensive. I like PollFish myself. I spent almost $4k at PollFish when in development with my last content site, but the feedback was invaluable, priceless, IMO.

I wondered that when I first get to a site, if I want specific information, if I don't like the design, I look for another one that is more pleasing to the eye. Somehow I don't have confidence in them. How about you?
Effective design has a powerful impact on trust, as it creates a polished and cohesive brand identity, fosters a satisfying user experience, and communicates openness and credibility. Paying careful attention to detail, appealing to emotions, and prioritizing accessibility are crucial elements in building trust through design. In summary, a carefully crafted design can elevate the perceived dependability and excellence of a brand, product, or service. So yes)

Trust is build on reputation and experience.

Trusting a pretty website or trusting a pretty face can go sideways very quickly.

Present your value proposition with a good appearance --you may get lucky ...

Fake reviews, unsubstantiated claims or empty promises may fool a few dummies --little more ...

Effective design has a powerful impact on trust, as it creates a polished and cohesive brand identity, fosters a satisfying user experience, and communicates openness and credibility. Paying careful attention to detail, appealing to emotions, and prioritizing accessibility are crucial elements in building trust through design. In summary, a carefully crafted design can elevate the perceived dependability and excellence of a brand, product, or service. So yes)

Another AI content contribution. C'mon! Stop the crap AI posting StevenTR99!

Silly or not, a visually pleasing design is game changing decision for me. I won't get to read the text or scroll further if I'm badly impressed from the start. Maybe it's my attention span issues or the fact that the web is so crowded these days that I have certain expectations now.

MI
Back