The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What am I doing wrong? What's the next step

I am making an assumption that it is the first time you are running this campaighn. If so, you need not to be that much worried. It is always shaky when starting on a new thing. I am so sure that with time, the results will be good and you will enjoy every bit. However, be sure that you tested the method and the conversions have no issues. At times we have problems with the conversion and thus you may have all the impressions, clicks but no revenue at all.
I do have revenue and am said no problem with offer so it believe that's not it
Actually it's not my first campaign but I have yet only had one successful campaigns with daily $10/day for little while to call it experience. More the reason why I am questioning if there is a big problem overall

I'm willing to bet that a significant percentage of your traffic are bots. There's nothing preventing from redirecting it and selling it to people who want to buy it. *cough* *cough* shady solo ad sellers *cough* *cough*. Just figure out how to segregate real people vs. bots and you'll start out with a positive ROI from the gate every time.
I did check, but I don't have a single ip with more than 2 visits (country has a lot of traffic)
But I know they could just be from same region but unique ip, so this is something I am not so sure about.

I took @EymardSiojo @comegetbravo advice and made some changes with lp and targeted bid that did highest roi
Result was follow
Testing 4 lp with original only 1 beat the original gonna take these two and spin it around it bit more.
Visit : 1981
Click : 419
Conversion : 8
Spend$5.149
Earned$3.22
ROI-32.49%

I took @EymardSiojo @comegetbravo advice and made some changes with lp and targeted bid that did highest roi
Result was follow
Testing 4 lp with original only 1 beat the original gonna take these two and spin it around it bit more.
Visit : 1981
Click : 419
Conversion : 8
Spend$5.149
Earned$3.22
ROI-32.49%

Looking good, is this all the traffic that's available or are you able to get more if you remove daily budget?

@TrafficYoda, try any free tracker to analyze and optimize traffic. There are many Free trials on the market, so you do not have to take any financial risk. I can recommend you clickBakers but of course depends on your preferences. You can use it to segment incoming traffic or only for advance analytics.

@TrafficYoda, try any free tracker to analyze and optimize traffic. There are many Free trials on the market, so you do not have to take any financial risk. I can recommend you clickBakers but of course depends on your preferences. You can use it to segment incoming traffic or only for advance analytics.
AGAIN, I have a tracker adsbridge.

Looking good, is this all the traffic that's available or are you able to get more if you remove daily budget?
Okay so negative roi and its considered good :/ I guess it's all about optimization.
If I remove the daily budget and maybe tweek the view/hour I can get more.

I did the optimization process and got rid of -100% roi targets on os and browser and it killed a lot of the traffic like now it's doing less than 1000
Is this normal?

Okay so negative roi and its considered good :/ I guess it's all about optimization.
If I remove the daily budget and maybe tweek the view/hour I can get more.

I did the optimization process and got rid of -100% roi targets on os and browser and it killed a lot of the traffic like now it's doing less than 1000
Is this normal?

-32% ROI is considered good without doing any optimization!

Try making 5 different ads for your landing page, switch things out, split test text, color, CTA, there's a lot you can do before you have to reduce the traffic so much.

@TrafficYoda As others have stated, optimization and data are extremely important in this industry. Especially with pop-up traffic. The biggest problem with this type of offer is that it relies almost exclusively on paid traffic. You're not going to be expecting to get random viewers to your page without paying.

Paid traffic is great, but paid traffic campaigns are extremely reliant on big data and optimization. This means you need to carry out lots of trials, and trials with significant sample sizes (so at least ~$20 per trial), so this is more difficult with smaller budgets. Additionally, it's really important to know what's already working. Make sure you look at the offer you're promoting, check out who's making the most money, check out their landing page, and check where their traffic is coming from. Tools like adplexity (as previously mentioned) are fantastic for this, but given that you have a low budget and adplexity costs >$99/month, you probably need alternatives. There was a good guide on the simple way to do this here:
Here's Exactly How I Start ALL My Profitable Campaigns | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

You wont get as much information, but it's still important to note. However, I think one of the greater arcing issues is that you may want to stray away from campaigns that are entirely reliant on paid traffic when you have such a limited budget. If you have more time to invest than money, you can create a campaign that is partially based on paid traffic and partially based on free traffic, and if you optimize it properly, paid traffic can eventually turn into future free traffic. So pop-up campaigns wouldn't be good for this kind of thing, because in order to get free traffic, you need content that people want, and not just a scare tactic saying "your device is infected" (just making assumptions since this is very common and successful in the antivirus niche) This means creating a blog or niche site promoting the product you want to promote, as well as additional valuable content. Once you've got your content, you need to promote it via free means, such as social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc). Keep posting to all your social media, and look deeper into SEO, back links, and keywords to try and get your page(s) to rank on google.

At the same time, I don't want to say what you're doing can't work, because IT CAN! One of the important strategies in affiliate marketing is to specialize in a specific niche/vertical/offer so that you can apply all your testing and data for the most optimization possible, and truth be told, there's really not much more to it than that. Optimization can be complicated though, so make sure you consider all possible optimizations, especially the most important ones. If you've already started and invested in testing, you may want to continue the path you're already on, but if you get frustrated, you may consider moving your future campaign(s) at least somewhat towards free traffic.

Once again, just a disclaimer, I'm very new myself, I'm just relaying what I've learned through my research thus far, so you probably have more experience than me, but hopefully a different perspective can help you figure out your plan. Personally, there are two major campaigns I plan to promote once I get started (hopefully within the next week), one that is driven mostly or entirely by free traffic, and the other that is based almost entirely on paid traffic. Ultimately in the end, paid traffic will be the best way to go for bigger earnings, but you need a way to get there, and reliable income built through free traffic (which costs TIME not MONEY, so in a sense isn't free) will give you a reliable way to experiment with paid traffic.

Hope this helps!

@Delyte Thank you for the thoughtful long thread you have posted. I get what you are saying that is why I am doing IG as well, which is doing decent earnings not big yet, still testing and optimizing as I scale. which only did few investment and I make more than monthly investment so it also make my testing budget ;)

Question: True of False?
Significant test for landing page it's X10 of the offer payout?

While comparing to the offer payout is probably a fairly useful metric, the most important metric is probably the conversion rate, which is related to the offer payout since higher payouts usually have lower conversion rates. In statistics, the smallest sample size that can prove statistical significance is n = 30. Which means, in my opinion, the cheapest test of reliable significance is the one that gives 30 leads, or ideally 30 acquisitions/actions/conversions, but even just 30 people contemplating the offer can give lend some significance to the efficacy of the landing page. To quote K in his introduction to Affiliate Marketing, spending $20 on 4 tests is better than spending $1 on 80 tests.

Someone with more experience can probably give a more exact answer.

Morning people, I am for sure learning a lot of things from this thread. Conversion I must say that is is a factor that disturbs lots of us. We therefore need to master it well so as to make sure that the deal we get into are well informed. I will keep up following te thread for the greater insights. To those who have shared thanks so much.

Hey guys - thought I'd chip in here.

I've read the whole thing and it is clear to me where the problem is. You can't see the forest for the trees ... as in you are so focused on this product that you might not see it isn't worthwhile pouring money into it. You are actually doing ALL the right optimisation strategies and everyone who is helping is correct as well ... but the numbers just don't make sense at this stage.

There's a saying in affiliate marketing: don't flog a dead horse, and I think you may have given your horse some hammering already :)

As a general rule of thumb, I wouldn't promote anything that pays LESS than $20 dollar per lead, period. Not per sale, per lead, application or form submit without the user needing to enter a credit card. Why? Because it's the same amount of work to promote a high end product than a low end product ... but the margins are better and you just won't get rich promoting low end zip submits or CPA offers.

You have dedication and drive which is perfect, you just need to apply all your effort into better products and I think you may crack this nut very swiftly. Tip: Look into property, law cases, finance, claims, quotes, etc. This is where the high end products generally are and you get paid for each potential customer referral. Much easier and a lot more lucrative.

Hope that helps ;)

Nick

I've read the whole thing and it is clear to me where the problem is. You can't see the forest for the trees ... as in you are so focused on this product that you might not see it isn't worthwhile pouring money into it. You are actually doing ALL the right optimisation strategies and everyone who is helping is correct as well ... but the numbers just don't make sense at this stage.

There's a saying in affiliate marketing: don't flog a dead horse, and I think you may have given your horse some hammering already :)

As a general rule of thumb, I wouldn't promote anything that pays LESS than $20 dollar per lead, period. Not per sale, per lead, application or form submit without the user needing to enter a credit card. Why? Because it's the same amount of work to promote a high end product than a low end product ... but the margins are better and you just won't get rich promoting low end zip submits or CPA offers.

You have dedication and drive which is perfect, you just need to apply all your effort into better products and I think you may crack this nut very swiftly. Tip: Look into property, law cases, finance, claims, quotes, etc. This is where the high end products generally are and you get paid for each potential customer referral. Much easier and a lot more lucrative.

Hope that helps ;)

Nick
Thanks for the reply
Yeah I should have dump this offer long time ago.
Actually this campaign turned green the moment I changed the offer and some other landing page
So all in all i learned a lot and also need to learn to how to calculate before hand before test to know if it's worth the cost

Hope that helps ;)

Nick

Just one more thing Could you also answer this thread for me?
I am having trouble if it's something worth to try or not
Scaling Campaign..Stop or Go? | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

OK, I looked through your numbers and did some crunching:

iGwXabY.png
iGwXabY.png

On the left hand side I did some number crunching - reverse engineering your numbers to calculate the revenue per conversion, etc.

On the right hand side, you can change the numbers to simulate what happens.

Now, I don't think you'll have a lot of luck changing cost per click, this is actually quite low.
Your CTR is also quite nice - maybe too nice.

Your conversion ratio is what you need to improve to have fun.

What can you do:
- Add "trust signals" such as logos and customer voices.
- Add more specific Calls to Action
- Change the layout / colors so that YOUR page resembles the landing page of the service the people land on. Make it as seamless as possible.

Other thoughts:
We can see that iOS seems to be a bust .. you need to have a CTR of 10% or more to break even.
There is also very few clicks on the ad overall, and the CPC is 3 times as much as Android.

Given those numbers I would focus the campaign completely on Android and try everything (change of design / ad text / change / day parting) to capture that audience.

Also review your ad text - are you promising something that your site does not deliver?

Review your page on an Android phone - Does it work? Does it work well?

Best,
emergentdragon

As I'm a numbers man and doing mobile subscription campaigns for many years here a my 2 cents,

Always separate wifi from 3g/4g traffic, also proxy traffic (opera mini etc..) usually under performs.

Segment Android traffic in OS version, you will be amazed by difference in conversion on Kit Kat compared to Lollipop on certain offers.

Cheers,
Nemo

To expand on that huge excel file...

I think there are numbers in there that you need to know. (And that are easy to calculate)

Your average cost per click - Spend / clicks
Your conversion rate - Conversions/clicks
Your cost per conversion - spend / conversions
Your profit per conversion - Earning per conversion - cost per conversion

If the profit per conversion is negative, scaling a campaign will LOSE you more money, faster.

What do?

Optimize all the things!

Conversion rate is key. Try to raise it.

Look at day parting - For each day in the week, collect those numbers.
So profit per conversion is bad on weekends? Pause that campaign on weekends - profit

Look at time of day
People click like crazy in the mornings, but only convert in the evenings?
That campaign is only active in the evening (very often in dating)

Short example

My fictional campaign costs me $.2 per click
I have a conversion rate of average 10% (yay me)
this means each conversion costs me 2$!!
My payout is $1.5 - meaning I am losing $.50 each conversion!

not good
Each week I have 1000 clicks, 100 conversions (-50$ each week!!)

So I look at the days of the week and find out that Mondays and Fridays convert at 15%, the rest of the week is less than 10%
(Deceiving number, that average, isn't it)

So I pause it during the week.

Now I get only 200 clicks, but 30 conversions.

Cost
200*.2 = 40$

Revenue
30*1.5 = 45$

Profit
45-40 = 5$

Tadaaa! I have gone from a campaign losing 50$ per week to a profit of 5$ a week.
Time to scale that beast!
::emp::

OK, I looked through your numbers and did some crunching:

iGwXabY.png
iGwXabY.png

On the left hand side I did some number crunching - reverse engineering your numbers to calculate the revenue per conversion, etc.

On the right hand side, you can change the numbers to simulate what happens.

Now, I don't think you'll have a lot of luck changing cost per click, this is actually quite low.
Your CTR is also quite nice - maybe too nice.

Your conversion ratio is what you need to improve to have fun.

What can you do:
- Add "trust signals" such as logos and customer voices.
- Add more specific Calls to Action
- Change the layout / colors so that YOUR page resembles the landing page of the service the people land on. Make it as seamless as possible.

Other thoughts:
We can see that iOS seems to be a bust .. you need to have a CTR of 10% or more to break even.
There is also very few clicks on the ad overall, and the CPC is 3 times as much as Android.

Given those numbers I would focus the campaign completely on Android and try everything (change of design / ad text / change / day parting) to capture that audience.

Also review your ad text - are you promising something that your site does not deliver?

Review your page on an Android phone - Does it work? Does it work well?

Best,
emergentdragon
OMG
This is so detailed and so cool!!!
I might try to create my own excel calculation. If it is possible can you giveyour excel calculation file?? if not no problem I'll try to make one myself ;)

It's quiet interesting how you took the data and pin out the points
Yes I did realize the CTR is quiet high and good got me to thinking is it bots? But so far I haven't detected any boots just back targets that send mixture. So I am blacklisting them

You are right about CR the CR is low so it is kinda hard to big higher for higher traffic the CR is not high enough to scale.

It been awhile since I have started this campagin I decided to compare the data and your anaylist it could also benefit you.

1. Yes it does turned out that iphone never broke even, -60% while android made revenue :) did up to +70%
2. I did change the landing page to a more trustworthy theme, that was the pointwhen the campagin truned green but not high enough still. Fixing the flow with a BETTER offer also helped it turned green.
But cr is still not high enough for higher bid. Working on that with landing page variation.

This campagin was focused on battling for better CR learned a lot with this campagin better broke even and made a bit revenu :)

MI
Back