The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

What am I doing wrong? What's the next step

TrafficYoda

Guys I have been doing the following plan (mentioned below) for 4 countries but couldn't get something to convert! tell me what I am doing wrong here.

Reminder: I need a working method for tight budget campaigns. Yes there is a difference, large budget campaigns you can test every single offer on network I personally can't and yet I need to quickly milk campaigns before it burns out.

Currently focusing on antivirus niche as popups
This is the plan I have been doing
1. ask AM for the top offers on network choose the top countries
2. hunt around free movies website, torrent sites for landing pages or niches that seems to be working. (I can't afford a spy tool yet) scrap lp that looks good/appear most often
3. edit the landing page
4. pick top 4 landing page and top offers usually around 3~4 offers to test
5. since low budget I test around $20 for each countries biding high going to low
(if it doesn't convert at least 1 I don't test more)
6. Find the top landing page and offer
7. optimize target from device -> browser -> target(website)
8. add more variation to the lp and add more offer if I can find some (I don't have a lot of networks because I can not afford to tie up earnings to networks waiting to reach the threshold)

Tell me what I am doing wrong? Is there a flaw in my plan?

Here's some of the stats of the 4 countries I have tested
Country 1 : 1109 visit 236 clicks no conversions, spent $20
Country 2 : 550 visit17 clicks no conversions
**Country 2 had way to low traffic to test more I was top bidder only 500 visits without any optimization on traffic.**
Country 3 : 16878 visit 4775 clicks 58 conversions but spent 59$ and only made 19.43$
**Country 3 edited biddings but the highest roi I got was -30%**
Country 4 : 1386 visit 353 clicks 1 conversions Spent $18 only made 0.8

Country 3 : 16878 visit 4775 clicks 58 conversions but spent 59$ and only made 19.43$
**Country 3 edited biddings but the highest roi I got was -30%**

I believe this is the time you stop gathering data per countries and get down to optimizing the country you are getting more conversions.

I see that country 3 is good. Not, use the data you gathered and optimize with it. You will make it profitable in no time.

@EymardSiojo
Optimize Okay I will test on with country 3
The problem is that
All my landing page is doing below -50%
Which is this one
Top landing page
Visit 10230
Clicks 3034
Conversions 48
Spend 40$ and gained $16.14
Do you think its time to change landing page?

Also how do you optimize your campaigns?
I am not sure if I am doing it correctly

@EymardSiojo
The problem is that
Which is this one
Top landing page
Visit 10230
Clicks 3034
Conversions 48

Do you have a tracker installed? What tracker are you using?
What network are you using?

Your landing page is doing good, but need improvement.
Make some slight change with it, but don't change it overall because you start all over again.
Hmm? I believe you don't know how to optimize yet.

Wait. I summon @tjtutor @Marc @azgold @k .

@EymardSiojo
The problem is that
Which is this one
Top landing page
Visit 10230
Clicks 3034
Conversions 48

Campaign 3 definitely has potential.

What you can optimize:

Landing page variations: Your ripped lander has probably been seen numerous times before, make slight changes (image, headline, font, colors, etc) and split test them over the day, as @EymardSiojo said, don't make too drastic changes.

Placements: See which placements are performing, ban those that are not performing (blacklisting)

OS: If you're targeting multiple OS, see in your tracker which OS is doing best.

Connection: WIFI vs Carrier traffic.

Day parting: See which hours of the day are profitable, cut those that aren't (make sure you've got enough data for this, I like to have 2 weeks of data before I feel secure doing this, but if you see a clear pattern on a day-2-day basis, go ahead and do it earlier).

@TrafficYoda - good to see you still going at it.

You can track for free using Google Analytics, if you are hosting your landing pages. Otherwise, most of the trackers in our Resources section have free accounts or free trials.

This section may help you: Testing, Optimization and Scaling | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Have you tried different wording, CTA, colours or picture yet for test variations? Only change one thing at a time, so you know what's working/not working.

Wow, I came back after doing other stuff! Great information here :
Thank you @azgold, @comegetbravo, @Marc, @EymardSiojo for your post!

Do you have a tracker installed? What tracker are you using?
What network are you using?

Your landing page is doing good, but need improvement.
Make some slight change with it, but don't change it overall because you start all over again.
Hmm? I believe you don't know how to optimize yet.

Wait. I summon @tjtutor @Marc @azgold @k .

I use adsbridge as tracker, traffic network is still popads targetting mobile will scale to desktop once I get this working and offer network is clickdealer and mundomedia.

I'll make variation to the landing page.

What you can optimize:

Landing page variations: Your ripped lander has probably been seen numerous times before, make slight changes (image, headline, font, colors, etc) and split test them over the day, as @EymardSiojo said, don't make too drastic changes.

Placements: See which placements are performing, ban those that are not performing (blacklisting)

OS: If you're targeting multiple OS, see in your tracker which OS is doing best.

Connection: WIFI vs Carrier traffic.

Day parting: See which hours of the day are profitable, cut those that aren't (make sure you've got enough data for this, I like to have 2 weeks of data before I feel secure doing this, but if you see a clear pattern on a day-2-day basis, go ahead and do it earlier).

Thank you so much!
Right now since I am doing pin submit, carrier traffic is the one that works,
There is two os in the country I am targetting
Android and IOS (obviously lol)
Android
Visit: 15090
Clicks 4245
Conversions 52
Spend $55
Earned 17.42
-68.35%

Windows phone
Visit: 896
clicks 287
conversion 5
spend $2
Earned $1.6
ROI : -20%

IOS
Visit 259
Clicks 25
Conversion 1
Spend 0.76$
Earned : 0.32

So most traffic is from Android but it's also doing the worst. So I don't know if I should be getting rid of this traffic :/ I might end up losing a lot of traffic.

I'll made variations to the top lp and also see what time does best hope I could see a pattern here.

Sorry had to divide my reply

Sorry, I've overlooked :(

But should yet be on the wish list!
Already is my wishlist!

I think the first two will still be helpful.

I use SimilarWeb a lot for desktop. It shows where a site is advertising, where users come from and go to, Alexa, geos, audience, similar sites, social, apps
SimilarWeb
BuzzSumo.com
I will look into it right now

I always like to use a spytool and thats what I recommend most when trying out, some of these tools offer 7days trial for $1 which you can take advantage of to get started...... getting the right landing page and traffic source and other variations to test out with can be a life saver most times.

I always like to use a spytool and thats what I recommend most when trying out, some of these tools offer 7days trial for $1 which you can take advantage of to get started...... getting the right landing page and traffic source and other variations to test out with can be a life saver most times.
Do you know good spytool that has such trials?

Placements I believe you blacklist X2 of the offer payout that has lower than -80% roi That's how I blacklist is this correct? Or is this also wrong?

Day parting, It seems like the conversion happens from 00~22 oclock! LOL Haven't found a strong pattern yet on the time.

Sorry for the 25 minutes delay o_O [Anyway, thx for the call out, @EymardSiojo ;)]

That has a reason: I'm currently blowin' away (!!) by K's new review about AdPlexity.

AdPlexity is a real wowzer, checked it out here, may be it would be the right help for you too, @TrafficYoda:

I came back just to say this. HOLY mother. If this thing is real, you betcha will make money.
You just need some budget and do it. Done for you.

Will consider this in the future.

I am making an assumption that it is the first time you are running this campaighn. If so, you need not to be that much worried. It is always shaky when starting on a new thing. I am so sure that with time, the results will be good and you will enjoy every bit. However, be sure that you tested the method and the conversions have no issues. At times we have problems with the conversion and thus you may have all the impressions, clicks but no revenue at all.

I'm willing to bet that a significant percentage of your traffic are bots. There's nothing preventing from redirecting it and selling it to people who want to buy it. *cough* *cough* shady solo ad sellers *cough* *cough*. Just figure out how to segregate real people vs. bots and you'll start out with a positive ROI from the gate every time.

MI
Back