The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What am I doing wrong? What's the next step

As I'm a numbers man and doing mobile subscription campaigns for many years here a my 2 cents,

Always separate wifi from 3g/4g traffic, also proxy traffic (opera mini etc..) usually under performs.

Segment Android traffic in OS version, you will be amazed by difference in conversion on Kit Kat compared to Lollipop on certain offers.

Cheers,
Nemo
Yeah well it was pin submit so I didn't need to test out wifi, I know it wouldn't break even,
Proxy traffic I need to blacklist these with data
Oper mini does under performs

I took your advice took a loo on os version there are many that does -100% and have been draining bit of cash
thanks for the tip

To expand on that huge excel file...

I think there are numbers in there that you need to know. (And that are easy to calculate)

Your average cost per click - Spend / clicks
Your conversion rate - Conversions/clicks
Your cost per conversion - spend / conversions
Your profit per conversion - Earning per conversion - cost per conversion

If the profit per conversion is negative, scaling a campaign will LOSE you more money, faster.

What do?

Optimize all the things!

Conversion rate is key. Try to raise it.

Look at day parting - For each day in the week, collect those numbers.
So profit per conversion is bad on weekends? Pause that campaign on weekends - profit

Look at time of day
People click like crazy in the mornings, but only convert in the evenings?
That campaign is only active in the evening (very often in dating)

Short example

My fictional campaign costs me $.2 per click
I have a conversion rate of average 10% (yay me)
this means each conversion costs me 2$!!
My payout is $1.5 - meaning I am losing $.50 each conversion!

not good
Each week I have 1000 clicks, 100 conversions (-50$ each week!!)

So I look at the days of the week and find out that Mondays and Fridays convert at 15%, the rest of the week is less than 10%
(Deceiving number, that average, isn't it)

So I pause it during the week.

Now I get only 200 clicks, but 30 conversions.

Cost
200*.2 = 40$

Revenue
30*1.5 = 45$

Profit
45-40 = 5$

Tadaaa! I have gone from a campaign losing 50$ per week to a profit of 5$ a week.
Time to scale that beast!
::emp::

I took a look at time conversions and I took out bad hours and only testing with good hours did cut a bit of traffic but it's better to spend less and make more than spending too much and making less.

Wow, great example you really know your way with numbers. I wasn'ta good student in math but I am learning:)

I guess emergentdragon can't yet send links ( below 10 posts) and neither can I.

I took out bad hours and only testing with good hours did cut a bit of traffic but it's better to spend less and make more than spending too much and making less.

YES! This is exactly what I tried to drill home with that post.
MORE traffic only makes sense if you make money per click.
If you are losing money each click it just means you are digging a deeper hole, faster.

Don't be intimidated by the math.
In business, all you need is plus, minus, multiply and divide.

Your most horrible task will be calculating an average.

(And Excel can do all that)

Yes I did realize the CTR is quiet high and good got me to thinking is it bots? But so far I haven't detected any boots just back targets that send mixture. So I am blacklisting them

No need to look for bots.

Such a high CTR and low conversion rate normally means you made a VERY broadly attractive ad with no relevance.

One example would be an ad featuring a busty girl in a bikini "Find out my secret" and then linking to a home insurance offer.

LOADS of people will be clicking, but very few will convert.

What you need to look at is fit.

1. Fit the keyword to offer.
  2. Fit the ad to your target group.
  3. Fit your landing page to the ad and target group.
  4. Fit your landing page to the offer page.

Well.. yeah, don't bind on home insurance if you are selling life insurance.

If your offer will convert with 40+ year old housewives, don't write an ad teenage boy gamers will click. There was a really nice matrix on wickedfire YEARS back that I still use... will try to find.

If your ad is for home insurance and your target group is home owners 40+, try to make the page appealing to them.

4. Fit the landing page to the offer page.
So people search for your keyword, land on your page that seems trsutworthy and knowledgeable enough to convince them to buy, then they click on the offer ... and everything is different!

Try to make the experience as seamless as possible. If the offer page is white with green buttons, so will your page be.

Hope that helps.

No need to look for bots.

Such a high CTR and low conversion rate normally means you made a VERY broadly attractive ad with no relevance.

One example would be an ad featuring a busty girl in a bikini "Find out my secret" and then linking to a home insurance offer.

LOADS of people will be clicking, but very few will convert.

What you need to look at is fit.

4. Fit your landing page to the offer page.

Well.. yeah, don't bind on home insurance if you are selling life insurance.

If your offer will convert with 40+ year old housewives, don't write an ad teenage boy gamers will click. There was a really nice matrix on wickedfire YEARS back that I still use... will try to find.

If your ad is for home insurance and your target group is home owners 40+, try to make the page appealing to them.

4. Fit the landing page to the offer page.
So people search for your keyword, land on your page that seems trsutworthy and knowledgeable enough to convince them to buy, then they click on the offer ... and everything is different!

Try to make the experience as seamless as possible. If the offer page is white with green buttons, so will your page be.

Hope that helps.

This is a wonderful advice!
It might be that many are convinced by the landing page because I took anther trust worthy brand but when they click on offer it's no where close to the brand. I will take a look what I can make it more connectable.

I am editing my answer.
After thinking about your thread over and over again, it really brighten up new ideas in my head.
obviously it means that I have good angle, people are clicking it, but something is pissing them off in the middle, (low cr)

Either I should be giving bit more flow in the angle
Or add bit of the angle meaning into the landing page and bit of the ctr

I was running out of things to test but Thanks for your advice a lot of ideas pop into my head :)

Last edited:
I'm glad you're using AdsBridge! :) Message me if you have any Adsbridge questions.
-Zach

banners
Back