The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Startup Guy; AM Newbie >> Looking for mentors

Nomad Hustle

affiliate
Hey everyone,

My name is Rich a.k.a Nomad Hustle. I'm an entrepreneur from London, UK. I previously set up and launched a B2B company in education from my bedroom in the UK with clients in China - this grew to a team of 7 in a cute office in central London. Disclaimer: Owning a company sounds like a dream but when we began hiring employees it became more like a job :(. I relaunched the company with remote staff - this is now mainly a passive income stream (my aim is to make money whilst I travel, sleep, s£$! yeah you get the idea).

If anyone with some AM experience is willing to share some knowledge them my PM's are gladly open or if you just want to say hi, then that's cool too! ;)

I've been promoting affiliate / CPA offers for over 16 years.

However, I do it quite differently than most.

I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers. This is because there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a form, so conversion rates are typically much higher compared to offers that require a sale to be made.

I favor offers that have a make, get or save money benefit to them, as they have overall worked the best. They also tend to have the greatest mass appeal (will be of interest to a large general audience), so the potential exists to produce high volume and they are fairly easy to cross promote on the back-end.

Some of the verticals (niches) I have done extremely well with are: education, insurance, loans, debt, credit, mortgage, assistance, discount offers, homeowner offers, etc...

The bulk of the offers that I promote pay $20-$40 per lead, but I also promote offers that pay more and less. You don't want to get caught up solely on what an offer pays because how well it converts is just as important. For example, if you have an offer that pays $9, but if it converts at 2X or more of a $20 offer, then it will perform about the same and possibly better. At the same time, if you have an offer that pays $90 and it converts poorly, it may not even be worth promoting.

Bottom line: it's far easier to get someone fill out a short form than to get them to pull out their credit card and make a purchase. So why struggle with trying to sell this or that, when you can provide free information that users want/need and get paid well doing it.

I drive traffic by acquiring 3rd party email data, which is data that the users have shown an interest in a specific vertical(niche) and have given permission to receive messages from third parties. You get the opt-in record for every user and it's 100% can-spam compliant.

By acquiring data, I'm building assets that I then own and can market to over and over at very low cost. So I control and can drive traffic on-demand to the offers I'm promoting. Which is key to CPA / affiliate marketing success.

However, 3rd party data will rarely be as responsive as a high-quality opt-in list you build yourself. But it really doesn't matter because it is much cheaper and highly scalable compared to convention list building.

So the initial data that is acquired isn't the most import part of the process. The real key to making it work is to always be collecting your opens / clickers, segmenting, and removing unresponsive users. That way over time you are building smaller, but more responsive lists that you should eventually be able to send less and make more with each mailing. Essentially you are converting the data from quantity to quality.

In the end, I have consistently been able to produce leads / clicks at a fraction of the price of mainstream list building / marketing. Which is why so many fail...they can't generate cost effective traffic.

Important note: 3rd party data combined with PPL offers (no purchase required) the long-term profit potential is significantly larger than just promoting offers that require a sale to be made. Which I also do, but very limited on the back-end.

Basically, I monetize the data using PPL offers because they offer the path of least resistance to generating conversions and converting the data into cash producing assets.

Obviously, there is far more to it, but done right it can be extremely profitable. Everyone that I know that is in the business and knows what they are doing, for the most part, does 6-7 figures. While that's a huge range, much comes down to one's ability to scale and effectively build / manage the infrastructure needed to scale.

Something to think about.

Hi Rich, welcome to AffiliateFix!

Kudos to you to be willing to restructure your business to accommodate the kind of lifestyle you want. Not everyone would be brave enough to do that, especially if things are going well, as is.

Re having a mentor, this forum is your mentor. The copious amounts of guides, tutorials, case studies and other helpful information provides all you need from a study point of view. The rest you'll discover hands-on. And if you do a follow along journey while running a campaign, members will help you each step of the way. We got your back! It's what we do here in the AFix family. :)

If you have something specific you'd like to find, just use that magnifying glass on the upper right of any forum page to do a search.

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Rich!

I've been promoting affiliate / CPA offers for over 16 years.

However, I do it quite differently than most.

I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers. This is because there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a form, so conversion rates are typically much higher compared to offers that require a sale to be made.

I favor offers that have a make, get or save money benefit to them, as they have overall worked the best. They also tend to have the greatest mass appeal (will be of interest to a large general audience), so the potential exists to produce high volume and they are fairly easy to cross promote on the back-end.

Some of the verticals (niches) I have done extremely well with are: education, insurance, loans, debt, credit, mortgage, assistance, discount offers, homeowner offers, etc...

The bulk of the offers that I promote pay $20-$40 per lead, but I also promote offers that pay more and less. You don't want to get caught up solely on what an offer pays because how well it converts is just as important. For example, if you have an offer that pays $9, but if it converts at 2X or more of a $20 offer, then it will perform about the same and possibly better. At the same time, if you have an offer that pays $90 and it converts poorly, it may not even be worth promoting.

Bottom line: it's far easier to get someone fill out a short form than to get them to pull out their credit card and make a purchase. So why struggle with trying to sell this or that, when you can provide free information that users want/need and get paid well doing it.

I drive traffic by acquiring 3rd party email data, which is data that the users have shown an interest in a specific vertical(niche) and have given permission to receive messages from third parties. You get the opt-in record for every user and it's 100% can-spam compliant.

By acquiring data, I'm building assets that I then own and can market to over and over at very low cost. So I control and can drive traffic on-demand to the offers I'm promoting. Which is key to CPA / affiliate marketing success.

However, 3rd party data will rarely be as responsive as a high-quality opt-in list you build yourself. But it really doesn't matter because it is much cheaper and highly scalable compared to convention list building.

So the initial data that is acquired isn't the most import part of the process. The real key to making it work is to always be collecting your opens / clickers, segmenting, and removing unresponsive users. That way over time you are building smaller, but more responsive lists that you should eventually be able to send less and make more with each mailing. Essentially you are converting the data from quantity to quality.

In the end, I have consistently been able to produce leads / clicks at a fraction of the price of mainstream list building / marketing. Which is why so many fail...they can't generate cost effective traffic.

Important note: 3rd party data combined with PPL offers (no purchase required) the long-term profit potential is significantly larger than just promoting offers that require a sale to be made. Which I also do, but very limited on the back-end.

Basically, I monetize the data using PPL offers because they offer the path of least resistance to generating conversions and converting the data into cash producing assets.

Obviously, there is far more to it, but done right it can be extremely profitable. Everyone that I know that is in the business and knows what they are doing, for the most part, does 6-7 figures. While that's a huge range, much comes down to one's ability to scale and effectively build / manage the infrastructure needed to scale.

Something to think about.

This is very helpful - thank you for such a detailed response.

I'm starting off in Nutra niche but my next area of focus will definitely be PPL offers or offers without payment requirements. Do you have a particular focus for web or mobile? Also, when you say 3rd party data - is this through Solo Ads? Feel free to PM me!!

Hi Rich, welcome to AffiliateFix!

Kudos to you to be willing to restructure your business to accommodate the kind of lifestyle you want. Not everyone would be brave enough to do that, especially if things are going well, as is.

Re having a mentor, this forum is your mentor. The copious amounts of guides, tutorials, case studies and other helpful information provides all you need from a study point of view. The rest you'll discover hands-on. And if you do a follow along journey while running a campaign, members will help you each step of the way. We got your back! It's what we do here in the AFix family. :)

If you have something specific you'd like to find, just use that magnifying glass on the upper right of any forum page to do a search.

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Rich!

Thanks for your response, much appreciated. ;)

I like the sound of that! I may do a follow along as I'm looking to launch my first PPC using Bing for my Maxbounty offers so keep your eyes open for a Nomad Hustle follow along. :D

keep your eyes open for a Nomad Hustle follow along

upload_2017-6-13_19-54-51.gif

Watching....

This is very helpful - thank you for such a detailed response.

I'm starting off in Nutra niche but my next area of focus will definitely be PPL offers or offers without payment requirements. Do you have a particular focus for web or mobile? Also, when you say 3rd party data - is this through Solo Ads? Feel free to PM me!!

Offers are being sent via email. So messages are sent using a responsive template to ensure they will display on a mobile device or desktop.

3rd party email data is the actual email record that the user submitted. Which can vary as to what info you receive. At a minimum, you would receive email,time stamp,IP,source URL. However, you may also receive other data depending what was provided by the user. Such as first name, last name, city, state, zip, etc, etc...

Hey everyone,

My name is Rich a.k.a Nomad Hustle. I'm an entrepreneur from London, UK. I previously set up and launched a B2B company in education from my bedroom in the UK with clients in China - this grew to a team of 7 in a cute office in central London. Disclaimer: Owning a company sounds like a dream but when we began hiring employees it became more like a job :(. I relaunched the company with remote staff - this is now mainly a passive income stream (my aim is to make money whilst I travel, sleep, s£$! yeah you get the idea).

If anyone with some AM experience is willing to share some knowledge them my PM's are gladly open or if you just want to say hi, then that's cool too! ;)
Hi Nomad Hustle! This is nice to see you here :)
Does your company have a website? And do I understand you right that a 'passive income stream' is currently going through an online business network stage?

Hey @Nomad Hustle, hope you've got the support you needed so far, mate! This forum is filled with people eager to offer their help.

If you're working with Nutra offers I can offer you my full support as your AM at BitterStrawberry. Our marketplace has ~16K direct offers and we're very strong on Nutra and by the end of this week we're actually launching our in-house Nutra offer too which is part of an upcoming line of health supplements developed in Germany (already has great success in pharmacies).

Ping me on Skype at live:lc_1560 and I'll help as much as I can. :D

MI
Back