The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Niches + Landing Pages?!

margo09

Hey Guys,

I hope you'all marketers are running some profitable campaigns.

Here I'm back, getting ready to start doing CPA using PPC (Bing Ads). but I have a few questions...

Could you guys please provide me with a list of all the possible niches available out there?

For Landing Pages, I have this vague question of how to set up one ( taking into consideration that I'm somehow illiterate when it comes to programming languages), I know some of you might suggest landing page generators, I'm fine with that, the only problem is how to link it to my domain. I tried this in the past and it was a complete failure.

For the domains, does the name has to match my offer or it's okey, if it's a must, is it okey if it's a long ass domain name, as the short ones are rare to find with reasonable price.

Thanks in advance

Would you guys please provide me with a list of all the possible niches available out there?

To list all of the possible niches out there is like counting the stars, too many to list. What you need to do is look at what offers are working at this moment. If you want to build campaigns based on a niche that you select, then you want to do content marketing (not recommended for a beginner). Since you are planning to do CPA with landing pages and paid traffic, you want to select the offers that are popular at this time and build your campaigns around them, regardless of their niche. However, as a beginner, stick with the niche the offers you choose are in until you master them as a beginner.

For Landing Pages, I have this vague question of how to set up one ( taking into consideration that I'm somehow illiterate when it comes to programming languages)

You do not require any programming skills to use a landing page generator. Their are an abundance of them out there. We have a few listed in our Resources area that are quite good. The forum owners have one that is called PageSource, a fine LP generator. We have another called PureLander which is owned and operated by one of our Moderators that is great.

I know some of you might suggest landing page generators, I'm fine with that, the only problem is how to link it to my domain. I tried this in the past and it was a complete failure.

Everything you need by way of support will be found within these landing page generators. Most any LP generator has the information and/or the support you require to add links, etc. There is a learning curve with anything you do. Software is no exception.

If you don't like doing it yourself with an LP generator, after giving it a go, then outsource it.

For the domains, does the name has to match my offer or it's okey, if it's a must, is it okey if it's a long ass domain name, as the short ones are rare to find with reasonable price.

It's always a good idea to have domains with names that are related to the niches you serve. This way they can always be used over and over in the future with other offers in the same niches and the names lend some credibility to the LP. Most of us keep an inventory of domains for this very reason. Longtail domain names are fine, just try to keep them under thirty characters if you can. As you say, the shorter the better. However, keep in mind that, unlike content sites which rely on easy identification and sometimes users typing in the domain name, LP's are generally getting users to the page without the need to type in a domain name because they are clicking through from an ad.

To list all of the possible niches out there is like counting the stars, too many to list. What you need to do is look at what offers are working at this moment. If you want to build campaigns based on a niche that you select, then you want to do content marketing (not recommended for a beginner). Since you are planning to do CPA with landing pages and paid traffic, you want to select the offers that are popular at this time and build your campaigns around them, regardless of their niche. However, as a beginner, stick with the niche the offers you choose are in until you master them as a beginner.

You do not require any programming skills to use a landing page generator. Their are an abundance of them out there. We have a few listed in our Resources area that are quite good. The forum owners have one that is called PageSource, a fine LP generator. We have another called PureLander which is owned and operated by one of our Moderators that is great.

Everything you need by way of support will be found within these landing page generators. Most any LP generator has the information and/or the support you require to add links, etc. There is a learning curve with anything you do. Software is no exception.

If you don't like doing it yourself with an LP generator, after giving it a go, then outsource it.

It's always a good idea to have domains with names that are related to the niches you serve. This way they can always be used over and over in the future with other offers in the same niches and the names lend some credibility to the LP. Most of us keep an inventory of domains for this very reason. Longtail domain names are fine, just try to keep them under thirty characters if you can. As you say, the shorter the better. However, keep in mind that, unlike content sites which rely on easy identification and sometimes users typing in the domain name, LP's are generally getting users to the page without the need to type in a domain name because they are clicking through from an ad.
A BIG thank you to you MR. TJ for all this valuable information. I will start my journey at the end of July, I might even start a thread about my journey as a beginner. However, it depends on the circumstances and availability.

Thanks again

EDIT: I was recently researching all the landing page generators. I found some providers such as Wix.com or Weebly.com. They're pretty much for websites but much cheaper. Would they work as Landing Page Generators as well?

We're killing it in Europe and Asia currently, though I would suggest you switch from Bing to Google as in the majority of target GEOs it will give you the maximum reach possible :) We have a few tricks up our sleeve to make it work in case you are interested in some black-hat offers

We're killing it in Europe and Asia currently, though I would suggest you switch from Bing to Google as in the majority of target GEOs it will give you the maximum reach possible :) We have a few tricks up our sleeve to make it work in case you are interested in some black-hat offers
Please share that trick sir.

A BIG thank you to you MR. TJ for all this valuable information. I will start my journey at the end of July, I might even start a thread about my journey as a beginner. However, it depends on the circumstances and availability.

Thanks again

EDIT: I was recently researching all the landing page generators. I found some providers such as Wix.com or Weebly.com. They're pretty much for websites but much cheaper. Would they work as Landing Page Generators as well?

No, they are not what you want. You need to generate HTML5 compliant pages that you upload to your own server. You do not want someone else hosting your landers. Get a VPS, learn to use CPanel and WHM. Learn to use a good landing page generator, or as an alternative, develop a relationship with someone on Freelancer, UpWork, etc., to build your pages for you. Do not use a service that hosts your pages, not ever! Your landers need to be on your server(s) or on a CDN.

You need to take the time to do things correctly, to learn to do as much as you can yourself. Once you understand how to do these things, then you are in a good position to build a team to do the small tasks like building landers. There is a learning curve to this business and it includes learning to use intuitive software's for your business. This is not difficult, it just takes time. Everyone's learning curve is different, everyone's absorption rate is different. Don't fall into the trap of comparing yourself to others in this business when it comes to your learning curve! This is a business, it isn't a casual hobby. You need to learn, we are all constantly learning, all of us, every day, no matter our level of skill or success. This is an ever changing industry and this requires daily skill building, daily research, daily testing, etc. It's the "job".

No, they are not what you want. You need to generate HTML5 compliant pages that you upload to your own server. You do not want someone else hosting your landers. Get a VPS, learn to use CPanel and WHM. Learn to use a good landing page generator, or as an alternative, develop a relationship with someone on Freelancer, UpWork, etc., to build your pages for you. Do not use a service that hosts your pages, not ever! Your landers need to be on your server(s) or on a CDN.

You need to take the time to do things correctly, to learn to do as much as you can yourself. Once you understand how to do these things, then you are in a good position to build a team to do the small tasks like building landers. There is a learning curve to this business and it includes learning to use intuitive software's for your business. This is not difficult, it just takes time. Everyone's learning curve is different, everyone's absorption rate is different. Don't fall into the trap of comparing yourself to others in this business when it comes to your learning curve! This is a business, it isn't a casual hobby. You need to learn, we are all constantly learning, all of us, every day, no matter our level of skill or success. This is an ever changing industry and this requires daily skill building, daily research, daily testing, etc. It's the "job".

Hello sir can we host landing pages on shared hosting?

I see, I understand that VPS is to speed up the loading page for traffic and I used Cpanel in the past. But I have a simple question ( it might be a dump one tho). I have seen some marketers just downloading the landing's page code source and then uploading it to their server. Wouldn't this method work on Weebly for example. Once the page is established you just download the code source and simply upload it.

Hello sir can we host landing pages on shared hosting?

Never use shared hosting in our business. Not ever! Use a VPS, a CDN (or a combination of VPS & CDN), or dedicated servers. A basic VPS plan with CPAnel and WHM runs about $30 U.S. per month. A very inexpensive investment.

I see, I understand that VPS is to speed up the loading page for traffic and I used Cpanel in the past. But I have a simple question ( it might be a dump one tho). I have seen some marketers just downloading the landing's page code source and then uploading it to their server. Wouldn't this method work on Weebly for example. Once the page is established you just download the code source and simply upload it.

NO NO NO, run Will Robinson, RUN! Do not ever just copy and upload to your server. Do not ever use a service like Weebly.

Look, here is what you do when you rip a lander. You either use a landing page software to alter it and make it a little different so you are not directly ripping off a competitor, or you give it to an outsourcer to clean up the code, insert your links, and give you several versions of it to test. I outsource all of my ripped landers. Remember, when testing campaigns, you want to test several versions of your ads, your copy, your landers, etc.

NO NO NO, run Will Robinson, RUN! Do not ever just copy and upload to your server. Do not ever use a service like Weebly.

Look, here is what you do when you rip a lander. You either use a landing page software to alter it and make it a little different so you are not directly ripping off a competitor, or you give it to an outsourcer to clean up the code, insert your links, and give you several versions of it to test. I outsource all of my ripped landers. Remember, when testing campaigns, you want to test several versions of your ads, your copy, your landers, etc.
So it's outsourcing. I see your point. I'm looking for the most effecient and cheapest way to outsource whether someone on Fiverr or a landing page generator. I'll go into a deep research phase and see what I can pull off.

Again, thanks a lot for the valuable information.

MI
Back