The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

collecting email addresses on landing pages

Hello my lovely Yodas :) (you know I say that lovingly right? :)
I need your advice once more... for now.

I would like to build my own OPT-IN email list and I do know that it will take a significant amount of time. My question is...
Should I post an email request as a "Contact Us" and if so, do I need to include a tick box to allow for "permission to email
updates and future offers". Looks like this:

1698357483807.png

As always, I appreaciate your advice... AND I follow it. That's why I keep coming back! :)

{x} the box is probably binding --the a TOS or contract agreement is ... I give or is given
or I want ___ more explicit. If the submit won't work until that box is checked.
Not to be construed as a legal opinion. Don't prefill the 'X' that would defeat the intent and action.

Thanks Graybeard. I knew I could count on your advice. So... make sure the submit button doesn't work unless the box has been checked by the client and I should be good to go.

Standard internet mantra is a double opt-in requirement; this seems to be to get a second reply to a confirm email.
that is what you usually see however that is policy and not the law in the US anyway ...

(1) AFFIRMATIVE CONSENT.—The term ‘‘affirmative con-
sent’’, when used with respect to a commercial electronic mail
message, means that—

(A) the recipient expressly consented to receive the
message, either in response to a clear and conspicuous
request for such consent or at the recipient’s own initiative;
and

again: not legal advice.

Attachments

• can-spam-act.txt
    68.8 KB · Views: 14
You're so funny, Graybeard; CTT-cover thy toushie. LOL
I think we can have it programmed so that when the submit button is pushed (after the box is ticked, of course) an email will automatically go out with something along the lines of "please confirm your consent to receive emails from us."

Also, on the note of Opt-in emails... I know you can purchase lists of opt-in addresses. I have read (and frankly agree) that these people have, in fact, opted in... somewhere, but not in MY list. So really, they can't be considered truly opt-in. That makes sense, right. So I'll just have to do it very slowly, on my own.

You can buy solo ads and ads on other email 'newsletters' to find users that actually read promotional emails. That can speed up the process

Don't prefill the 'X' that would defeat the intent and action.

It's actually a federal violation since about 10 years ago to pre-check a box for acknowledging any opt-ins and/or terms. Pre-ticked checkboxes are not compliant and do not represent consent or acknowledgement.

You can buy solo ads and ads on other email 'newsletters' to find users that actually read promotional emails.

Especially when you have your own product to promote, or are a rep for a significant affiliate program. You can also cross pollinate your own lists when the content and the lists share enough in common. Just remember to check with the promotional policies of the affiliate program as some do not permit it.

Hello my lovely Yodas :) (you know I say that lovingly right? :)
I need your advice once more... for now.

I would like to build my own OPT-IN email list and I do know that it will take a significant amount of time. My question is...
Should I post an email request as a "Contact Us" and if so, do I need to include a tick box to allow for "permission to email
updates and future offers". Looks like this:

View attachment 33214

As always, I appreaciate your advice... AND I follow it. That's why I keep coming back! :)
Let's say you have a blog, or a website where your customers visit. You can use Poptin to create a pop up that will ask them to opt in for whatever you think they might be interested in.

MI
Back