The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Landing Pages

Oh, my wise ones :). Here is my next dilemma. I have and professional advertiser writing my ads for me. He's doing a great job as I see from the clicks he's getting from the ad to the landing page. However... Zero clicks from the landing page to the seller page. That tells me that (pardon the expression) my landing page sucks. :(

Does anyone know of a person or company that TRULY design a high-conversion landing page? Either design or consult. I don't have time to waste with trial and error. I need to make money 6 months ago. My situation is getting desperate. I know this can work.

They all tell me they can definitely design a high-conversion landing page and are well familiar with affiliate marketing. Then they start working and it's clear they are just beginning and don't have the expertise I'm looking for.

Thoughts?

If I am selling $75,000 automobiles or $10 items from a web ad --the construction of the bridge or landing page would show a big difference in my approach, look and qualifying funnels within the pages.

I can count click-thrus from my pages/domain but I can't normally account for what they might do at an actual selling page that is not on my domain or tagged properly to report back to me.

So, what you are saying is very ``academic`` really. Only the click-outs matter in relation to the viewer traffic.

That said; you need to multivariate test bridge pages --the real ``landing page`` is on the seller's website not an affiliates.

Eye-candy website design is rather common --back end coding for some dynamic content and tracking methods are beyond most ``webpage designers`` if you are looking for design ideas see Buy Plugins & Code from CodeCanyon

Copywritting is another story all together and the level of the audience matters a lot --as far as what may convert.
What is it they cannot do for you?

Perhaps it's an issue with the traffic rather than the landing page.
That may be the case also --too little information to reach any notion of the real issues
WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

Hello Merlin,

are you by any chance using a form of pop traffic? Pop will generate ten-thousands upon ten-thousands of clicks to the lander before it generates an actual conversion, especially if that conversion is a sale.

What is the object of your promotion?

Okay, I'll try to clarify and answer your questions. GB Scriese... I have NO idea what pop traffic is, so my guess is that I am NOT using any form of it. LOL

What I'm doing now is becoming an affiliate through a ClickBank product. Having a landing page built by what I was told was a professional with experience in affiliate marketing and able to build a high-conversion landing page. My advertiser is writing an ad using keywords and placing it on Google.

My budget has been $1,000/mth (but that is soon going to have to reduce due to no income). From Aug 22, 2023 - Nov 20, 2023 His ad has had 44,584 impressions and 2,328 clicks. I would think that should be enough for at least 1 sale. They're getting to the landing page, but no one is clicking to go to the seller.

So behindtimedriver... the traffic should be good as he is using targetted keywords.

Oh my Graybeard... you always come to my rescue. LOL What is it they cannot do for you?
hmmm.... I think a better question is What CAN they do for me. LOL God love them, they're very sweet people, they just can't do the job.

Our newest product I sent them the affiliate page (apparently they can't access it. I don't understand why.) So I copy & paste the entire affiliate page because it has the terms & conditions which they need to follow, images that they are allowed to use, email swipes where some of the content may be useful on the landing page, also some good marketing thoughts. I will then include any thoughts I had that may be helpful; maybe a related interactive quiz leading the customer to think in the direction that I want them to, a series of quotes with sources, etc.

What they showed me as a completed version was that they copied and pasted that entire email as the landing page, added a few images and done. So the landing page contains the affiliate terms & conditions, email me for email swipes (address being the sellers), a blurb on tracking pixels, etc. NOTHING about the product. There is so much more, but this should give you an idea.

This is not the result of a professional with knowledge about affiliate programs. I don't hold out much hope that whatever they come up with will be a high-conversion page.

Sorry to babble on. Just disappointed and broke. :)

I really appreciate all the comments. Great questions, just bad landing page designers.

Last edited:
According to you description, I guess your traffic source is google search ad and your landing page is a long page.
Maybe a simple landing page that focus on converting visitor to click your affiliate link will work better~
Furthermore, perhaps you shouldn't allocate such a large budget to a single offer but rather distribute the budget across multiple offers for testing purposes.

behindtimeriver, you may well be a VERY wise person. My landing pages aren't super long, but I was convinced that I had to provide valuable information. Perhaps if I just use an email swipe content, leave the disclaimer and contact us, throw on a few pictures, and don't forget the "click here" button. This might just be the ticket. Certainly worth a try.

Thank you for your suggestion. I wish I could help you all out the way you help me. I'd love to send a dozen muffins to each of you over the internet if that was possible. :) I really appreciate all your advice.

Merlin, indeed, then you are using Google search traffic and not pop.

(If you are curious, pop refers to pop-ups and pop-unders, ads that appear in new windows then the user clicks something on a website. Often annoying and uncalled for, but since the landing page loads anyway, it generates a whole lot of clicks.)

One would think that after years on the job, I would know someone who can build a proper landing page, but I do not. I wish you the absolute best of luck in your journey though.

behindtimeriver, you may well be a VERY wise person. My landing pages aren't super long, but I was convinced that I had to provide valuable information. Perhaps if I just use an email swipe content, leave the disclaimer and contact us, throw on a few pictures, and don't forget the "click here" button. This might just be the ticket. Certainly worth a try.

Thank you for your suggestion. I wish I could help you all out the way you help me. I'd love to send a dozen muffins to each of you over the internet if that was possible. :) I really appreciate all your advice.
  • People don't read that much
  • they read the talking points
  • act on the images (emotion)
  • and click on good value propositions.

You are all absolutely the BEST! I'm so glad that I found this forum. I promise you if I eventually find a setup that works, I will share it with you.

GB Scriese, Is this something I should be interested in? Traffic is certainly good, but we do want the RIGHT traffic. Will this generate that?

Last edited:
How can I tell if the affiliate link is using MY id? I don't see it within the link. How can I test it to make sure that the clicks are being attributed to ME and not someone els?

How can I tell if the affiliate link is using MY id? I don't see it within the link. How can I test it to make sure that the clicks are being attributed to ME and not someone els?
Check your affiliate dashboard.

Are you using a Clickbank generated link? There's the raw one, or you might have gone with the tracking one that you can get from them.

You can get tracking and testing info right from CB: Creating and Testing Your Tracking Link - ClickBank

Hope that helps!

OMG. I did as you suggested, azgold. This is the result:

Terms of Sale​

By placing an order for products from this website, you accept and are bound by these Terms of Sale.
[ affiliate = none ]

So I'm probably out a fair bit of money that would really come in handy right now. How do I fix this?
I asked the seller about this before and he said "don't worry, it's encrypted".

OMG. I did as you suggested, azgold. This is the result:

Terms of Sale​

By placing an order for products from this website, you accept and are bound by these Terms of Sale.
[ affiliate = none ]

So I'm probably out a fair bit of money that would really come in handy right now. How do I fix this?
I asked the seller about this before and he said "don't worry, it's encrypted".
Are you using the seller's landing page, or your own?

I haven't worked with CB for a few years now, so not sure if you can check that inside CB when you pick up your codes and pages, or after the fact. If you're using their pages.

Actually, I don't remember. I think I may be able to still sign into my account to refresh my memory but I'm not sure if they've closed it after all this time. I'll try.

affiliate = none.....don't think I buy that, especially if your data stats are showing you zero clicks. You may not have made any sales but if you've been advertising, you should be showing impressions, at the very least.

Edit: Just re-read your post....

Terms of Sale​

[ affiliate = none ]
Why did you link to the Terms page? I don't see any affiliate=none at the bottom. Am I missing something there?

I'm using my own landing page with the affiliate link that was provided by ClickBank.

I got that "Terms of Sale" when clicking on a product to purchase. Am I looking at the wrong thing?
Maybe I should ask ClickBank about it.

Yeah, sorry Merlin but I can't get into my CB account. Guess it's been too long.

Seems to me that the affiliate number showed up on the payment or invoice page, at the bottom.

I'm using my own landing page with the affiliate link that was provided by ClickBank.
I see. I assume that you've checked your page's code to make sure all is well there?

I got that "Terms of Sale" when clicking on a product to purchase. Am I looking at the wrong thing?
Okay, so if I landed on your landing page and clicked through to make the purchase, that's the first page I would see?

I may be a little confused here.

banners
Back