The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Clickbank and Bing ads direct linking success

bids are 5$...and on some bing started recommending to add more keywords
$5 for what? > is that competitive? 80% or <100% or over the high bidders?
Have you tried lowering the bid to $2 and adding 4 more keywords? maybe 3 or 4 dollars PPC will work with more keywords in the bid?
Give Bing and take some back

They are there -- good hunting ;)
Code:
grep -B8 -A8  '<ActivateDate>2020' marketplace_feed_v2.xml \                                         
 |grep '<Gravity>' \
 |              sed -e 's/<Gravity>//' -e 's/<\/Gravity>//' |sort -nr      |less

Sorry can someone explain what I'm looking at in more detail? What is all of this "gravity" stuff? I'm trying to fit this in the context of everything discussed here. Thank you all!

Do you mind sharing how you build out your landers? Do you use builders like elementor, leadpages, wix, etc, or do you build them from scratch? Also, what's your prefered method for hosting your landers? Many thanks!
Regarding hosting up until the last few years I've always used Bluehost shared hosting. I moved over the Liquidweb VPS a few years because a couple of blogs were beginning to get large volumes of traffic.

As for landing pages I create them with Thrive Architect (I've been using it since the end of 2015 I think). It's a simple plugin for WordPress and it gives you complete control over the look and feel of your pages. They update Thrive Architect with new features regularly.

Thanks!
I moved over the Liquidweb VPS a few years because a couple of blogs were beginning to get large volumes of traffic.
What if I'm running paid traffic to a landing page? Say my traffic source is coming from Taboola where I'm running native ads, would a VPS suffice for something like that?
Thrive Architect
Will definitely be checking them out. Thank you again.

Thanks!

What if I'm running paid traffic to a landing page? Say my traffic source is coming from Taboola where I'm running native ads, would a VPS suffice for something like that?

Will definitely be checking them out. Thank you again.

Yes, in my experience, a VPS would suffice for native traffic. When you start a native campaign it's often like turning on a tap of traffic and mine copes well.

Yes, in my experience, a VPS would suffice for native traffic. When you start a native campaign it's often like turning on a tap of traffic and mine copes well.
Thanks again for the tip. Reason why I'm asking so many questions and making so many posts regarding hosting is simply because I don't want to be paying more than I need to. So many plans out there it's hard to know which to choose. Also, everyone seems to have a different preference for hosting etc. I am also wondering if Amazon S3 would do the job as well. Got to keep researching!

Do you only stick to VSLs for native? What about advertorials? I hear those do well on native as well.

I have no evidence to back it up, but I feel that the eventual sales page is best with a VSL. For native ads a lander is good to use and that can be in advertorial format.

This video outlines the three most important things to consider when you are starting your first affiliate campaign:

Cheers,
Dave

*** UPDATE SEPTEMBER 15:

New Bing Ads/Clickbank case study video. This time using a landing page. The video includes results:

*** Updated with new case study video!

Hi guys!

I've recently been trying out new methods of promoting CB products.

I've had success with finding low competition products that are selling pretty well and doing direct linking campaigns through Bing.

I recorded the setup of one of these campaigns yesterday (and the results) and thought it might be useful for some affiliate marketers just starting out.

The video contains everything behind the scenes: Finding a product, setting up the campaign, and the results.

Testimonials from viewers who have tried out the methods in the videos:

From Thomas:

Thanks, Dave, for your inside into this case study. I am very new to the affiliate market but thought that I will give it a try.

Due to Corona, I had some extra time to read and try out the affiliate stuff. I tried your case study last weekend and it hit me like a rocket.

I tested three different products. Since then with one product I made sales.

15th Aug $245.16
16th Aug $203.96
17th Aug $102.21

Cheers
Thomas

From Emon:

Thank you so much, Dave. By the grace of Almighty Allah I made my first sale with your teaching.
Best Wishes,
Emon
First-Sale.jpg

From firstcards:
I just try out this method. I was able to make my first ever sales on clickbank. All thanks to teachable. I am a loyal subscriber to your YouTube channel
cb.png

P.S. I'm not selling anything in this video, there are no affiliate links, no requests for email, nothing. If you find it valuable I'd appreciate a like and subscribe on Youtube, but other than that I hope it helps.

*** UPDATE SEPTEMBER 15: New Bing Ads/Clickbank case study video. This time using a landing page. The video includes results:

**** Update September 12: This video outlines the 3 most important things to consider when you're starting your first affiliate campaign.

Here's a similar case study I've just completed using Google Ads. Google has more traffic and this means more clicks and faster results!

Please let me know if you've got any questions.

Cheers,
Dave

Hey Dave blows my mind that you made sales with such a competitive and popular product with the Google ads campaign with a landing page. I’m assuming a big factor is what you’re paying per click?

Last edited:
Hey Dave blows my mind that you made sales with such a competitive and popular product with the Google ads campaign with a landing page. I’m assuming a big factor is what you’re paying per click?

Cheers, Marc. Yes, you're right. If you start by bidding quite high (say $5 per click) it's pretty easy to push your way into the first or second spot. After a few clicks you start to get an idea of where the CPC is going to settle for a particular position and then you can test what results you get if you were to reduce the CPC and move down to position 2 or 3.

Here is a compilation of both Bing ads methods (direct linking and landing page):

Cheers,
Dave

Hey Dave thanks for the video. I’m currently taking a free course as you might know.

The premise of the course so far is a landing page then get them on your email list. Then a series of 3-4 emails with a soft pitch to the product abs the last email a more harder pitch. The premise is to build a rapport.

I do understand this concept because you’re building a list especially if you stay within the niche you can market to your list as it’s growing and promote other niche related products. And also you’re not necessarily selling but building a rapport.

I’m in the process of finishing the 4 emails, have 2 more to go. Then I will create a simple landing page.

Haven’t got to the lessons yet on traffic but I’m assuming it’s going to focus on free traffic.

Your means seems more reasonable to me right now in my early affiliate marketing career.

All I want to do is make some money and a sustainable side hustle. Not looking to replace my income. Just want another stream of income.

With all that being said...

What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing a campaign that included an opt in and the recipient receiving a series of 3-4 emails pertaining to the offer? The free course I’m taking suggests putting a button or text in the landing page and series of emails that says ‘if you don’t want to wait click here to get the product now’ sort of thing not exactly of course.

Thanks!

Hey Dave thanks for the video. I’m currently taking a free course as you might know.

The premise of the course so far is a landing page then get them on your email list. Then a series of 3-4 emails with a soft pitch to the product abs the last email a more harder pitch. The premise is to build a rapport.

I do understand this concept because you’re building a list especially if you stay within the niche you can market to your list as it’s growing and promote other niche related products. And also you’re not necessarily selling but building a rapport.

I’m in the process of finishing the 4 emails, have 2 more to go. Then I will create a simple landing page.

Haven’t got to the lessons yet on traffic but I’m assuming it’s going to focus on free traffic.

Your means seems more reasonable to me right now in my early affiliate marketing career.

All I want to do is make some money and a sustainable side hustle. Not looking to replace my income. Just want another stream of income.

With all that being said...

What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing a campaign that included an opt in and the recipient receiving a series of 3-4 emails pertaining to the offer? The free course I’m taking suggests putting a button or text in the landing page and series of emails that says ‘if you don’t want to wait click here to get the product now’ sort of thing not exactly of course.

Thanks!
Hey Marc!

Here is an in-exhaustive list of my feelings of the pros and cons off the top of my head:

ADVANTAGES
  • You can followup with the prospect and remind them of your offer, potentially leading to more conversions
  • You can sell additional products over time to the same people (sometimes in related but different niches)
  • You can develop your own product and have an instant audience to test it with
  • You may be able to build your list for free by offering a discount one time offer on signup
DISADVANTAGES
  • Some of the people who arrive at your opt-in looking to buy a solution at that very moment may drop off (lose the sale and the lead)
  • Lower "instant sale" gratification
  • After your initial email sequence you still need to mail regularly and maintain a relationship with your list (whether you're selling or not) otherwise the list will go stale
Overall, I think the advantages of list building outweigh the disadvantages.

One of my internet marketing buddies in Japan has lists hundreds of thousands in size, mainly in the bizopp and health niches. I believe it took him quite a few years to get to this point but he can queue up a few mails every week and make thousands a day.

I have served a few hundred under 500KB HTML and PHP pages an hour with no MySQL (like word press uses) with a 1GB RAM no bloatware VPS.
The same volume with WordPress and MySQL and a cpanel running will need 4GB probably.
How long is a string?

MI
Back