The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Clickbank and Bing ads direct linking success

Hey Dave, I am not getting clicks, stat remains static on Bing. What should I look for to improve CTR?
Thanks
@EmonTheCarver I have created a video on how to make your ads more noticeable on Bing by adding sitelink extensions. The video is here:
*Mods please note, this video (like the one in the original post) is content only - no course selling, affiliate links, or requests for email.

Last edited:
Dave,
Thanks for this enlightening video. I was always wondering about how a tracking link (hoplink) corresponds with the final url in bing ads. However, I've tested this technique with maxbounty tracking links and it works when applied in the same way. Back to CB hoplinks, I did make a commission with Leptitox - being an experiment on this type of linking some time ago. All the best to you and to those who want to give this a shot. :)

Dave,
Thanks for this enlightening video. I was always wondering about how a tracking link (hoplink) corresponds with the final url in bing ads. However, I've tested this technique with maxbounty tracking links and it works when applied in the same way. Back to CB hoplinks, I did make a commission with Leptitox - being an experiment on this type of linking some time ago. All the best to you and to those who want to give this a shot. :)
Cheers, @Andre Reutens ! Thanks for your kind feedback!

Cr
@EmonTheCarver I have created a video on how to make your ads more noticeable on Bing by adding sitelink extensions. The video is here:
*Mods please note, this video (like the one in the original post) is content only - no course selling, affiliate links, or requests for email.
Dave, I just created couple of Ad Extensions. Let's see what happens. I will keep u posted. Thanks.

Keep going with this --it's interesting if it can be scaled profitably.
So the next thing to sort out; is to figure out is what products will be accepted by the Search Engines and if this can be done with others (apart from Google) ...

Last edited:
Let me just add some ideas based on some discussions I've been having away from this thread.

If you are seeing a lot of impressions but your click through rate is under 10%, consider what can be changed about your ad to increase click throughs (eg. increase bid to get a better position, or change ad text). Remember that the more clicks you get will benefit you in two ways: 1. The likelihood of more sales and 2. a lower CPC because of an improved quality score.

Cheers,
Dave

Here's a video which goes into more detail about direct linking from Bing Ads:
upload_2020-8-15_23-17-7.png

You should be using the tid (Tracking ID) for each ad campaign -- that will show up on the clickbank stats details.
It's important to know what is selling (unless you are setting up a s2s postback).

*** Quick update: I ran a similar test yesterday with Google Ads and got some good results. I took video of everything. I'll put the video together and add it to this thread sometime today.

Cheers,
David

Hi guys!

I've recently been trying out new methods of promoting CB products.

I've had success with finding low competition products that are selling pretty well and doing direct linking campaigns through Bing.

I recorded the setup of one of these campaigns yesterday (and the results) and thought it might be useful for some affiliate marketers just starting out.

The video contains everything behind the scenes: Finding a product, setting up the campaign, and the results.

P.S. I'm not selling anything in this video, there are no affiliate links, no requests for email, nothing. If you find it valkuable I'd appreciate a like and subscribe on Youtube, but other than that I hope it helps.

Please let me know if you've got any questions.

Cheers,
Dave
Hi Dave, I followed the steps in your video for warm traffic on bing that uses 1. clickbank product 2. bing ad 3. Using only 1 keyword, Exact match (e.g. [carbofix]).
The ad passes but I get the message, under Delivery tab: This keyword can't show because there is a higher-ranked ad-keyword pair with the same display URL.
What do you recommend?

Hi Dave, I followed the steps in your video for warm traffic on bing that uses 1. clickbank product 2. bing ad 3. Using only 1 keyword, Exact match (e.g. [carbofix]).
The ad passes but I get the message, under Delivery tab: This keyword can't show because there is a higher-ranked ad-keyword pair with the same display URL.
What do you recommend?

The vendor or another affiliate is already linking directly to the sales page domain, which is why you're getting this message.

The first thing I'd recommend is use the ad preview tool and confirm that your ad is not showing (sometimes Bing's error messages don't report reality).

The second thing I would do is increase your bid, wait a few hours, and see if that helps you rank.

If the above two options fail, I would move on and look for a different product that doesn't have the ranking competition.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi everyone!

Here is a similar case study with Google Ads. More traffic in Google means more clicks and faster results. Check it out:

Cheers,
Dave

The vendor or another affiliate is already linking directly to the sales page domain, which is why you're getting this message.

The first thing I'd recommend is use the ad preview tool and confirm that your ad is not showing (sometimes Bing's error messages don't report reality).

The second thing I would do is increase your bid, wait a few hours, and see if that helps you rank.

If the above two options fail, I would move on and look for a different product that doesn't have the ranking competition.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Dave
Actually, buggered if I can understand how direct linking ads can even get approved, because unless the vendor forgot to do it or also you were the absolute first to come across the product, then the url will be already taken, and bing won't allow it?

MI
Back