The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Clickbank and Bing ads direct linking success

If you want to add a tracking id like with clickbank, you need to add subid=MYTRACKINGID after the question mark in the URL (MYTRACKINGID being whatever you want to identify the conversion).

Cheers,
Dave[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dave. I'm confused...
What I'm trying to do, is to direct link maxweb offers on Bing without using clickmagic.

can I still use the Microsoft parameters to see which device/network/keywords generated the sale?
many thanks.

Thanks Dave. I'm confused...
What I'm trying to do, is to direct link maxweb offers on Bing without using clickmagic.
You should be able to do that just using the standard product's affiliate link from Maxweb.

can I still use the Microsoft parameters to see which device/network/keywords generated the sale?
No. You need some kind of tracking like Clickmagick for this.

Cheers,
Dave

*** UPDATE November 1: Video showing how you can direct link from Bing ads to offers on any network (not just Clickbank).

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Great content. Enjoyed reading it.
I have a question about Bing Ads though. For me it's not showing the 'Manual Bid'-option. I only get:

- Enhanced CPC
- Maximize Clicks
- Maximize Conversions
- Target CPA
- Target ROAS

Any idea why that is?

Thanks!

Hi Dave,

Great content. Enjoyed reading it.
I have a question about Bing Ads though. For me it's not showing the 'Manual Bid'-option. I only get:

- Enhanced CPC
- Maximize Clicks
- Maximize Conversions
- Target CPA
- Target ROAS

Any idea why that is?

Thanks!
Good point. I heard this from a few other people recently.

It seems Microsoft is testing a subset of their accounts without Manual CPC. I still have it in mine but I'm preparing for it to disappear in the not too distant future.

I haven't tested this yet, but you can probably get the same effect as Manual CPC by using Maximize Clicks and setting a per click limit.

Let me know how you go!

Cheers,
Dave

What advice would you give to people who do not have access to click bank?any better alternative?
You could try some of these:
  • Maxbounty
  • Maxweb
  • Digistore
  • Paydotcom
  • Shareasale
  • Market Health
There are literally thousands of networks. You can see some good reviews and write ups of actual experiences by doing a Google search on "affiliate networks"

Cheers,
Dave

*** UPDATE November 4: My 3 latest Clickbank case studies in one video. One landing page version and 2 direct linking campaigns.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Dave

*** UPDATE November 5: Here's a video explaining some insights I learned in the early days of affiliate marketing that helped me to build my income:

Cheers,
Dave

Hey Dave,
I've tried several campaigns as suggested and I do get a sale here and there:).
However, the joy soon fades away as the days pass, no new sales come in., and the campaign turns into a loss:(.
Could you kindly explain more on how you optimize? also, when do you cut off a campaign?
many thanks!

Last edited:
Hey Dave,
Do you recommend a daily budget of 100? or is that just an example?
I tried $20/day x 5 different campaigns. Should do 1 campaign at a time at 100/day?
many thanks

Hey Dave,
I've tried several campaigns as suggested and I do get a sale here and there:).
However, the joy soon fades away as the days pass, no new sales come in., and the campaign turns into a loss:(.
Could you kindly explain more on how you optimize? also, when do you cut off a campaign?
many thanks!
I know the feeling. This is definitely deflating. When you see results and then a long stretch of nothing.

There are likely multiple reasons for this happening, there's a lot of competition for the particular product, timing (if you're targeting the US ppl are very distracted right now, stretching back 1-2 weeks), and on. But I'm just speculating because that's all we can do.

To optimize I would first be looking at your CPC and overall clicks. Are you getting clicks and just no sales? If so, I would personally let it run to double the spend of a single commission and if there was nothing happened I would probably pause the campaign - maybe turn it back on again in a few weeks.

If you're not getting many clicks, why is that? Is it because there are not many impressions and not many searches? If so, I would just let the campaign run because you're not losing much. If you're getting lots of impressions and not many clicks then you need to check why. Is it the ad position, is it something that can be tweaked in the wording of the ad?

Cheers,
Dave

Hey Dave,
Do you recommend a daily budget of 100? or is that just an example?
I tried $20/day x 5 different campaigns. Should do 1 campaign at a time at 100/day?
many thanks
If you've got $100 a day, I would first set your most promising campaign to $100 day. It's unlikely to spend that much every day, but it gives bing the flexibility to ensure your ad appears close to the top with every search on your keywords. For example, one of my campaigns is set to $300 a day. Of that I spend only about $20 a day, but the large budget makes sure I'm always in position 1 or 2.

Once you're comfortable with the investment and returns you're getting from the first campaign, I would then repeat on your next most promising campaign.

Cheers,
Dave

*** UPDATE November 10: Testimonial I received today.
Screen-Shot-2020-11-10-at-5.55.19.png

MI
Back