The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Writing SEO-based Cornerstone Article With High Keyword Difficulty

moneydrop2021

I am creating an SEO article for my website, which will be the cornerstone. I've been researching related keywords, which are extremely difficult to rank. On the other hand, I've found some keywords that I can use for orphaned articles, and their relative keyword difficulty is either moderate or low. Those orphaned articles will then be linked to the cornerstone article.
Here's an example:
Cornerstone article: What to put or install inside your new kitchens (most related keywords have high keyword difficulty)
Orphan article topics with low to moderate keyword difficulty: Kitchen countertop types, small refrigerators, affordable stoves, medium-sized microwaves, and knife holder types.

Should I still create a difficult-to-rank cornerstone article just because the orphan articles are easy to rank? I am also thinking of promoting the cornerstone article on different social networks.

Direct sellers win on brand ranking
Authority sites win on "a difficult generic keyword"
kitchen cabinets , kitchen counter tops, kitchen floors, kitchen appliances
Talk design and remodeling but sell kitchen appliances. Small appliances ...
1705038089857.png

1705038404950.png

Interest rates and recession fears are weighting the search interest down (perhaps).

Interest rates and recession fears are weighting the search interest down
*<rattles cage>*

In theory, when economic times are "difficult" home improvement thrives --as it is to expensive to build new or upgrade your housing ownership. But this is sort of a perfect storm in many local areas right now and the winds are still blowing ...

Should I still create a difficult-to-rank cornerstone article just because the orphan articles are easy to rank? I am also thinking of promoting the cornerstone article on different social networks.

This is similar to the link wheels that were popular many years ago, except you are doing it internally. So your dilemma is the effectiveness of using internal links only as opposed to using the power of internal links with outbound links to a different domain that links back to you or to other domains that eventually link back to your primary site.

Your link strategy today is an internal link strategy that can be SEO compatible, but the content must be articulate, valuable, and very targeted. These various articles must be relevant to the target!

Last edited:
VALUE

Thats what you should target
If you are law abiding or
If you are criminal outlaw or
If you are unknown entity

Randoms be like this mofo put shit on the table
So this mofo can take shit off the table

This is similar to the link wheels that were popular many years ago
I remember those.

Re getting in the difficult keywords, the articles on home improvement or decor that I read have links within that show photos of an appliance (for example), or review it and somewhere in the text say words to the effect: This is the one I use and link to it.

Check out similar websites to see how they do it. I'd look at the bigger brand sites, like Houzz, HGTV, Veranda, etc. Your site may be somewhat different but those guys get TONS of traffic so it may spark some inspiration for you.

In this scenario, I think there is nothing wrong with creating a cornerstone article. While the orphan topic articles are not hard to rank for, the cornerstone article provides a comprehensive guide, a sort of index if you will. This makes your website a destination for comprehensive guidance to kitchen renovations which provides high value and providing value is what works in the long term for SEO

SEO really is like juggling different puzzle pieces to make the big picture, right? Reminds me of when I was trying to boost my own website's visibility. I found this guide on law firm SEO that shed some light on similar issues: . So, yes, while those easy-to-rank orphan articles are tempting, having a solid cornerstone could be the key to long-term success.

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back