The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Whats the best way of promote affiliate link on youtube

Naddey

affiliate
Hi, I recently uploaded a short video o youtube that consisted of a video saying that there are other ways to create traffic rather than using Google.

The video had links to the affiliate links that are referred to in the video

Are people going to read the description and click on the links?

Will my video grow what numbers can I expects
And has anyone else used youtube to drive traffic to their affiliate links any advice.

Can link the video if you would like

It depends. If you want people to click on your link you should encourage them in the video to do so. (if you have watched =3 in the past you can say that Ray is saying something like "click on the links bellow" at the end of each video)
Another great way to increase your CTR is to add annotations in the videos. (you can say click here for more information and show the link on the video)

I suggest you to use Annotations for directing visitors to click on the link in description, I recommend you to use a landing page and drive visitors from YT to your landing page.

Regards
IndeXer

asked viewers to click our affiliate link on description + send them to landing page + collect leads = make $$$$

It depends. If you want people to click on your link you should encourage them in the video to do so. (if you have watched =3 in the past you can say that Ray is saying something like "click on the links bellow" at the end of each video)
Another great way to increase your CTR is to add annotations in the videos. (you can say click here for more information and show the link on the video)
Yh that's exactly what I did, the video itself does not have any speech, just music and graphics. But at the end i have annotations covering the whole screen telling them to go to the description.

Yh that's exactly what I did, the video itself does not have any speech, just music and graphics. But at the end i have annotations covering the whole screen telling them to go to the description.

I suggest you to use Annotations for directing visitors to click on the link in description, I recommend you to use a landing page and drive visitors from YT to your landing page.

Regards
IndeXer
I did that but it annotations that i created might be a bit too "in your face"

Try to change it up a bit. How about placing a small annotation during the video, or at the beginning, see how that works, maybe your CTR will increase.
The secret in this field is to experiment until you find the best recipe.

Place the annotation in the beginning of the video, most of the visitors doesn't actually watch full video. If not then direct your visitors to the landing page. Record your landing page too in the video & focus on the URL, that way without directing them to description you can directly refer them to visit your landing page.

Regards
IndeXer

Make it blatantly obvious what you want the viewer to do (i.e. click on a link, etc.). Explicitly mention in the video what you want the viewer to do, use annotations to help your in-video instructions, and include the link in the description as a final kicker.

As far as your view count, nobody can predict how many views you're going to get. Use the video tags and other social sites to your advantage.

Thanks everyone for the help on my first post
Here's video
It's really low on views at the moment and I don't have a large reach on social media at the moment but sharing f the video would greatly be appreciated
And any other ideas now you have seen the video?

I usually display the affiliate link on the video itself like a watermark and a big affiliate link on the credits. just make sure that your money site or affiliate link will never change.

Place the annotation in the beginning of the video, most of the visitors doesn't actually watch full video. If not then direct your visitors to the landing page. Record your landing page too in the video & focus on the URL, that way without directing them to description you can directly refer them to visit your landing page.

Regards
IndeXer
I agree with Indexer, use the annotations tool to your advantage. I have found that placing the link first or close to first in the description makes it super easy for your viewers to find it.

banners
Back