The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What are alternatives to Wordpress?

Rocky1983

affiliate
Wordpress is good and easy to use but its a bit slow and many experts do not recommend it for affiliate marketing (CPC advertising). I have questions:

1) Is that true?
2) What are alternatives to Wordpress that I can build a website load fast.

Note: Basically, I want to build a simple website with a few pages and a form to collect lead. I know basic html/css so I can edit html and css here and there, but not much.

What's your thought?

Thanks guys

well, I guess one of the reason is because Wordpress is slow and easy to be hacked.

I have to disagree on this statement. WordPress core is secure, no major vulnerabilities has been found in the last few years. Most hack cases typically caused by insecure scripts - improperly written 3rd party plugins/themes, insecure host and most importantly lack site's owners understanding of security (weak password, non-updated installs, etc.).

Same goes with performance. I see lots of my clients running a site with 20+ plugins which they don't even actually need. And then there's uber-fantastic, all-purpose, all-in-one themes with bloated codes and features most regular users won't need. These are what causing slow loading sites, not WordPress itself.

For the same type of tool, you have some alternatives to wordpress like Blogger, Medium, webnode, wix, Weebly among others.
They are all very easy and cheap solutions so you cannot expect too much. They have Shared hosting, which means that it is ok for low traffic but nevertheless instable and insecure.

They will have always problems regarding velocity and volumes.
On this highly competitive industry you need to be always a step ahead. Quality must be the objective. Bad quality images, low loading speeds and loading errors will all make difference at the end of the day.
To begin, I recommend you to use a VPS which is more powerful than shared hosting and requires basic knowledges to be configure.
If you want to become a full expert on the field you must go with more advanced options like a cloud Hosting or a dedicated server.

Whatever solution you may use you must understand that the loading speed depends on the localization of the server and of the user. For that purpose, you can use a CDN.

Can you show the "Slow" metrics/examples? Also, can you reference which experts do not recommend it?
To be honest, I don't have the numbers to prove. I posted the question after some researches on Internet. Wodpress is powerful and has many built-in features, so naturally it is slower than if we code from scratch. Needless to say, it may get slower when we add plugins.

I do have a blog with Wordpress and I'm satisfied with it. However, since I'm learning affiliate marketing, I'm more concern about the website speed.

For me, there are no alternatives to Wordpress. It's the most user-friendly CMS I've ever worked with. There are so many beautiful and flexible templates available on the web. I've recently discovered a great website offering best wordpress themes . Gonna use one of them for my gambling website.

I do agree with you. Worpdress is super easy to use and manage. My concern is its speed in general

I´m not sure how, but there are ways to measure the load speed, if you know html use it, or at least use Mobirise like i do, and then delete all the un-necesary codes added, compress the images, and videos and use a good vps, there are more complex ways to increase loading speed hosting some files of the landing on a CDN but if you are not sending a LOT of traffic (or if you send traffic from one location and your vps is near to it) is maybe a non-sense

so naturally it is slower than if we code from scratch.
I disagree.
If you are able to code better than a team of opensource contributors, then it is likely you're not using a CMS to publish articles in the first place. Additionally (to the point of your original question), switching to another CMS doesn't fix the issue, it onlychanges it out for another set of opensource contributors, with another set of drawbacks & advantages.

I do have a blog with Wordpress and I'm satisfied with it. However, since I'm learning affiliate marketing, I'm more concern about the website speed.
Speed can be effected in many areas closer to metal than the code. I would address those first. What you can gain by removing CMS overhead, or clumsy, useless plugins, is likely to be insignificant to what you can achieve with better server hardware, balanced server infrastructure, & GEO-location CDN delivery. Ultimately, if your site is making money for you, why look for a solution that is only looking for a problem to solve? Until my dollar amount is effected, I wouldn't look to change, risking a functional product.

I´m not sure how, but there are ways to measure the load speed
Pingdom will monitor from a number of sources, as well as I use an http/https nagios speed check.

Pingdom will offer a complete breakdown of resources & their load times, from the dns, js, to the css. Where as the nagios http/https check will simply tell you from point blank, how long it took. Both offer the ability to set metrics, & measure over time.

Wordpress is easy to use and manage..there are no alternatives for this CMS( Content Management System).Here you can find soo many responsive themes and plugins..

What kind of campaigns are you running? Do you need an entire site? Do you just need landers?

You have multiple ways you can go.

As others have mentioned, WP can be fast. It can also be slow. You have to be careful when building it out (keep it simple), use a CDN, and take charge of the hosting.

If you just need landers, you can learn to code your own. Or, you can hire others to code your own.

The other option would be to use a service like Instapage that allows you to build your own landers. Same principles apply around not bogging the page down with your own custom code and non-optimized images, but Instapage serves pages quickly and makes it easy to create mobile optimized variations. Full disclosure, I run the affiliate program at Instapage.

In all cases, it takes an investment on your end.

Hi
  • Medium. Medium is a popular publishing platform. ...
  • Ghost. Some WordPress users who want to focus on blogging felt that WordPress is going in a totally different direction. ...
  • Joomla. ...
  • Drupal. ...
  • Jekyll. ...
  • Tumblr. ...
  • CMS Made Simple. ...
  • Wix.

banners
Back