and just publish what I can
with the tools I have
suggest you do the same
try not to get upset
just choose the quickest technical solution
and move on

but they are blood sucking vampires from hell
well today I decided to say F%CK THEM

It's like this with most all platforms. Our forum software has a load of "expert" volunteers on several associated forums and very few of them have truly relevant and valuable data for us.

We utilize a developer, and I do the same for my projects. Both here, and for myself, these dev people are highly regarded individuals in their fields with long history's of being solid and generally get things done fast and correctly the first time. Instead of always reaching out to them on a pay per need basis, we have hybrid relationships with them. We have annual contracts for managing the servers and the platforms software's, including the add-ons and plugins. Additional things like customizations often require separate billing, but not always.

It's always a good idea to start building relationships with a few dev people that have a wide breadth of knowledge on your platform software and its associated add-ons and plugins. In most cases, they'll give you sound advice for free on the stuff you can do yourself, as well as offer reasonably priced options for more advanced things you may need and not feel comfortable doing yourself.

I know that your budget may not allow for full fledged relationships with such people yet, but it doesn't prevent you from communicating with them now, letting them know you are in fledgling stages with your projects, and want build a relationship going forward. I promise you, this will bring you great benefits and a comfortable level of "peace of mind" going forward.

You are a slave to a tool.
I fight all the time with my own coding and get pissed --but once it's set it stays the same. Never had a PHP 5-8 version issue I recall.
WordPress is bad because too many people make too many plugins that work on some version and when you try to cobble-them-together on the next version the code is bad for reason it was dependent on another version.

How many plugins did you PAY for that won't work? Those are supported for how long?

You are a slave to a tool.
I fight all the time with my own coding and get pissed --but once it's set it stays the same. Never had a PHP 5-8 version issue I recall.
WordPress is bad because too many people make too many plugins that work on some version and when you try to cobble-them-together on the next version the code is bad for reason it was dependent on another version.

How many plugins did you PAY for that won't work? Those are supported for how long?
I pay for 2 WP tools
1 was a test & didnt find useful
other is a really powerful tool
but the developer let the updates slide
now its only just working
but WP is the best of the worst
cos I dont know any other CMS
that beats it
& I cannot code

note to self: sloppy short-cuts are evil
col-8 is not the same as col-8-sm >>>the mobile display is wrong without the right class

Sometimes you rush and don't pay close attention and frustrate yourself.
Most code has very simple fixes --once you find the issue of what is wrong --that's always been the hard part.

& I cannot code

Now you see the value in having a developer relationship!

You will get there, I've been through the same growing pains!

growing pains thepainsofgrowing GIF by Alessia Cara

There was no WordPress and no 'social media' when I started to make websites.
Google started after I did!
There was Geocities, Angelfire, Homestead and Yahoo voice chat in Java.
So, you had to learn if you waned to do this professionally.

MI
Back