The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What are alternatives to Wordpress?

Well, if you are IM starter or want to make your first blog. Go for blogger and test everything. I'm sure, you will gather enough knowledge of HTML.
Then move to Wordpress. It's more easier.

What about using a bootstrap template. Maybe it would fit your needs.
On the other hand, WP is quiet fine – depending on your setup. As already mentioned, CDN would be great to speed it up. Also, be careful what kind of plugins you have within your theme. You don't necessarily need all of them for your lander. Which leads to the security issue. There are so many plugins available which have security issues. Keeping an eye on them regards updates etc. and a trusted source would help. Another recommendation is using the plugin wordfence security. Properly configured, it prevents many attacks up front. However, when you are a bit familiar with HTML / CSS, you can use a slim bootstrap theme. I´m going that way for pop-unders.

The alternatives of the wordpress are:
Blogger
Joomla
Wix
Weebly
These paltforms also provides you the best support for you blogging desire.

There are many alternatives to word press such as,
1. Medium
2. Ghost
3. Joomla
4. Drupal
5. Jeykll
6. Tumblr
7. Wix

I know basic html/css so I can edit html and css here and there, but not much.

For a simple landing page or two with a form, I'd start with a free or paid HTML5 responsive template and modify to my requirements. I am using free templates like this (e.g. templates from Start Bootstrap) on a few websites including a form that comes with a simple form handler PHP file that can email form submissions and/or write form submissions to a database.

You don't have to know a lot of html/css to be able to modify these to your requirements, the pages load extremely quickly and there's no need to constantly apply updates to keep the pages secure (like you have to do with any CMS).

What makes WordPress best out of all is the plugins you get to use , which makes every task very easy. You get to choose a readymade theme from a wide variety.

banners
Back