The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO is VERY hard (all #1 sites are cheating)

SEO is easy but people are getting smarter with their searches. If you do not provide enough value, you will lose your rank. So let's say ranking might be easy but keeping that rank is getting harder.

Take this post as an example.

SEO in 2021: The Definitive Guide

This article from Brian Dean ranking on almost everything related to SEO and you can almost instantly realize why. So yeah content is still the king.

. So yeah content is still the king.

I have a challenge with people going on about the content is king thing. What exactly do you mean by that? Lengthy content? quality content? content that provides the best answer?

Type "lorem ipsum" in google search and you will likely find on page #1 some thin content pages with a bunch of funny characters yet comfortably sitting on page #1 for years.

I guess it's all about search intent then.

SEO is never easy man!
If it was easy every website would be no 1 instead its difficult as hell.
Creating Content that is upto standards also providing services..
Creating a speedy website with good amount of keyword in your blog
ON-page SEO, OFF-Page seo- creating backlinks, guest posts, outreach stuff like that
You do all this and still there's no guarantee that'll you'll rank 1.
Of course SEO is no easy, and there's no guarantee but the likely outcome if you focus on long tail keywords and provide quality content is always promising:rolleyes:

there-can-be-only-one.jpeg

but there are lots of long tail key phrases ;)

I have a challenge with people going on about the content is king thing. What exactly do you mean by that? Lengthy content? quality content? content that provides the best answer?

All of that! Content is King and Traffic is Queen.

The old adage of this being the information highway is very accurate. Everyone is online for information in some way. Hence, content is what everyone is seeking. Content is what attracts people. Content is what satisfies people, motivates people, and it always leads to more information.

Type "lorem ipsum" in google search and you will likely find on page #1 some thin content pages with a bunch of funny characters yet comfortably sitting on page #1 for years.

I guess it's all about search intent then.

content is king meaning - Google Search

Pretty much explained in the first article. If you do not get what it means just by searching Google, I honestly don't know how to explain it better :)

By the way, Check out Brian Dean's blog. I mean you see those contents.. thats the type of content that makes people smile. Everything you need to know about a topic should be there but it's not random information. Everything step by step well explained.

Last edited:
SEO is easy indeed - in a perfect world. However, we're far from perfect world. With so much competition out there, it has never been harder I'd dare to say.

I disagree @Profit Monkey
SEO has never been easier
  1. Google has just created new website about SEO
  2. Google Search Console shows all keywords customers types
  3. There are more customers every day
  4. More products than any time in history of the world
  5. More tools beings created every day
SEO is about content & labels
Step 1 --> Create great content
Step 2 --> Apply correct labels
If you don't rank then you need to improve step 1 or step 2

I disagree @Profit Monkey
SEO has never been easier
  1. Google has just created new website about SEO
  2. Google Search Console shows all keywords customers types
  3. There are more customers every day
  4. More products than any time in history of the world
  5. More tools beings created every day
SEO is about content & labels
Step 1 --> Create great content
Step 2 --> Apply correct labels
If you don't rank then you need to improve step 1 or step 2

And I perfectly agree with your point!

However, creating "GREAT CONTENT" so you'd rank - with so much competition, so many users etc. makes it harder than ever before.

The consequence of not ranking (for me) is -->
  1. No traffic
  2. No ad clicks
  3. No sales
  4. No commission
  5. Unpaid bills
I need to pay bills, it's not optional
Therefore I don't even consider not ranking on Google
"Difficulty" is just a word that describes part of a process called "success"
So I find a profitable keyword that's rankable
Then just keep testing ways to rank
Until it happens
Because I won't quit

You need to decide to rank
(depending on keyword, "auto insurance" good luck with that!)
It's a logical & conscious decision
You choose a target and keep trying to hit it
Eventually you will hit it, or you'll be dead
If you have doubts just pack up and go home
Don't even start

And I perfectly agree with your point!

However, creating "GREAT CONTENT" so you'd rank - with so much competition, so many users etc. makes it harder than ever before.

Valuable content is generally a challenge for many. I write about 12k to 15k words per week for my content sites and have a few content contributors as well. All in all, about 35k to 40k fresh, valuable, well written content per week over several content sites. Not a lot, but highly targeted and extremely compressed.

30k to 40k words is usually around 80 to 100 pages in MS Word, give or take, split between 3 of us creating the content.

I find the challenge is not in creating it, rather, knowing how to create it. Doing the research, drafting, editing, and finally the publishing is far more time consuming and challenging than writing it. Now, I am a very experienced writer, so that portion of the process is something I know can be a huge obstacle for many. However, my over all point is, in this industry, all of that needs to be developed as a skill set by advertisers and publishers or they need to develop a team of professionals to do it for them.

Great content researchers and creators are not hard to find, and are really not all that expensive given the rewards one can receive from great content.

So much is 'copy-cat'; not so much outright copying(not outright plagiarism)
  • --what I mean is more along the same POV (Point of View).

Think out of the box
  • --there are endless reviews on the same subject or product out there
  • --if you are just saying the same ol' shit with different words
  • --it's not outright plagiarism but it's boring and redundant.

Some unique POV or methods of thought and deduction, or an unexpected conclusion, may bring you new traffic and conversion opportunities.

Couldn't agree more with what you are saying again.

What an interesting conversation…

I agree that SEO is easy. If you have little or no competition, you can rank without issues without links and just with an optimized design. I have seen in many times.

When there are more competitors, then the best answer often wins. That's why the "Skyscraper's Technique" became so insanely popular.

When the best answer doesn't win, you need to check the other factors: links, domain age, reputation online, etc. Any website is "unbeatable". If you think you cannot beat eBay in a search query, then I would reconsider my career options if I were you. Not because I say so but because that is a loser's mindset.

Two kinds of people complicate SEO way more than necessary: one are web developers, the other are other webmasters.

Web developers complicate SEO because they are lazy. Instead of making five simple HTML pages and copying them to the server, they install WordPress (or other) create a template, install plugins, call 30-something scripts so everything will work "fine" and call it a day. Last time I downloaded WordPress I got a zip file with about 3000 files. Many web designers use that to create a five-page website. It is just ridiculous.

Webmasters complicate SEO because some of them tend to believe that their website is so bloody powerful that just one link from them will break the WWW and move the page they link to the first position of SERPs for life, it is just pitiful.

I wish there was more community thinking on the web, but perhaps I will keep dreaming for a while.

I also agree that SEO is easy. It's easy when you trust the professionals from crork.com. High-quality work will increase the number of views and attract target customers to your page.

Last edited:
banners
Back