The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adsterra”/  “CPA

Blicktor

Affiliate
affiliate
I'm having a little trouble working out a plan for hosting

I'm confused between setting up a cloud solution or setting up a dedicated server/vps

I don't know which one would be better for media buying as well as using binom (tracker)

Any help would be appreciated

Voluum

Graybeard

affiliate
Who is going to be the server admin?
How experienced are you?

By cloud you mean Amazon, Microsoft or Google?
Or, some hosting companies new name for a virtual account (on the cheap).

To host your own tracker you will need a good setup.
How mamy thousand hits a day in traffic is planned.
What is the 'content weight' in bandwidth?

You don't want to underestimate or overspend on network resources -- a reasonable base compromise requires a plan or the ability to pivot quickly. Clouds may be a bit expensive but not being available to serve you ad volume is a lot more expensive.

Blicktor

Affiliate
affiliate
Yes I will be admin - I have a technical background so I know I can learn - I'm just starting out so I won't have huge amounts of traffic but I want to be able to handle when I get to that level - would it make sense to have a dedicated sever for the tracking and use cloud for web pages? I want to be able to run campaigns all over the world and I want pages to load real quick

Graybeard

affiliate
Amazon-Cloudfront CDN maybe for serving the HTML, Nginx
I like Linode for VPS for your tracker -- no cpanel ssh only set up a proper firewall, limit ssh access to your IPs only, no FTP server - use scp or rsync maybe 2G - 4G RAM will be enough -- again depends on the volume

Blicktor

Affiliate
affiliate
Thank you I appreciate it

-what else would you recommend instead of amazon-cloudfront?
-is binom good enough for a tracker? would you recommend another tracker?
-is there anything i can do for you for helping me?

Regards

MI