The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Do bulk e-mail services always fall in reputation?

GB Scriese

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Gamebassadors
Hello Everyone,

my company used some bulk e-mail services for a couple of campaigns. Not quite advertisements, mind you, more like newsletters to semi-warm contacts as non-intrusive as possible.

One service we tried was Snov.io. It worked for the most part, but delivery was sloppy and looking into it, we found that a significant portion of our e-mails went to spam, even the very first couple of times we sent them. Furthermore, after we stopped using the service, I noticed an increase in borderline spam approaches, and I suspect it was due to our own e-mails being added to the mailing list of others.

This made me wonder, do all e-mail services eventually mess up their reputation and get marked more and more as spam? Do you know of any that have been in good standing for a long time?

I think when you are dealing with Gmail or Outlook email addresses you will always have inbox problems --nature of the beast.

e-mail services eventually mess up their reputation
The clients they get do (cause) that --sending promotional material and the recipients unsubscribing --even if the mailer honors the 'unsubscribe promptly'

Do you know of any that have been in good standing for a long time?

We've been using PepiPost for about 12 years now and with great success. Reasonable pricing, excellent "warm up" control, and deliverability is awesome.

The one thing some may find uncomfortable is that using the available warm up methods will typically take a few hours to get out 100k emails. We have Pepi integrated through API and our system also adds control to the speed at which the emails go out. This is a love/hate situation because everyone wants emails to slip out of their platform and into the send streams as fast as possible but choosing to do so will absolutely result in higher bounce and drop rates, especially with GMail, Yahoo mail, etc.

Best practice on senders side is like cooking a fine brisket, do it "low & slow". You will get better and more sustainable results.

banners
Back