The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Clickbank and Bing ads direct linking success

As an experiment I tried direct linking with popunders (supposed quality) to one of the better clickbank offers
admav_log-click_analysis.jpg

$0.2265 NET per landed referral = no conversions
Poor intent or a slow page load --that clickbank is a VSL with at least a 2sec page load (in chrome) + 500ms to 700ms redirection and logging script load time my custom 'tracker'
admav_log-click_track.jpg

just a sample of the data I use ...

Question: how does that referral cost compare with you average bid at Bing? $0.2265
And generally, what is the CR the referrals pr sale range you are getting (averages)?
thanx ...

Hey Dave, loving the videos as always!

I'm trying to find clarification on using redirects, do you know if Microsoft ads allows 301 redirects? as in when the ad is clicked it goes to the display url but then is automatically redirected to the vendor landing page?

Cheers!

Hey Dave, loving the videos as always!

I'm trying to find clarification on using redirects, do you know if Microsoft ads allows 301 redirects? as in when the ad is clicked it goes to the display url but then is automatically redirected to the vendor landing page?

Cheers!
Hi Jonno!

Cheers!

I don't think they allow it. If the visitor doesn't stay on the final url until the visitor actively clicks a link to take them somewhere else they'll look at this as a spammy tactic. I would also be careful about even trying it in case it gets your account disabled.

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks for the quick reply, I thought it would have been forbidden but had seen quite a few people using the tactic.

Better safe then sorry!

Much higher (unfortunately). Bidding on branded keywords I usually don't get much below $2.50 on the exact name (if the product' really popular it could go to almost $5). If I run on broad match modifier rather than exact I can sometimes scoop up some cheaper clicks between $1 and $2.

For the longest term campaign I have running the average is 1 in 6.
That tells me you are spending 30% - 50% on the Bing ads overall? Is that in the ball bark? (US slang = fair estimate?)

Hi Dave,

I am just starting out and I hope your videos will help me, I will definitely give them a try and will let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for making these videos.

@techable I tested 3 campaigns clickbank directlink + Bing and targeted exact brand keywords but the CPC is quiet high. Each campaign got at least 20 clicks, avg position is 2.1. However, none of them generated any sales.
Do you think there're too many competitors follow your strategy and pushing the cpc so hard?

About brand bidding: always check the offer for the terms if that is allowed;
  • some offer owners will prohibit brand bidding (and your earnings may be forfeit if caught)
  • other offer owners don't mind and want the traffic and publicity
--just make sure it's an allowed practice.

@techable I tested 3 campaigns clickbank directlink + Bing and targeted exact brand keywords but the CPC is quiet high. Each campaign got at least 20 clicks, avg position is 2.1. However, none of them generated any sales.
Do you think there're too many competitors follow your strategy and pushing the cpc so hard?
What you could do, is find a lower competition product, or you could allow your ad position to drop a little but just improve the text in your ad to snatch the clicks from the ads in the top position. For example, even in position3 you can get a lot of clicks, you just have to make people want to click... using a tactic like making the searcher curious about your ad.

Cheers,
Dave

*** UPDATE October 24: Here's a video walkthrough about how you can copy any landing page (or create a new landing page) using Thrive Architect:

Cheers,
Dave

Hey Dave

I am seeing your content from quite some time now and I want to be successful in Ads. I have started with Bing + Clickbank, but once it got good, I'll move on to other platforms.

Since I am taking it seriously and want to make this my business(instead of just earning some side income) what advice would you give me? The same things you wished you knew when you started out.

Waiting for your reply!
Thank

Hey Dave

I am seeing your content from quite some time now and I want to be successful in Ads. I have started with Bing + Clickbank, but once it got good, I'll move on to other platforms.

Since I am taking it seriously and want to make this my business(instead of just earning some side income) what advice would you give me? The same things you wished you knew when you started out.

Waiting for your reply!
Thank
These are my two biggest take aways from the last 13 - 14 years:

1. When you find something that works, don't settle... double down. Capitalize on it.
  2. Make hay while the sun shines. This is the internet and things change at light speed. What makes you money now may not work tomorrow so make money while you can.
Cheers,
Dave

$ ssh -ND 2222 user@111.166.35.4 -vvv
^^^^<server IP 2222 is the TCP port you will use on your server
then in chrome set the proxy 127.0.0.1 2222
**LINUX PC required for the above ssh

*** NEW DIRECT LINKING CASE STUDY October 29: Here's how to get cheaper clicks on Bing Ads and promote Clickbank products without competition:

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the good content.
I'm trying to do the same with offers from other networks (not just CB).
However, I have some issues with the tracking template URL (I'm getting "final URL mismatch").

I was wondering is it the same URL format for other networks? link/offer?tid=....
or is the "?tid=" only for clickbank?

You could try using something like freeproxy.win or webproxy.to
those are commonly known proxy/VPNs how many of the IP asn blocks are known by Bing (et. al) may make them useless. If bing and google allow those proxy's IPs to click and cost you --well they are dumb as dirt then :p

My own VPS at DigitaOcean got past Google and I could click --whether the client (advertiser) was charged for the click that I don't know.
see: Ask Me Anything - Private proxy-cloaker FREE!
:p

Hi Dave, thanks for the good content.
I'm trying to do the same with offers from other networks (not just CB).
However, I have some issues with the tracking template URL (I'm getting "final URL mismatch").
Regarding the tracking template final URL mismatch, it's possible a GEO restriction is causing the problem.

With some networks (outside of Clickbank) if the a visitor from a restricted (offer not available to them) GEO goes through the affiliate link the network redirects them somewhere other than the intended landing page.

What does the full report say when get the final URL mismatch? The report will show the landing page that the affiliate link is actually resolving to.

banners
Back