The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Clickbank and Bing ads direct linking success

Hey Dave, Its the loyal YT subscriber again here in Affiliate Fix. I wanted to post in private to you and reckoned this would be the way to go. I have been actually following all your videos and following your blueprint on Bing ads with broad and brand keywords and with quite high bids too. I have a budget of $50-$100 as suggested by you. However, I reckon I'm going wrong somewhere cos there have been no impressions and so no clicks leave alone any sale. Like I mentioned in one of the YT posts, one of my campaigns had about 1700 impressions and about 20 clicks. But sales =zilch! Subsequently, on the other campaigns, nothing, no impressions, no clicks, and obviously no sale.

Suffice to say, I sure am going wrong somewhere but am just not able to figure out where. Especially when I see people making sales using your blueprint!!!

Can you help me out here personally with a one on one or if that's a no-no, suggesting someone who can guide me to do the right thing? Would really appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks much Dave.

Regards,

Sam
Hi Sam,

Sure. Thanks for listing some of the details of your campaigns, but it would be good if we could go a bit deeper.

Regarding 1,700 impressions and only 20 clicks. That's barely over a 1% CTR. Were you brand bidding? If so, you need assess why people are not clicking on your ad. Is it the wording? Or is the ad position too low (eg. position 4) and no one is noticing your ad unless they really look?

Regarding 20 clicks and no sales, this isn't unusual. 20 clicks is a lot when you're spending $3 - $5 per click, but it's not a big enough sample to draw particularly negative conclusions. One thing you will want to check is that you ad, lander (if you're not direct linking), and the sale page contain a congruent message. If your ad or lander says 90% discount, but the sale page contradicts that you will lose potential sales.

Regarding no impressions on other ads, check the ad preview tool and make sure your ad is actually showing. If it isn't you need to address why. If it is, you need to find out why it's not getting impressions. It "showing" but not getting to page 1? Is the product is question just not that popular so there are no searches? Are there other ads for this product? If not, then that's an indication no one is searching for this product.

Check out those things and let us know what you find!

Cheers,
Dave

About brand bidding: always check the offer for the terms if that is allowed;
  • some offer owners will prohibit brand bidding (and your earnings may be forfeit if caught)
  • other offer owners don't mind and want the traffic and publicity
--just make sure it's an allowed practice.
Cheers! Very good advice!

Hi @techable, nice to see you're here too.
Can I ask you; if I use a tracker (Binom) do I still need to create the ad groups as described in previous videos (M/F device) ?

Last edited:
Hi @techable , Tnx for your valuable content.
I followed the process and managed to get a sale here and there :). However, if I continue to run the campaign for a few more days I always end up with an overall ROI loss. Could you elaborate on how you optimize once you get a sale?

Last edited:
Hi @techable , Tnx for your valuable content.
I followed the process and managed to get a sale here and there :). However, if I continue to run the campaign for a few more days I always end up with an overall ROI loss. Could you elaborate on how you optimize once you get a sale?
Congratulations on the sales!

There's a few things you can do...

1. Think about how you can adjust your ad to qualify people before they click. For example, "99% Off Today Only" will get more clicks and potentially lower CR than "Starting at $59"
2. Study the other ads that stick around for the long term. What are some of the things they are doing that you could try?
3. If you are using a landing page, confirm the number of clicks you get matches the number of hops. If not check what can be improved about your landing page.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Sam,

Sure. Thanks for listing some of the details of your campaigns, but it would be good if we could go a bit deeper.

Regarding 1,700 impressions and only 20 clicks. That's barely over a 1% CTR. Were you brand bidding? If so, you need assess why people are not clicking on your ad. Is it the wording? Or is the ad position too low (eg. position 4) and no one is noticing your ad unless they really look?

Regarding 20 clicks and no sales, this isn't unusual. 20 clicks is a lot when you're spending $3 - $5 per click, but it's not a big enough sample to draw particularly negative conclusions. One thing you will want to check is that you ad, lander (if you're not direct linking), and the sale page contain a congruent message. If your ad or lander says 90% discount, but the sale page contradicts that you will lose potential sales.

Regarding no impressions on other ads, check the ad preview tool and make sure your ad is actually showing. If it isn't you need to address why. If it is, you need to find out why it's not getting impressions. It "showing" but not getting to page 1? Is the product is question just not that popular so there are no searches? Are there other ads for this product? If not, then that's an indication no one is searching for this product.

Check out those things and let us know what you find!

Cheers,
Dave

Hey Dave,

Thank you sooo much for the detailed reply. Appreciate it so much. You ROCK!!

BTW, just to make sure we are on the same page, Im following your blueprint to the "T". Only using direct linking on Microsoft Bing. No landers or anything else. Anyway, I will check on everything you suggested right away and give you feedback.

Now on to the next thing, I followed your advice on your YT video and started another campaign with high gravity. I also had a quite high bid so much so that it had an average ranking between 1 and 1.73. The daily budget was $50 as suggested by you and very likely could be increased to $100 if the conversions were good. CTR was 3.48%, impressions 543 and clicks were 19. Conversions 0!

However, what perplexes me is that you did a similar campaign as a case study and received a sale after 5 clicks and 32 impressions with a bid of about $4-$5. So my question is why no conversions in spite of being at the top of the search with a comparatively higher bid(roughly$6.5)? Can you please let me know where I am going wrong?

Thank you very much again for being so patient!

Hey Dave,

Thank you sooo much for the detailed reply. Appreciate it so much. You ROCK!!

BTW, just to make sure we are on the same page, Im following your blueprint to the "T". Only using direct linking on Microsoft Bing. No landers or anything else. Anyway, I will check on everything you suggested right away and give you feedback.

Now on to the next thing, I followed your advice on your YT video and started another campaign with high gravity. I also had a quite high bid so much so that it had an average ranking between 1 and 1.73. The daily budget was $50 as suggested by you and very likely could be increased to $100 if the conversions were good. CTR was 3.48%, impressions 543 and clicks were 19. Conversions 0!

However, what perplexes me is that you did a similar campaign as a case study and received a sale after 5 clicks and 32 impressions with a bid of about $4-$5. So my question is why no conversions in spite of being at the top of the search with a comparatively higher bid(roughly$6.5)? Can you please let me know where I am going wrong?

Thank you very much again for being so patient!
Hi Sam,

Thanks for you reply.

If possible I'd like to see the text of your ad. If you prefer not to share it here you can private message me. If I can see what the ad looks like I'll be in a better position to suggest what might be wrong. Part of the reason I'd like to see the ad is the clickthrough rate seems low (in my example, you note above, my ad would have achieved the same number of clicks with less than a quarter of the impressions).

Cheers,
Dave

when I clicked it it takes me to the final url directly and once there I don't see my affiliate id anywhere.
why is the hop= missing then?
it's being truncated from the URL?
is the issue in the display ad? can you mouse over it and see the real link copy and paste it to verify that it is there

*** UPDATE October 13: Compilation video showing testimonials from marketers who have used this system and links to 4 main video case studies:

Cheers,
Dave

go back and look how it's set up --there is probably an error if there is not then IDK
99% it's always some user error i do that coding a lot --just fixed a stupid mistake I made yesterday in a server conf file --shit always :happens:

Hi Sam,

Thanks for you reply.

If possible I'd like to see the text of your ad. If you prefer not to share it here you can private message me. If I can see what the ad looks like I'll be in a better position to suggest what might be wrong. Part of the reason I'd like to see the ad is the clickthrough rate seems low (in my example, you note above, my ad would have achieved the same number of clicks with less than a quarter of the impressions).

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave, Thanks for your reply. Can u let me know how do I private message you? Apologies for being ignorant!

Just a quick note that if you've sent me a private message I will get to it, just that I've received quite a few today and trying to balance getting through them with the other things I need to do.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers,
Dave

*** UPDATE October 13: This one's not about direct linking, but it might be a good resource for people for their overall campaigns.

Cheers,
Dave

Well, maybe it's the offer? You may be selling yourself --I have lost a lot of money that way with things that just don't click in the past.
$80 isn't that much but there is some problem. Get someone other than you (your ip) to check the link on the Bing SEARCH ENGINE Ad. Another thing --you read that vendor's terms and SEM is acceptable -- biding on? Maybe there is something to that?

banners
Back