The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

⭐Hi :) (Long post full of gold... )

Mikeyboy

affiliate
Hello Friendly Affiliate Forum :)

I'm Mike from the UK. I've made good money in the past several years with CPA. None of which was made using the conventional "brainstorm angles, split test this, test that, then optimize constantly". Not shared my methods before but i want to start on the right footing on this forum so as to hopefully get help myself and build relationships, so here goes...

Firstly it was cookie stuffing eBay, then forums, then PPV traffic, not huge money but reliable income.

Then Facebook viral campaigns, i made a simple 'Free Makeup' website, literally just a domain with a single page, and the flow was as such... 1) Like this page 2) Connect to App (this then posted to ten of their friends walls without them knowing) 3) Content Locker 4) CPA Offer. The traffic you could get from these such ventures was insane. Server meltingly insane. Had many four figure days. Then Facebook cracked down and made it not worth the hassle.

Next up was Youtube comment spam. Simple movie domain and a content locker, nothing fancy. Had a bot to comment on movie trailers saying along the lines of "great movie, just watched it at movie-site", my twist was that i didn't post the full url, just the site name, so looked less spammy, and still plenty of people googled the name and visited the site. Developed my own bot to check for existing comment before commenting again so it didn't looks spammed. This died when comments were organised by ranking as opposed to post time.

Then i saw the iTunes affiliate program and thought "i bet iPad users buy regular products from iTunes" so i just decided to test some iPad pop traffic to the affiliate program and it performed great. Designed my own "link shortener" (cloaker) and happily did $500+ a day for several months with no questions asked. Easiest money ever, until they changed the affiliate program and it stopped worked as well.

Next up was also on mobile pop traffic but was promoting apps, this was a few years ago when it was all the rage, this was easy money if you could find the right apps. Candy crush anybody? ;) Plus some AV campaigns too, when they were easy

Next was the big bucks. 1 click flows. Oh mama :cool: I came up with a method of click-jacking that was pretty unique. I enjoy coding, and came up with a unique twist - a sort of game - which was irresistible for users to click on mobile pops which had hidden 1 click flow offers underneath. It was mean... but it was profitable :rolleyes: That all died down after 18 months or so, and it wasn't worth the effort any more. I developed my own tools during this period, one was a Python script using the Voluum API which would basically blacklist bad placements on several traffic sources every ten minutes, so optimization was all automated. Another was for analysing best converting IP ranges which was very insightful. I went to multiple conferences in Thailand and Berlin around this time too.

To be honest over the next year i lost much interest in making money and lived a simple life, went on a few adventures and helped family financially. Then i got the money making bug again and all the rage was Push Traffic, so i played around with Push, and it was at this point when it started to dawn on me... i don't really have a craft. A skillset as such. I had got by all these years on finding temporary 'loopholes'. I get quite easily overwhelmed and lose track of everything. I can spend hours fiddling with PHP but when it comes to writing a catchy headline or coming up with angles i get "over analysis paralysis" and my brain goes 100mph. :(

One of the niches i did have some success with on Push was VOD (Video On Demand, aka Streaming Services, 'Watch Free TV Shows Free!' ). I then spent 4+ months creating my own streaming site from scratch, it is with this in mind i come to this forum to brainstorm and network with like-minded individuals and conquer this vertical ;). (This is a "legal" streaming site, as in, it doesn't host, or even link to videos, it just implies users can watch them then redirects to a VOD offer.) I will make a dedicated thread regarding this where i go into it in more detail.

If you've made it this far - i salute you :)
I look forward to contributing and soaking up knowledge bombs :ninja:

Last edited:
Hello Friendly Affiliate Forum :)

I'm Mike from the UK. I've made good money in the past several years with CPA. None of which was made using the conventional "brainstorm angles, split test this, test that, then optimize constantly". Not shared my methods before but i want to start on the right footing on this forum so as to hopefully get help myself and build relationships, so here goes...

Firstly it was cookie stuffing eBay, then forums, then PPV traffic, not huge money but reliable income.

Then Facebook viral campaigns, i made a simple 'Free Makeup' website, literally just a domain with a single page, and the flow was as such... 1) Like this page 2) Connect to App (this then posted to ten of their friends walls without them knowing) 3) Content Locker 4) CPA Offer. The traffic you could get from these such ventures was insane. Server meltingly insane. Had many four figure days. Then Facebook cracked down and made it not worth the hassle.

Next up was Youtube comment spam. Simple movie domain and a content locker, nothing fancy. Had a bot to comment on movie trailers saying along the lines of "great movie, just watched it at movie-site", my twist was that i didn't post the full url, just the site name, so looked less spammy, and still plenty of people googled the name and visited the site. Developed my own bot to check for existing comment before commenting again so it didn't looks spammed. This died when comments were organised by ranking as opposed to post time.

Then i saw the iTunes affiliate program and thought "i bet iPad users buy regular products from iTunes" so i just decided to test some iPad pop traffic to the affiliate program and it performed great. Designed my own "link shortener" (cloaker) and happily did $500+ a day for several months with no questions asked. Easiest money ever, until they changed the affiliate program and it stopped worked as well.

Next up was also on mobile pop traffic but was promoting apps, this was a few years ago when it was all the rage, this was easy money if you could find the right apps. Candy crush anybody? ;) Plus some AV campaigns too, when they were easy

Next was the big bucks. 1 click flows. Oh mama :cool: I came up with a method of click-jacking that was pretty unique. I enjoy coding, and came up with a unique twist - a sort of game - which was irresistible for users to click on mobile pops which had hidden 1 click flow offers underneath. It was mean... but it was profitable :rolleyes: That all died down after 18 months or so, and it wasn't worth the effort any more. I developed my own tools during this period, one was a Python script using the Voluum API which would basically blacklist bad placements on several traffic sources every ten minutes, so optimization was all automated. Another was for analysing best converting IP ranges which was very insightful. I went to multiple conferences in Thailand and Berlin around this time too.

To be honest over the next year i lost much interest in making money and lived a simple life, went on a few adventures and helped family financially. Then i got the money making bug again and all the rage was Push Traffic, so i played around with Push, and it was at this point when it started to dawn on me... i don't really have a craft. A skillset as such. I had got by all these years on finding temporary 'loopholes'. I get quite easily overwhelmed and lose track of everything. I can spend hours fiddling with PHP but when it comes to writing a catchy headline or coming up with angles i get "over analysis paralysis" and my brain goes 100mph. :(

One of the niches i did have some success with on Push was VOD (Video On Demand, aka Streaming Services, 'Watch Free TV Shows Free!' ). I then spent 4+ months creating my own streaming site from scratch, it is with this in mind i come to this forum to brainstorm and network with like-minded individuals and conquer this vertical ;). (This is a "legal" streaming site, as in, it doesn't host, or even link to videos, it just implies users can watch them then redirects to a VOD offer.) I will make a dedicated thread regarding this where i go into it in more detail.

If you've made it this far - i salute you :)
I look forward to contributing and soaking up knowledge bombs :ninja:

Wow, that's reallly a story! Hi there and welcome to the club! Hope to see some posts with your experience soon.

Good luck!

Hello and welcome, Mike!

That's quite a history you have. Obviously, you're not afraid to try something new, so making the switch to WH can be interesting for you.

get help myself and build relationships

Perfect! :)

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Mike!

Welcome to the forum man, first of all, finding these little loopholes is a hard thing to do, some advertisers are not able to find them at all, so it's a great skill!
Regarding creatives on push - use Spy tools to get inspired, you'll find eventually what's working.

first of all it wasn't that long ;)
also skill-wise i'd say you are quite the chameleon and can adapt well to different advertising niches, well done.

Looks like a one horse pony to me ...
1629202537611.png

Hi @Mikeyboy welcome to affiliatefix - you came exactly to the right place to learn and thrive!
Then I would like to tell you that "finding 'loopholes' is a damn good skill, don't make yourself smaller than you are
You are obviously able to spot things others aren't, which is exactly the kind of ability necessary to succeed as an affiliate!

Good luck for your journey!

Karolina

Great story of a person who doesn't give up. I wish I had the same mindset as you to be as flexible to the affiliate marketing as you.

banners
Back