The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Gold Zeropark Live Case Study (from $0 to $XXX per day)

thanks Servando, I guess a proper follow along as you have done is going to be the best a) for me and b) for the community and others like me to learn! consider that an action item for this week.

One of the hardest things is choosing the right offer. I have a list of top offers from my aff network, and looking for the T2/T3 ones. just not sure how to go about choosing the right one. is it a case of 10-20x offer value and move on if it doesn't convert?
When you spy you'll know which offers are converting for other people and so you can choose them from your top offer's list.

But many times it's a matter of testing.
Test 3 campaigns and you might not find anything to keep.
Test 10 campaigns and you might have a couple to work with.
Test 50 campaigns and you'll probably have like 10 campaigns with potential.

The more you test, the more possibilities you'll have.

Hey Servando, what do you do with offers that don't convert in certain browsers on Zeropark, since there's no browser filtering option?

Most of my traffic converts just fine but one browser doesn't convert at all. I've tried 2 other offers so far and none of those made a single conversion after spending 20x the payout each and I was wondering if you had any advice for situations like this.
I hope they add browser filtering for mobile traffic soon, but so far what I do is:

1. test another offer
2. send to offer rotator
3. re sell traffic it option 1-2 don't work

There's not much you can do there. Other networks have worse targeting options and there's nothing I can do about it.

Hey Servando, what do you do with offers that don't convert in certain browsers on Zeropark, since there's no browser filtering option?

Most of my traffic converts just fine but one browser doesn't convert at all. I've tried 2 other offers so far and none of those made a single conversion after spending 20x the payout each and I was wondering if you had any advice for situations like this.

Set up redirect rules in your tracker so traffic from that browser goes to an offer that converts, so you gotta test offers for this!

Or, it might be something technical with your landing page that makes it bad for your offer, look into that, maybe do a split test on that and another landing page variation! Just my $0.02.

Time for an update.
I left 3 campaigns running now which are gathering data and being optimized every 3-4 days.

The rest are paused but I found a few winners. The problem is a couple of them are from redirect traffic and being Tier 2-3 countries and redirect traffic means there's not much volume to work with. Another campaign is doing better though and already hitting bigger numbers.

Keep in mind the data shown here is from 2-3 different campaigns, but the optimization process is the same for each so I'm taking several screenshots from the campaigns to show different things I optimize (this shouldn't be important for you though).

So if you remember the first steps, I went over landing page, offers and target optimization.
I have repeated the optimization for targets every 3 days and every target that doesn't convert after spending 2-3x the payout I'll pause it.

There are some targets that are converting but not profitable and those are still not paused as I'm still working on the campaign and can be optimized by bid.

This means the screenshots you're going to see are cleaner and without much targets to optimize because i've been filtering them out every few days constantly.

Now it's time to revisit a few things that we haven't optimized yet, including: OS, browsers, sources, offers again.

1. Re check offers

OK, so last time I showed you there were 2 offers converting well. One better than the other but the difference wasn't as big and I kept running both at 50-50%.

Well, after a couple weeks now there's a bigger difference and I decided to pause one:
Zeropark Voluum Case Study Offers Update.jpg

Now that I found the strongest offer I'm going to check other factors to optimize the campaign on a higher level.

2. Analyze traffic type
With Zeropark you can get either adult or mainstream traffic. Depending on your offer and if the advertiser allows it, you can run both. However if you're running an adult offer you should target adult traffic only.

I've already optimized several dozens of targets/websites and both adult and mainstream is being profitable for me:
Zeropark Voluum Case Study traffic type.jpg

But as you can see, mainstream traffic is performing better than adult and Zeropark has a lot more mainstream traffic than adult (contrary to other sources where adult is predominant).

In this case I'll keep both but in your case if after filtering many websites and finding your winning offer adult or mainstream traffic are not working filter them out.

Don't filter this at the beginning because there might be a few sites that could kill your ROI or your offer+lander combination could be improved.

3. Source optimization

This source filter is a new feature from Zeropark they added a couple months ago.
Basically a source is a group of websites that is sending you traffic and you can analyze the data to see if it's performing well or pause it. Think of it as a category, where you have dozens or hundreds of sites all in a group and if you find that a lot of sites are not performing well you could pause all that stream of traffic with 1 click instead of pausing one by one.

Zeropark Voluum Case Study Source Optimization.jpg

After having filtered several websites/targets from my campaign I can keep running most of the sources from this campaign. However I paused a couple sources a week ago and might pause one more with low volume that's not converting either.

Again, don't block a source unless you have enough data and have blocked several targets because a source could have a few bad websites and a few good websites and pausing everything will leave money in the table.

4. OS optimization

Now that you have enough data for several days, you can optimize major factors like OSes, browsers or devices. I won't show devices here as I'm not running traffic from different devices and I don't really recommend to mix desktop, tablet or mobile traffic in 1 campaign.

So let's analyze OSes and see if we can pause it.
Zeropark Voluum Case Study OS optimization.jpg

As you can see, I can pretty much leave running all OSes from my campaign. This is good and something that doesn't happen all the time. For instance, you can already know that I'm not running an Android app or an Android antivirus because otherwise iOS or Windows wouldn't work.

There's one niche you can monetize with every OS and I already mentioned it here. I'll leave it to your imagination ;) Think of lead gen offers instead of just pin submits and you'll have more room to scale and make everything work.

Now please keep in mind that the OS with more traffic has a very low ROI (15%) and there's another OS with 12% ROI which i could have paused at the beginning when the ROI was negative.

This is one of the reasons you need money to test and you need to be patient and gather data at different stages. If i had paused the first OS the first days before optimizing websites and lander/offer I would have lost 50% of the traffic available for this campaign.

5. Browser Optimization

The same applies here, but not every traffic source allows to optimize browsers.
In Zeropark if you're running mobile traffic you can only optimize OS and carrier. Browser optimization is available for desktop traffic but it won't work this time.

Zeropark Voluum Case Study Browser Optimization.jpg

So as you can see, there are a couple browsers that are not converting well for my campaign and I'll have to monetize them with a different offer or send them to an offer rotator setting up some filters with Voluum.

Good news is that the biggest browsers are still working and it compensates the ROI overall. I can give you a hint here and say that many of my campaigns have bad performance with browsers like: Opera, FireFox, sometimes Safari depending on the campaign, but if you want to get a lot of traffic you need to make your offer work for Chrome, Safari and the Android browser in general. That's where most of the volume is.

I'll keep running traffic and at the same time I'll try to scale this campaign to other sources.
The problem here is because those are tier2-3 countries there isn't much volume, so first thing i'll do is replicate the campaigns with PPV traffic (or domain if it's running on PPV) and I'll try more countries too.

Also, when I started this follow along I was the 2nd bid and then moved to the first bid, however the bids have been raised and now my campaigns are sitting in the 2nd-3rd bid again and i'm receiving a bit less traffic than before.

I'll keep you updated guys.

When you spy you'll know which offers are converting for other people and so you can choose them from your top offer's list.

But many times it's a matter of testing.
Test 3 campaigns and you might not find anything to keep.
Test 10 campaigns and you might have a couple to work with.
Test 50 campaigns and you'll probably have like 10 campaigns with potential.

The more you test, the more possibilities you'll have.

Thanks, I have a subscription to Adplexity, as you recommended at the start of the thread. Been pulling my hair out the past few days about it as could not figure out the best way to use it. Just had a revelation! so thanks again

Thanks for the 3rd update Servando. It makes sense how you optimize for the long run, being not profitable at the beginning but not capping the traffic by blocking variables.

I am curious about your bid. Right now you are biding $5.50 CPM. To me that's a really high bid when it comes to pops + tier2/3. Are you running redirects, then (although CTR seems more like pop traffic)?

How many days took you to become this campaign profitable?

Thanks for the 3rd update Servando. It makes sense how you optimize for the long run, being not profitable at the beginning but not capping the traffic by blocking variables.

I am curious about your bid. Right now you are biding $5.50 CPM. To me that's a really high bid when it comes to pops + tier2/3. Are you running redirects, then (although CTR seems more like pop traffic)?

in addition to that question - if I look at Redirected Domain Traffic - Volume a 5.5 bid higher than all the averages (including T1 countries for POP traffic). Do you find the traffic estimator to not be accurate, or do you find that the quality of traffic greatly increase with a much higher bid.

For example UAE traffic average is $1.8 CPM. (7th highest)

Time for an update.
I left 3 campaigns running now which are gathering data and being optimized every 3-4 days.

The rest are paused but I found a few winners. The problem is a couple of them are from redirect traffic and being Tier 2-3 countries and redirect traffic means there's not much volume to work with. Another campaign is doing better though and already hitting bigger numbers.

Keep in mind the data shown here is from 2-3 different campaigns, but the optimization process is the same for each so I'm taking several screenshots from the campaigns to show different things I optimize (this shouldn't be important for you though).

So if you remember the first steps, I went over landing page, offers and target optimization.
I have repeated the optimization for targets every 3 days and every target that doesn't convert after spending 2-3x the payout I'll pause it.

There are some targets that are converting but not profitable and those are still not paused as I'm still working on the campaign and can be optimized by bid.

This means the screenshots you're going to see are cleaner and without much targets to optimize because i've been filtering them out every few days constantly.

Now it's time to revisit a few things that we haven't optimized yet, including: OS, browsers, sources, offers again.

1. Re check offers

OK, so last time I showed you there were 2 offers converting well. One better than the other but the difference wasn't as big and I kept running both at 50-50%.

Well, after a couple weeks now there's a bigger difference and I decided to pause one:
View attachment 6626

Now that I found the strongest offer I'm going to check other factors to optimize the campaign on a higher level.

2. Analyze traffic type
With Zeropark you can get either adult or mainstream traffic. Depending on your offer and if the advertiser allows it, you can run both. However if you're running an adult offer you should target adult traffic only.

I've already optimized several dozens of targets/websites and both adult and mainstream is being profitable for me:
View attachment 6627

But as you can see, mainstream traffic is performing better than adult and Zeropark has a lot more mainstream traffic than adult (contrary to other sources where adult is predominant).

In this case I'll keep both but in your case if after filtering many websites and finding your winning offer adult or mainstream traffic are not working filter them out.

Don't filter this at the beginning because there might be a few sites that could kill your ROI or your offer+lander combination could be improved.

3. Source optimization

This source filter is a new feature from Zeropark they added a couple months ago.
Basically a source is a group of websites that is sending you traffic and you can analyze the data to see if it's performing well or pause it. Think of it as a category, where you have dozens or hundreds of sites all in a group and if you find that a lot of sites are not performing well you could pause all that stream of traffic with 1 click instead of pausing one by one.

View attachment 6628

After having filtered several websites/targets from my campaign I can keep running most of the sources from this campaign. However I paused a couple sources a week ago and might pause one more with low volume that's not converting either.

Again, don't block a source unless you have enough data and have blocked several targets because a source could have a few bad websites and a few good websites and pausing everything will leave money in the table.

4. OS optimization

Now that you have enough data for several days, you can optimize major factors like OSes, browsers or devices. I won't show devices here as I'm not running traffic from different devices and I don't really recommend to mix desktop, tablet or mobile traffic in 1 campaign.

So let's analyze OSes and see if we can pause it.
View attachment 6629

As you can see, I can pretty much leave running all OSes from my campaign. This is good and something that doesn't happen all the time. For instance, you can already know that I'm not running an Android app or an Android antivirus because otherwise iOS or Windows wouldn't work.

There's one niche you can monetize with every OS and I already mentioned it here. I'll leave it to your imagination ;) Think of lead gen offers instead of just pin submits and you'll have more room to scale and make everything work.

Now please keep in mind that the OS with more traffic has a very low ROI (15%) and there's another OS with 12% ROI which i could have paused at the beginning when the ROI was negative.

This is one of the reasons you need money to test and you need to be patient and gather data at different stages. If i had paused the first OS the first days before optimizing websites and lander/offer I would have lost 50% of the traffic available for this campaign.

5. Browser Optimization

The same applies here, but not every traffic source allows to optimize browsers.
In Zeropark if you're running mobile traffic you can only optimize OS and carrier. Browser optimization is available for desktop traffic but it won't work this time.

View attachment 6630

So as you can see, there are a couple browsers that are not converting well for my campaign and I'll have to monetize them with a different offer or send them to an offer rotator setting up some filters with Voluum.

Good news is that the biggest browsers are still working and it compensates the ROI overall. I can give you a hint here and say that many of my campaigns have bad performance with browsers like: Opera, FireFox, sometimes Safari depending on the campaign, but if you want to get a lot of traffic you need to make your offer work for Chrome, Safari and the Android browser in general. That's where most of the volume is.

I'll keep running traffic and at the same time I'll try to scale this campaign to other sources.
The problem here is because those are tier2-3 countries there isn't much volume, so first thing i'll do is replicate the campaigns with PPV traffic (or domain if it's running on PPV) and I'll try more countries too.

Also, when I started this follow along I was the 2nd bid and then moved to the first bid, however the bids have been raised and now my campaigns are sitting in the 2nd-3rd bid again and i'm receiving a bit less traffic than before.

I'll keep you updated guys.

Servando, when you scale your campaign to another traffic source, do you copy the entire campaign or do you start from scratch (do you copy things like which carrier works best, which OS works best, etc) or do you only copy LP and Offer?

Not so high for pop traffic. I have had campaigns where i have to bid $12 or $20 to get decent volume.
But in this case, the stats shown are redirect traffic (one that I'm scaling to ppv now to get more volume) and $5 for redirect is even a bit low IMO.

The other campaign I showed at the beginning which was also tier 3 but PPV traffic has a bid around $1-2, which goes more according to pop traffic.

in addition to that question - if I look at Redirected Domain Traffic - Volume a 5.5 bid higher than all the averages (including T1 countries for POP traffic). Do you find the traffic estimator to not be accurate, or do you find that the quality of traffic greatly increase with a much higher bid.

For example UAE traffic average is $1.8 CPM. (7th highest)
No, the traffic estimator is good and gives you a decent idea. But once you launch the campaign you'll see your position and adjust accordingly.

So how're people making "Popcash" work for example, when the only thing you can optimize is placement and category? Or OS..
You work with what you can.
If you can "only" optimize placements, categories and OS, and everybody does the same, you're all in the same level.

In fact, it's an advantage for you because other people might be scared thinking it won't be possible to optimize which means less competition.

If nobody could make their campaigns work in Popcash do you think the network would exist?

servando i tried zeropark with soi games ... but for some how it didnt work .

if i will try other offers what kind of offer do u think will work bes t ?

servando i tried zeropark with soi games ... but for some how it didnt work .

if i will try other offers what kind of offer do u think will work bes t ?
Have a look at the posts and updates i've made and you'll know which kind of offers work with popunders.
Games are not very common for this traffic. Facebook is another story though.

Not so high for pop traffic. I have had campaigns where i have to bid $12 or $20 to get decent volume.
But in this case, the stats shown are redirect traffic (one that I'm scaling to ppv now to get more volume) and $5 for redirect is even a bit low IMO.

The other campaign I showed at the beginning which was also tier 3 but PPV traffic has a bid around $1-2, which goes more according to pop traffic.

So in terms of bid/quality/ROI, could this be a possible and common scenario?

- $5 CPM | 4000 visits | $20 spent | $40 earned | 100% ROI
- $3 CPM | 6666 visits | $20 spent | $22 earned | 10% ROI
- $1.5 CPM | 13333 visits | $20 spent | $13 earned| -35% ROI

Even though your bid is higher, your ROI is better because your pops appear before other ones and the first time a user sees a pop up is yours.

So in terms of bid/quality/ROI, could this be a possible and common scenario?

- $5 CPM | 4000 visits | $20 spent | $40 earned | 100% ROI
- $3 CPM | 6666 visits | $20 spent | $22 earned | 10% ROI
- $1.5 CPM | 13333 visits | $20 spent | $13 earned| -35% ROI

Even though your bid is higher, your ROI is better because your pops appear before other ones and the first time a user sees a pop up is yours.

Yup, that might very well be true. Although from my experience the highest bid almost always gets the most traffic, and then the average bid.

How disciplined are you in the testing phase

If you set say 20$ per day and you hit revenue of $10 and full cap after a few hours or would you uncap the day and let it roll? or do you quite literally stick to your 20 and wait for the next day before continuing the process?

Last edited:
I hope they add browser filtering for mobile traffic soon, but so far what I do is:

1. test another offer
2. send to offer rotator
3. re sell traffic it option 1-2 don't work

There's not much you can do there. Other networks have worse targeting options and there's nothing I can do about it.
What do you mean by reselling traffic? Where would I go for doing that? And how often do you resort to that option?

What do you mean by optimizing a converting but unprofitable campaign by bid? Do you bid higher or lower?

Thanks for the thread by the way, lots of great advice I've picked up from this :)

MI
Back