The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Gold Zeropark Live Case Study (from $0 to $XXX per day)

2. Landing Landing Pages and setup

Setting up everything with Voluum is quite easy. If you have any doubts please check the Voluum guide. I also decided to upload my landers to a CDN and at the same time upload them to a couple of VPSes located near/inside the countries I was trying to test.

Hi Servando, I read your blog regarding the CDN, and it shows a great comparison between CDN versus dedicated. But in your post you mentioned, CDN can't host PHP. I being taught in the CPA course I attended, to change all my landing page extension from .html to .php. I don't know why, i doubt if it is related to the cpvlab tracking software I use, or the beyond hosting server I use?
Can any senior here advise what is different between .php to .html? Actually i did checked, both file extension (.php & .html) of my LP can load well.

Hi Servando, I read your blog regarding the CDN, and it shows a great comparison between CDN versus dedicated. But in your post you mentioned, CDN can't host PHP. I being taught in the CPA course I attended, to change all my landing page extension from .html to .php. I don't know why, i doubt if it is related to the cpvlab tracking software I use, or the beyond hosting server I use?
Can any senior here advise what is different between .php to .html? Actually i did checked, both file extension (.php & .html) of my LP can load well.
That's probably a question for a programmers forum, but honestly doing a quick Google search will tell you the answer.

You can't use PHP pages in CDNs as they only serve static content. But you can host some part of your landing pages in a dedicated server and the css, JS, HTML and images in your CDN.

HI @servandosilva ,

I just sign up a min bandwidth with beyond hosting today.

Do you have any post to tech step by step how to setup CDN.
Do I need to change any code in my LP if I host the .php LP at dedicated and it's CSS/JS/Image at CDN
How to setup campaign with CDN hosted LP, right now my LP URL with the dedicated server is like domain.com/LP-Folder/index.html, then my CDN also same domain mean my LP URL is same which is domain.com/LP-folder/index.html. Should I change the folder name to make it differentiable?

Sorry, I don't have any knowledge on CDN, just knew it from your post in the blog.

Did you really just spied for some GEOs, picked up 3 offers from AM suggestions, ripped couple landers and from your first days of testing it did 120% ROI just right from the start? Impossible. I have never seen anything like that on pops.

Why would you block out time periods of those screenshots? You said that you run that camp this week, so why would you block those?

Your Lander CTR and ROI greatly exceeds your overall campaign CTR and ROI. Why is that?

Spend on offers is about $300 for 75000 clicks (about 0.004 per click) but on landers you spent $36 for about 24000 clicks or about 0.0015 per click. This does not make any sense.

If you showed offers from one campaign and landers from your other (you did not mention that those are two different camps), then camp where you show landers did 300% ROI right from the start? With Top offers and ripped landers? That is no possible.

It seems to me that you just showed us some old camp that looks very good just to promote zeropark and get commissions from your coupon code.

Not cool, man! Not cool!

Last edited:
HI @servandosilva ,

I just sign up a min bandwidth with beyond hosting today.

Do you have any post to tech step by step how to setup CDN.
Do I need to change any code in my LP if I host the .php LP at dedicated and it's CSS/JS/Image at CDN
How to setup campaign with CDN hosted LP, right now my LP URL with the dedicated server is like domain.com/LP-Folder/index.html, then my CDN also same domain mean my LP URL is same which is domain.com/LP-folder/index.html. Should I change the folder name to make it differentiable?

Sorry, I don't have any knowledge on CDN, just knew it from your post in the blog.

I don't work with BeyondHosting but they should be able to help you setup a CDN or anything especial for your needs I guess.

Since most of my landers are simple or for mobile offers and don't require PHP I just host everything in the CDN, but as far as I know, you don't need to do anything different in your landing pages except changing the code to the new URLs for the images/CSS that you're hosting in your CDN containers.

For example:
- Your landing page is on domain.com/folder/landing.php

However, inside that lander you used to have images in your dedicated that were pointed to: domain.com/folder/images/logo.png

- But now, you upload them in a CDN and then you need to update the links to: cdndomain.com/folder/images/logo.png

That's pretty much it.
Setting up a CDN for a whole website or blog requires a lot more steps but for a landing page is pretty much uploading the files too the CDN and switching the link to that one.

Hope that helps :)

Did you really just spied for some GEOs, picked up 3 offers from AM suggestions, ripped couple landers and from your first days of testing it did 120% ROI just right from the start? Impossible. I have never seen anything like that on pops.

1. Nope. I did rip a few landers and mixed a couple of my own as mentioned which I know work well lately.
Also, I did say that the times from the screens are different because I'm taking a few screenshots after optimizing a bit, but explaining the process behind it.

And if you think making profits with pops after a few days is impossible you're very close minded. I've seen it a lot of times. And not only from my side, but from other affiliates and friends too. I can also see when other affiliates have ripped my landers and got access to the same offer and got profitable after 2-5 days of running it.

It's not very likely and you actually need to get access to a few good offers and understand how traffic works without fear of spending data, but optimizing a pop campaign in 3 days to profit is far from impossible.

Why would you block out time periods of those screenshots? You said that you run that camp this week, so why would you block those?

2. I blocked not only the period, but the search box which I use to organize things and that's the thing I don't want to reveal because it includes either names of offers or landers. I could show the dates from the campaign if that's a problem for you but it doesn't make much sense for several reasons:

a) I could select any range of date and then just select another one before taking the screenshot. So the date doesn't really prove much.
b) I normally check things in a 3-7 day basis. So even if the screenshot includes those it will just say "last 3 days" or "last 7 days" as that's how I usually analyze my data.

Your Lander CTR and ROI greatly exceeds your overall campaign CTR and ROI. Why is that?

3. As for my ROI, this is a very common question actually. When you just see a small quantity of data like this, you could have several placements with super high ROI (for example, placements with 100% ROI or even 3,000 % ROI). On RON traffic that's very common. However, because you're running RON traffic you get traffic from thousands of websites, many of them maybe just sending 100 clicks and 0 conversions, so overall, the ROI is of course not as high as I'd like to.

It would be great to see super high ROI on RON campaigns but it's not something common unless the placements have very little volume. People running 3G mobile traffic for example who spend 1-2 figs per day but they can make 10x more. But again, not very common.

Spend on offers is about $300 for 75000 clicks (about 0.004 per click) but on landers you spent $36 for about 24000 clicks or about 0.0015 per click. This does not make any sense.

4. There is data from several campaigns here. Not all of them have the same CPV and money spent as it depends on the offer payout and budget. I even mentioned launching 3 campaigns at first and blocking one but the other 2 have different CPVs and of course are being run on different countries. You're right about one bid though, which is around 0.005, but the other two campaigns have totally different bids according to the average for that country/OS.

If you showed offers from one campaign and landers from your other (you did not mention that those are two different camps), then camp where you show landers did 300% ROI right from the start? With Top offers and ripped landers? That is no possible.

5. I did mention that I have more than 1 campaign running and I never said all the screenshots were exactly from the same campaign either. I also was very clear that while I wouldn't reveal all the data the optimization process is what's more important here. It could be 3 campaigns or could be 20 campaigns, the optimization process is the same and the rest shouldn't matter for you unless you're just trying to follow everything very close to try to copy the same campaigns/placements.

It seems to me that you just showed us some old camp that looks very good just to promote zeropark and get commissions from your coupon code.

Not cool, man! Not cool!

Please stop making false claims if you don't know. This is NOT an old campaign as I'm spending money right now with them just for this case study.

In fact, you can go to Codewise's office in Poland and verify this for yourself. My manager at Voluum and my manager and Zeropark know I'm running this campaigns and I even had a couple meetings with their team in Berlin where we spoke about the case study and how is the coupon doing so far and they also gave me a few hints behind the curtains of the Voluum DSP and the new features coming for VoluumTRK and Zeropark.

Not cool man... But if you don't like it, nobody is forcing you anyways. There will be always negative feedback and positive feedback. If the coupon is not helpful for you you should't get it anyways.

HI Servando,

I ended up testing:

• 4 landers
  • 2-3 offers (similar offers to split test the Conversion rate)
  • Later added CDN/local VPS to split test

That's why I decided to go for a 20x or higher budget.

- You mentioned you research several countries, so you have above [4 lander/3offer/CDN-VPS] testing in each country?
- You will create only one campaign for all 4 lander/3offer/CDN-VPS in one country or will split them into several campaigns even under the same country? If split, then you will compete against yourself in the same traffic right?
- Your 20x budget is for one campaign or for overall?

zeropark-voluum-case-study-offer-optimization-jpg.6589

zeropark-voluum-case-study-landing-page-optimization-jpg.6590

Based on your stats above;
- Your total visit for LP stats and offer stats is different, this is because difference time range or difference campaign?
- Why the last item in both your Offer & LP stats is 0 click but still have a conversion? Are you perform the action yourself, no problem to perform the action yourself?

I tested 4 landers and all of them performed similarly. So I decided to start split testing VPS vs. Dedicated vs CDN to see if I can gain an extra boost over there.

- When you said you tested the VPS vs dedicated vs CDN after you see they performed similarly, so will you just added the variation into original campaign OR will stop the original campaign and create a new campaign (tested all variation) OR create 3 campaigns which each one testing difference server method (again, this you will compete against yourself).

Sorry for multiple questions, but hopefully you could help to clarify.

BR,
Bryan

I don't work with BeyondHosting but they should be able to help you setup a CDN or anything especial for your needs I guess.

Since most of my landers are simple or for mobile offers and don't require PHP I just host everything in the CDN, but as far as I know, you don't need to do anything different in your landing pages except changing the code to the new URLs for the images/CSS that you're hosting in your CDN containers.

For example:
- Your landing page is on domain.com/folder/landing.php

However, inside that lander you used to have images in your dedicated that were pointed to: domain.com/folder/images/logo.png

- But now, you upload them in a CDN and then you need to update the links to: cdndomain.com/folder/images/logo.png

That's pretty much it.
Setting up a CDN for a whole website or blog requires a lot more steps but for a landing page is pretty much uploading the files too the CDN and switching the link to that one.

Hope that helps :)

Hi Servando,

Thanks, already get it work with CDN already.

Anyway, I did LP check & compare at "GTmetrix | Website Speed and Performance Optimization", both LP are exactly same but hosted at CDN and VPS.
Refer to the comparison below (left is hosted at CDN, right is at VPS), CDN hosted is slightly faster but the page score are so much lower compared to that hosted at VPS. My rep at beyond hosting mentioned that VPS has browser caching but CDN don't. So overall, do you think CDN still good with the page score so much worse?

upload_2016-7-25_22-5-41.png

Hi Servando,

Thanks, already get it work with CDN already.

Anyway, I did LP check & compare at "GTmetrix | Website Speed and Performance Optimization", both LP are exactly same but hosted at CDN and VPS.
Refer to the comparison below (left is hosted at CDN, right is at VPS), CDN hosted is slightly faster but the page score are so much lower compared to that hosted at VPS. My rep at beyond hosting mentioned that VPS has browser caching but CDN don't. So overall, do you think CDN still good with the page score so much worse?

View attachment 6601
Yeah, so the caching will help the more times you test it but when you run traffic most of your users are first timers. Sometimes a good VPS or dedicated can perform better than the CDN but the best way to actually know is just testing.

I recommend you to upload the landing page to both of them and start running traffic to see which one has better CTR and CR and keep running that one.

You did your test from Firefox/Canada. Is that were you're planning to launch your campaign?

HI Servando,

- You mentioned you research several countries, so you have above [4 lander/3offer/CDN-VPS] testing in each country?
- You will create only one campaign for all 4 lander/3offer/CDN-VPS in one country or will split them into several campaigns even under the same country? If split, then you will compete against yourself in the same traffic right?
- Your 20x budget is for one campaign or for overall?

Based on your stats above;
- Your total visit for LP stats and offer stats is different, this is because difference time range or difference campaign?
- Why the last item in both your Offer & LP stats is 0 click but still have a conversion? Are you perform the action yourself, no problem to perform the action yourself?

- When you said you tested the VPS vs dedicated vs CDN after you see they performed similarly, so will you just added the variation into original campaign OR will stop the original campaign and create a new campaign (tested all variation) OR create 3 campaigns which each one testing difference server method (again, this you will compete against yourself).

Sorry for multiple questions, but hopefully you could help to clarify.

BR,
Bryan

No problem man. I'm glad to answer specific questions like this:

1. Yes, several countries and 4 landers and 2-3 offers for each country.
2. Only 1 campaign per country, and I split test offer/lander inside Voluum.
3. 20x for each campaign/country.

Based on stats:
1. Yes, since i launched different campaigns with different CPVs the stats are not going to match 100%. The CTR changes a bit and of course the offers are different in each country, but overall the optimization process is the same. As I cleared above, a campaign had a bid of 0.005 but another is running at 0.002 and another at 0.003, so the stats will be a bit different but I really wanted to launch several campaigns to get fast results and several ways to show you how the optimization process goes.
2. That's the rotator which sends the traffic that doesn't come from an specific country/os to a generic offer. That one goes direct linked to networks like YTZ, Mobusi, Mobidea, Monetizer.co, Bitterstrawberry and others. I'll explain that in more details a bit later.

Variations:
1. Just split tested everything in the same campaign doing everything with voluum. THere's no need to launch a new campaign or a campaign for each test in the traffic source.

Hope this helps :)

Yeah, so the caching will help the more times you test it but when you run traffic most of your users are first timers. Sometimes a good VPS or dedicated can perform better than the CDN but the best way to actually know is just testing.

I recommend you to upload the landing page to both of them and start running traffic to see which one has better CTR and CR and keep running that one.

You did your test from Firefox/Canada. Is that were you're planning to launch your campaign?

Hi Servando,

No, i will run it at southeast asia, but i can't change the testing country, maybe i am using free version.
Actually i already upload both, just want to clarify and understand better.

Variations:
1. Just split tested everything in the same campaign doing everything with voluum. THere's no need to launch a new campaign or a campaign for each test in the traffic source.

Thanks Servando for details explanation / clarification.

If you added a new variation into the original campaign, which you might already do some blacklisting on target (placements/device/OS), then your new added variation are going to test against these blacklisted targets, then will this be accurate?
I think more significant apply to placements, let say i already blacklisted "abcdomain.com" in my original campaign after running for few days. Then suddenly i have idea/new angle LP added into this original campaign, which might suite for this blacklisted abcdomain.com, but i since already blacklisted this placement then my might loosing an opportunity here. Am i right?

@servandosilva absolutely Golden thread, constantly giving to the AM community, it is amazing to see. So thank you.

couple of questions:
a) Geo - are they Tier 1,2,3
b) On Zeropark do you look at the position? and do you find the quality of traffic is better with the higher bids?
c) can we have a heads up on the vertical?

and thanks once again!

Thanks Servando for details explanation / clarification.

If you added a new variation into the original campaign, which you might already do some blacklisting on target (placements/device/OS), then your new added variation are going to test against these blacklisted targets, then will this be accurate?
I think more significant apply to placements, let say i already blacklisted "abcdomain.com" in my original campaign after running for few days. Then suddenly i have idea/new angle LP added into this original campaign, which might suite for this blacklisted abcdomain.com, but i since already blacklisted this placement then my might loosing an opportunity here. Am i right?

Great question and this is something I wanted to explain in the update but i'll explain it now.

So when I'm optimizing my campaigns, specifically talking about targets there are a few things I consider.

1. target has bot/fake traffic? then I just block it
2. target converts but losing money (ROI less than maybe -70%), probably pause it too
3. target converts but losing money (ROI above -50%) keep it running and test more angles or try to adjust bids or get a better offer that pays more before pausing it
4. target converts and is profitable, DON'T PAUSE IT of course

So in this case, if i think there are a few targets with potential that maybe are losing money but I can still split test offers, angles or even offer payouts from different networks, I'll not pause it because as you mention it, I want it to be there when testing all those variations instead of losing more potential volume.

Also a key thing about getting pay bumps is bringing as much volume as possible, so if a target still loses money (e.g. -10% ROI) or it's breaking even I won't pause it at all just to have more volume and conversions.

hello servando can you please show how to setup zeropark with voluum ?

i can't see zeropark as a traffic template in my account
Zeropark is the one traffic source that you don't need to add because it's already there. If you go to your traffic sources pages, you'll see Zeropark is already added.

banners
Back