The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Urgent!!! What's the Use of VPS, Tracker and Verticals in Affiliate Marketing?

Hello FIX'ers.
@TJ Tutor recently set immediate goals for a new member of the forum - he is also new to Affiliate Marketing. The goals included
1. Get a VPS.
2. Get a Vertical.
3. Get a Tracker
4. Get a Traffic Source.

My question goes thus. Why do I need to achieve goals 1-3? What are the importance of these things??
Also the traffic sources I am quite aware of are Ads, Social Media. Please are there any other sources?? Kindly state the other sources.

Thanks for the reply.

How about you'd do first your homework? :)

You will find most of your answers here:
What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE) | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

+ we have a complete forum about hosting, in which you will also find answers ;)
Domains and Hosting | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

@TJ Tutor recently set immediate goals for a new member of the forum - he is also new to Affiliate Marketing.
BTW, @T J Tutor is not new in Affiliate Marketing, rather, he is an experienced rabbit therein ;)

Hello FIX'ers.
@TJ Tutor recently set immediate goals for a new member of the forum - he is also new to Affiliate Marketing. The goals included
1. Get a VPS.
2. Get a Vertical.
3. Get a Tracker
4. Get a Traffic Source.

My question goes thus. Why do I need to achieve goals 1-3? What are the importance of these things??
Also the traffic sources I am quite aware of are Ads, Social Media. Please are there any other sources?? Kindly state the other sources.

Thanks for the reply.

VPS
The reason to have a VPS is simple. A shared server is a favorite device of spammers because it's cheap and the spammer fully expects they will have their account shut down within a few days to a few weeks. They use the shared servers to send out spam mail. It is rampant. When they are sending out their spam mail, they cause the CPU's to rev up, it's called "throttling". When the servers are being throttled, anyone else on the shared server will suffer great performance declines causing their sites and pages to load very slowly and this is a problem for a marketer. Shared servers do not have load balancing on them.

In addition, you need to learn how to manage your own server in the beginning and to do this, you need (at a minimum) a VPS or a CDN. Not only will your sites load very fast, you will learn to manage your email accounts, manage the server through the cPanel, manage the server through the WHM, and all of the other areas of server management. You need this knowledge. Later on down the road, you may also have someone else manage your servers and you will have the knowledge to discuss with them your needs for server management.

A VPS is only about $30 per month and is a small investment compared to the expense of your traffic, landing pages, etc.

Vertical
Verticals are the titles given to the top tier of niches. For example, Wealth & Money, Relationships, Health & Beauty, are vertical examples in which you will drill down to a more specific and less general niche to promote and master. Promoting a niche in a vertical is what we do, it is at the core of what we do. You must learn to masterfully promote a single niche before moving onto promoting other niches. Remember, your first few months are about learning to master the basics, so once you select a niche to promote as a Newbie, don't give up on it, don't switch to another niche, stick with it until you master it. Once you learn do this, you can master any niche there after.

Tracker
You tracker is your life line. You must make your tracker your best friend. You cannot do this work, or become a master of this business, without becoming a master of your tracker!

This is a data driven business and our success depends on tracker data. It will be the single most important tool you use in this business. It is an intelligence tool that provides the data crucial to turning campaigns into profits.

As a Newbie it is important to master a single vertical niche, a tracker, and a traffic source. Just one of each in the beginning. If you try to do more than that in the beginning, you will get disoriented, confused, and overwhelmed.

@T J Tutor Thanks for the information. Then I guess I have everything in place except the VPS. My budget can't carry that for now. Moreover I am testing a niche, upon successful testing I can move forward to VPS. Thanks once again.

Hello FIX'ers.
1. Get a VPS.
2. Get a Vertical.
3. Get a Tracker
4. Get a Traffic Source.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi tobi,

About traffic sources there are millions out there, but one advice i can give u to think about the vertical u want to promote before make ur choice on traffic source...

For example if u want use ppv(propel media, lead impact, 50onRed etc...) make sure that match up very well with ur vertical(dating,bizzop,insurance etc...) u can ask directly to the network or ur AM (its what i always do before launch) wat offers convert the best with those traffic network.

Vps is very important too, u need to install all ur landers and tracker in there so make sure to chosse the best one( for me beyond hosting) as u will need a fast load content and great support.

About tracker i personally use cpvlab which is very good. U will need to track ur conversion properly in oerder to see wat works and wat doesn't.

Ps: without tracker u will never make money.

Hope this help!

Jonathan

Hi tobi,

About traffic sources there are millions out there, but one advice i can give u to think about the vertical u want to promote before make ur choice on traffic source...

For example if u want use ppv(propel media, lead impact, 50onRed etc...) make sure that match up very well with ur vertical(dating,bizzop,insurance etc...) u can ask directly to the network or ur AM (its what i always do before launch) wat offers convert the best with those traffic network.

Vps is very important too, u need to install all ur landers and tracker in there so make sure to chosse the best one( for me beyond hosting) as u will need a fast load content and great support.

About tracker i personally use cpvlab which is very good. U will need to track ur conversion properly in oerder to see wat works and wat doesn't.

Ps: without tracker u will never make money.

Hope this help!

Jonathan

Thanks so much. How good does Google Analytics sound as a tracker??

banners
Back