The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Seeking Help I made a huge mistake with Hostinger vps, Anyone has same issue before?

I am used to window vps running through my rdp. i used to use Contabo (i still feel they are the cheapest), but paying for their monthly subscription is a whole lot heck from my end. Sadly contabo does not accept crypto which is more easier for me to make payment with.

However, while i was searching for alternative, i got into this Hostinger vps, which i think was ok. But my mistake was i did not read properly to know they do not have window vps.
I had made payment for 1year via crypto (which is non-refundable).

While i was trying to set up the vps, i got to know that there is no window os. All are just linux and the likes.

I have never used Linux before.

After back and forth, reading, engaging their support, i tried to installed the ubuntu with desktop and after much stress in trying to connect the via my window rdp, i got the ubuntu set up, but it was extremely slow and practically unusable to even browse not even to move cursor on.

I really feel helpless and sad. I wasted time, energy and funds on this.

I eventually discussed with the support to make refund, but they can only refund into the hostinger account and not back to my wallet. However, the support gave me 2 options on how the credited fund can be used, and i copied her word-for-word below:

---------------------------------------------
The credits will stay there until it is used.
However, if you really wish to use it, perhaps, you can purchase a domain, and then, the domain can be transferred to another account.
That is the only possible way I can see to help you use the balance for another account.

--------------------------------------------

Thank you for your understanding!
Also, if you wish, if someone needs a hosting plan, you can purchase the plan and then you can give the account to that person by changing the email account so they can use it for them.
--------------------------------------------------

However, i want to ask, has anyone been in my position before? How did you do it, were you able to get the ubuntu to work or what did you do.

I will really appreciate to read from you guys.

Why do you really need a Windows IIS server?
If a server application that you must run is only ported for windows that's one thing.

However, if it's for the reason of the limit of your current abilities --learn to use an unmanaged LINUX server in ssh --it's incredibly cheap and the performance and security is tested to be much better (once you know what you are doing).

In the long run the investment will save you a lot of money.

If you are currently generating substantial revenue and profit --just get a managed LINUX server and pay a pro to run it for you --just do what makes you money; like: marketing, media buying and SEO.

window vps running through my rdp

Windows server is not a good option for what we do. you need to use CPanel on VPS from a company like liquid Web.

I really feel helpless and sad. I wasted time, energy and funds on this.

This is what happens every time anyone tries to use cheap and inappropriate servers for what we do. Stop being cheap about your server and stop using a Windows interface. You need a solid VPD, CPanel, and WHM.

STOP BEING CHEAP! It only brings trouble!

if someone needs a hosting plan, you can purchase the plan and then you can give the account to that person by changing the email account so they can use it for them.

This is not ever going to happen. In most cases it violates the servers companies TOS, but it also requires the original buyer to be at risk.

Just get a VISA Debit Card and get a real server, as well as the other tools you require.

were you able to get the ubuntu

You are trying to be a developer technician and you don't have the training for it. If you are using Unbutu, then get a developer to manage it for you. Otherwise, get a server that is easy for you to manage: VPS, CPanel, and WHM!

Last edited:
Switching from Windows VPS to Linux can indeed be a game-changer. Ubuntu with a desktop might have seemed promising, but slow performance can be a downer.

Props to you for reaching out to Hostinger support. About the refund options – tricky situation! Have you considered checking out alternatives like for your next venture? They might just be the sweet spot for your Windows VPS needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using KDE Ubuntu desktop for years "Kubuntu" for over 10 years now --no real issues at all.

I am not into gaming, that may require a Windows platform and I'm not dependent on any Windows ported applications, like: Office others ...

LINUX resource use is much better than Windows and application speed is much better that Windows ever was.

In addition a LINUX system is open source code and can be modified to suit your needs if you are technically adept.

Also you have a direct terminal connection available to your servers with no middleware needed.

Windows VPS to Linux
I can make my own SSH Tunnels for a VPS from any LINUX system if I have ssh access
Bash:
ssh -ND  [port to use] user@[ip or domain]  -vvv

/usr/bin/chromium-browser --user-data-dir="$HOME/proxy-profile" \
 --proxy-server="socks5://localhost:[port]"

Last edited:
Windows VPS to Linux
The only times I see IIS servers used (Windows) are when there is some dependence on
the server applications,
or the software,
and or the technical expertise, used by the business running the servers,
limited or restricted to; Microsoft applications or coding.

1704933107255.png

banners
Back