The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Should I start affiliate business in 2017?

Affiliate Business or Drop Shipping?

• Affiliate

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Dropship

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Konstantin Weber

affiliate
Hi everyone. I would be more than happy if you can give me advice.
So, I'm just about to start my affiliate business with Amazon and today I found an article. It says that no one in 2017 should be doing affiliate business, because it's exhausted and dropshipping is the only model for today if you're serious about making money online. In your opinion, is it true?

Here is the article: alidropship.com/drop-shipping-businesses-rules-2017

Hello, i have been in the affiliation industry for 10 years. I worked for various networks and now on my own. I still use affiliation as my core business and i would definitely say that it is still a good model. Of course much harder that it used to be but there are so many ways to make money on affiliation, even if you have to work harder than some years ago. Affiliation on facebook with amazon is a great place to take. Create a page, do the buzz and sell amazon products on it. It works. As an example. But yes if you are in a hurry to make business RIGHT NOW and you don't know anything, it may take a bit more time. Maybe i am wrong but that's my feeling.

If this is what it says in that article, than don't start. Does it say something about people already doing affiliate marketing? Should we give it up, too?

Hi everyone. I would be more than happy if you can give me advice.
So, I'm just about to start my affiliate business with Amazon and today I found an article. It says that no one in 2017 should be doing affiliate business, because it's exhausted and dropshipping is the only model for today if you're serious about making money online. In your opinion, is it true?

Here is the article: alidropship.com/drop-shipping-businesses-rules-2017

You do realize that link is to a drop shipping company, right? What do you expect them to say? Geesh!

Per AM Navigator

1. U.S. affiliate marketing spend nears $5B. That is twice the economy of Belize

2. UK affiliate marketing drives ~1% of the country’s total GDP (more than industry of agriculture)

3. Affiliate marketing ROI in the UK amounts to £15 per every £1 spent; with 4 in 5 Britons involved

4. 40% of marketing professionals quote affiliate marketing as the most desired digital skill

5. Approximately 15% of all digital media industry’s revenue comes from affiliate marketing

6. 78% of CMOs admit affiliate marketing to be their least mastered area of digital marketing

7. Developed affiliate programs account for generating 15% to 30% of all advertiser’s online sales

8. Over 80% of brands utilize affiliate marketing

9. 38% of marketers call affiliate marketing one of the top customer acquisition methods

10. In 2015 Amazon.com revenue surpassed $100B. Likely, its affiliates generated at least $10B of it

11. In the UK brands spend £1.3B a year on affiliate marketing and lead generation

12. Nearly 50% of affiliate-referred traffic originates from a mobile device

13. More than 30% of affiliate-generated sales originate from a mobile device

14. As early as in 2008 Amazon’s affiliate program already had over 2 million affiliates aboard

15. Rakuten’s aquisition of Ebates for $1 billion marked largest amount paid for an affiliate

16. More than 75% of Australian market is owned by one affiliate network, Commission Factory

17. ShareASale affiliate network has more than 1,000,000 affiliate accounts registered

18. Over 50% of top affiliate programs fall into 4 categories: Fashion, Sports, Health & Beauty, Travel

19. In most affiliate programs less than 10% of affiliates drive 90% of traffic and conversions

20. Pay-per-call affiliate marketing campaigns convert at 10-15% (vs 2-3% online conversion rate)

If this is what it says in that article, than don't start. Does it say something about people already doing affiliate marketing? Should we give it up, too?

It's one of the fastest growing industries in the world!

It's one of the fastest growing industries in the world!

I was trying to be sarcastic. I mean there are hundreds and hundreds of success stories only on this forum, tens of thousands of pages on the internet talking about how lucrative is affiliate marketing and this guy found one article about why we shouldn't do AM and he took it as being true. I'm doing AM since 2005 and don't plan to change it for anything else.

MI
Back