The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Question regarding server/tracking

R

_r123

Hello,
I'm in the process of getting into mobile marketing and have a question regarding my server/tracking. I'm undecided whether to go with a self-hosted tracking solution or one in the cloud.

I plan on hosting my landing pages on a CDN so that's covered.

If I'm able to get a VPS in the same geographical region as where I'm advertising, would it be better to use FunnelFlux or Thrive? Or should I ditch that idea and use a tracking tool like Voluum?

Edit: I'm well aware of the advantages of using a cloud tool like Voluum due to latency on mobile devices, however, if I'm just staring out and CAN get a VPS in the same country or nearby; will I have a larger advantage with one of the self-hosted options?

hay @_r123
okay i will answer Some Of your Questions .
if i have lots of good campaigns i will use self-hosted tracker like thrive + my dedicated server because am sure no one can take a look at my campaigns + will be cheaper and faster then cloud. if i just started i will go with cloud hosted :) adsbradge as an example .

If I'm able to get a VPS in the same geographical region as where I'm advertising, would it be better to use FunnelFlux or Thrive?
yes absolutely but that can't happen because cpa marketers are looking for GEO and OFFER that converts , and your rule as a CPA marketer is to test lots of GEOs with offers offers and find some thing profitable and scale it :).

at the end i want to say don't think lot .
use Cloud Hosted tracking tool + a good vps with CDN will be good .
and start working, after a couple weeks you will know what's the best for you :) .

You have self-hosted options like CPVlab that are great
and cloud hosted like voluum
the delivery of your ads wont be affected if your using self-hosted or cloud
what matters is your LPs hosting, you said you have CDN so i think you're covered

I have CPVLab hosted on DigitalOcean
and my LP on CDN
dont pay more then 20 USD month

just my 2 cents

Do you find CPVLab accurate when tracking mobile campaigns? Which version do you have it?
yes it's Good for mobile You just need to update a file with cronjob every 24hour and this can be done automatically .
it's really Good tracking tool.
do you have a problem with mobile campaigns ?

Never used it for mobile traffic, only for desktop and I was curious if it is a viable mobile tracking option. I must read again the manual and set up a test. Thanks!
yes it is , i used it personally for mobile campaigns works like a charm :)
any questions let me know :)

Thrive is not just self-hosted.
We have a globally distributed Cloud Service as well. Most of our business are generated from big successful affiliates using our Cloud Service.
Contact our support for a quote or submit contact form.

Thanks for the reply (Tom I think it is?).
I'll be sure to check out Thrive once I get my new server running how I like :)
Not quite ready to spend $300/month for Cloud tracking although the self-hosted option looks appealing.

Thanks for the reply (Tom I think it is?).
I'll be sure to check out Thrive once I get my new server running how I like :)
Not quite ready to spend $300/month for Cloud tracking although the self-hosted option looks appealing.

If you contact our support, they may be able to set you up with a discount, depending on your requirements

MI
Back