The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Ryan Bartman

affiliate
Hey everyone,

So I just started a new campaign on Outbrain using VoluumDSP and started out bidding a bit too low for CPM I think on a $50/budget on "Smooth." My CPM bid was 0.53 to start in a suggested bid range of 0.23-1.53.

My Win Rate after a day's worth of spend was 34%. I got 303,000 impressions but only 42 total visits, leaving me with an iCTR of 0.01%.

I truly think the creatives are solid but I think I ended up bidding on a lot of lower tier placements. I was thinking of increasing my bid to really "rev the engine" at say $1.53 and then scale back throughout the day. However, now that these creatives are associated with such a low iCTR, do you think I should submit the creatives as new again so that their numbers are fresh and then bid high to start? Thus, I would get a higher iCTR for these creatives right away and perhaps have Outbrain favor them more? Let me know what you guys think.

**Put another way: Has anyone experienced ads not winning bids/not getting shown due to very low iCTRs associated with said ads?**

Last edited:
banners
Back