“webinar”/ “webinar”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Null

Vote for the DOJO!

Guest,

The Dojo is coming back and in a big way.

We need all of you to help decide whether to keep the honored and timeless name as it is, "The DOJO", or change it to something new. VOTE NOW, CLICK NOW for the Dojo Name.

The AffiliateFix Team

Outbrain CTR & Bidding Question

Discussion in 'Testing, Optimization and Scaling' started by Ryan Bartman, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Ryan Bartman

Ryan Bartman Affiliate affiliate

Hey everyone,

So I just started a new campaign on Outbrain using VoluumDSP and started out bidding a bit too low for CPM I think on a $50/budget on "Smooth." My CPM bid was 0.53 to start in a suggested bid range of 0.23-1.53.

My Win Rate after a day's worth of spend was 34%. I got 303,000 impressions but only 42 total visits, leaving me with an iCTR of 0.01%.

I truly think the creatives are solid but I think I ended up bidding on a lot of lower tier placements. I was thinking of increasing my bid to really "rev the engine" at say $1.53 and then scale back throughout the day. However, now that these creatives are associated with such a low iCTR, do you think I should submit the creatives as new again so that their numbers are fresh and then bid high to start? Thus, I would get a higher iCTR for these creatives right away and perhaps have Outbrain favor them more? Let me know what you guys think.

**Put another way: Has anyone experienced ads not winning bids/not getting shown due to very low iCTRs associated with said ads?**

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  2. Voluum
MI