The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Niche Website From Start To Finish

readersheds dot co dot uk seems to be my main competition

They have a nice looking site, I didn't actually read anything, just looked at the homepage. If you check them in Alexa and Similarweb, I think that you can compete with them given a bit of time to build up. Heck, use them for inspiration if you need to.

i can sign up but after entering my details it asks you to pay £5 or if you have an invitation code, it's free.

Some keyword ideas

"Choosing a shed"

This could be a post about working out how big you want the shed to be, how much space you have to put the shed up in, what the shed will be made from, also the shape.

I want to structure the site in sections.

Like for example;

before you have a shed

choosing a shed
getting the ground prepared
erecting the shed (diy vs paying someone to put it up for you)

when the shed is up

security
- padlocks
- cctv

etc etc

do you reckon it'd be better to make these pages or posts?

There is also a website pubsheds dot com but it looks like that hasnt been updated since 2015

Some keyword ideas

"Choosing a shed"

This could be a post about working out how big you want the shed to be, how much space you have to put the shed up in, what the shed will be made from, also the shape.

Contractors vs DIY vs Prefab?

Subtopics:
- how to choose/what to look for a contractor (incl. the licensing)
- how much money do you need for a realistic contractor budget
- (do you need a permit to build vs using existing structure?)

- DIY tools/plans

- Types of available sheds to buy ready-made

Comparison of the three - pros and cons

It's early, I haven't much sleep or coffee, so maybe those are useless. :)

none of your ideas are useless az!

these are all great ideas for thank you!

i've decided i will do them as posts then i can create a page and link to the posts.

these are all great ideas for thank you!

You're welcome!

i've decided i will do them as posts then i can create a page and link to the posts.

Sorry, meant to respond to this but forgot. Yeah, need coffee. I use regular posts most of the time for regular type entries and pages for special stuff (legal stuff, special offer, etc.).

I also installed a plugin that lets me tag pages, so if someone navigates by category, they show up in the list.

You're welcome!

Sorry, meant to respond to this but forgot. Yeah, need coffee. I use regular posts most of the time for regular type entries and pages for special stuff (legal stuff, special offer, etc.).

I also installed a plugin that lets me tag pages, so if someone navigates by category, they show up in the list.

could you please tell bit more about the plugin?

is there a thing that tells you what keywords your website are currently ranking for even if it's really bad?

yeah but in that website you still have to come up with the keywords yourself

If you use one of the free tools to check competitor's sites and which kws they rank for, just put in your site. I tried one for you but your site wasn't in their database yet.

There is also this article on Moz that tells you how to get an idea of your keyword rankings via your Analytics and Webmaster Tools: What Keywords Do I Rank For?

That article also says that you will never know all your keyword rankings, simply because G doesn't want you to. That's Google.

Re footer widget 3 - important links, store if you're planning on setting one up, link to your resource page, link to disclosure page, FAQ, link to forum page, RSS feed...

That's all the ideas that I have at the moment. :)

Brilliant! Thanks for those suggestions!

I'll add them to my first post and I'll try and keep that updated.

You're right, you don't need a license as long as you're not selling the alcohol.

It's basically someone's shed which they turn into a pub.

I suppose the equivalent for you Americans would be "Man Cave"
Google 'Man Cave' sites to examine their approach to the market, biz plan, articles, links, etc. Learn from those who have beaten the path before you.

banners
Back