The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Niche and Promotion

When starting as an affiliate the best thing one should do is it to pick niches related to each other or try different ones and see which works better?
What are your advices?

Great questions.

So, there are a few dominant opinions on this. Some say "follow your passion" to determine what niches to pursue. Others say "follow the trends" or "follow the money".

Virtually every niche can be profitable. Of course there are many that will offer a more robust opportunity and those that will offer a less robust opportunity. Some niches are small and very profitable. Some are very large and can be very profitable.

The best advice I can give you as a Newbie is to focus on what is currently producing, what is highly (or reasonably) competitive, and that which responds to lower priced traffic sources.

You see, where you start in this industry is not where you will typically settle in. In the beginning you should be completely focused on developing your skill sets with selecting offers, developing good relationships with affiliate managers, learning to manage traffic and traffic sources, getting a "set of brains" on writing good copy for your creatives and landers, establishing your routines for bringing them all together as a funnel.

Once you have your initial learning curve well established and understand all of the fundamental requirements to achieve a positive ROI, have made your tracker your best friend, and come to the understanding that this is a "data" business, then you can begin to decide whether following your passions and work in those niches or simply be a "follow the trends" guy with your business.

Short answer is:
  • Pick one highly competitive niche to start (only one).
  • Join two affiliate networks (no more).
  • Get a tracker, an absolute necessity.
  • Get a VPS.
  • Select two traffic sources (no more).
  • Get an intelligence platform. This is now an imperative!
  • Establish a reasonable budget.
  • Plan on at least a couple of months to establish your new business and getting through your initial learning curve.
This is a business, treat it as such and you will do fine. Understand that this is an explosively growing industry and there will always be new learning curves for you as platforms, tools, practices, and policies evolve. I've been this industry from the beginning and I am still learning everyday while trying to keep up with the bleeding edge.

well you need to be sure that the niche you choose you like and you have a passion but also to make sure its a niche where people buy products because it doesnt matter how much passion you have and you create the best content in the world ,if its not a niche with buyers you will not make money .So you nee to find a balance of both
Also people make the mistake to choose the best niche and they dont know nothing about it and they give up
For example in my case in the past i choose to promote diabetes niche on forums ,the niche was great but the problem was i that my knowledge about diabtes was alsmost 0 so i was posting low answers and spamy posts on forums nevause i dont know to much about it ,so i decided to quit

you can choose either way, but trying all the niches will require a lot of budget, with a sunny side that, if you find the right niche, it will be a real success.
I believe it really depends on the budget.

MI
Back