The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Jumping back into Mobile Affiliate Marketing 2018

jonte

Hi all,
I've been absent from the Affiliate Marketing scene for almost 2 years now. I had been playing with Crypto Currencies on my hiatus from AM as I'm an avid Bitcoin enthusiast after I first got into it in 2011. Of course with the crypto boom of December 2017/January 2018 I was playing the markets and it seemed like nothing could lose.

So anyway, with some of my crypto profits I'm investing back into AM, namely pops to begin with. I had some success in mid to late 2016 with adult dating offers on mobile pops, see this thread, but eventually the offers I had died out and I got distracted with other things. I have some knowledge on pops and how to optimise them so this time around I plan to branch out to sweeps and other offers along with my trusty adult dating.

Enough talk. I've been back doing AM for 2 weeks at this stage and I have a few campaigns up and running. The GEOs I'm targeting are SE/AU/KO/TH with a mix of sweeps and adult dating. I'm using Popads, Propeller and testing Advertizer as well.

First 22 days of starting AM again:
vV9btUT.png

I gathered a lot of useful data and didn't lose a lot of money at all.

Today so far (12 hours into today):
X59duKn.png

Today I started a couple of my most promising campaigns, that I have managed to get in the green on Popads, on Advertizer to test it out. So far so good, each conversion seems to increase the traffic coming to the offer by a large amount. It apparently also auto-optimises the traffic as you get conversions.

I will try to update this thread as often as possible.

Useful Tip:
- Use a Monetizer Smartlink on your LP back-button redirect to monetize the bounce traffic. I've done this on my campaigns and the earnings are far more than you'd think.

Not too much to report today. I noticed one of my campaigns CTR was rapidly decreasing. At first I thought it was the domain being blacklisted but it wasn't. I decided to pause my campaigns and setup an AWS CDN so my LPs would load much faster since maybe the CTR issue was due to slow load times with the increased traffic to my server.

Another thing I noticed was the first half of yesterday I got about 12 leads on this one campaign I've been working with. However, the second half of the day I got 0 leads even though I increased the traffic to the LPs. I got double the traffic compared to the first half of the day but got 0 leads whereas in the first half of the day I got 12 leads. I'm thinking there's an issue with the offer itself. Maybe they aren't posting back conversions or it's seriously delayed.

I'll update again tomorrow. I'm resuming the campaigns now.

Useful Tip:
- Use a Monetizer Smartlink on your LP back-button redirect to monetize the bounce traffic. I've done this on my campaigns and the earnings are far more than you'd think.

Great tip!

Another thing I noticed was the first half of yesterday I got about 12 leads on this one campaign I've been working with. However, the second half of the day I got 0 leads even though I increased the traffic to the LPs.

Could this just be a time of day thing? I mean, that traffic converts in the mornings, for whatever reason. I'm assuming that you're tracking hourly data to find out.

Why don't you make a test buy -- best to have a friend do it on his card then there is no connection. Make sure that sale is credited with your funnel <= if the problem is not resolved shortly.

It is hard with limited sales data to establish patterns. Small scale sales run in streaks sometimes.

You say you are using 3 ad networks for traffic? That can complicate establishing data sets for sales projections too ;)

Why don't you make a test buy -- best to have a friend do it on his card then there is no connection. Make sure that sale is credited with your funnel <= if the problem is not resolved shortly.

It is hard with limited sales data to establish patterns. Small scale sales run in streaks sometimes.

You say you are using 3 ad networks for traffic? That can complicate establishing data sets for sales projections too ;)
Well the thing is I'm using Advertizer a lot recently because you only pay per conversion and as long as your account stays 75% or higher (their algorithm for eCPM) you can stay posting/running campaigns. The more conversions, the more traffic they send. So yesterday I got 1 conversion at 06:00 and then the traffic increased then I got 2 conversions at 09:00 and then I got 6 conversions at 10:00-11:00 and then 10 conversions at 12:00-13:00 but suddenly after that all the conversions dropped off and I didn't get a single conversion despite almost double the traffic being sent to the offer compare the the previous hours. So since I got so many conversions in a short space of time the Advertizer algorithm was sending more of the same traffic to the campaign yet the offer just stopped converting after that so I had to pause the traffic to stay above 75% on Advertizer.

Great tip!

Could this just be a time of day thing? I mean, that traffic converts in the mornings, for whatever reason. I'm assuming that you're tracking hourly data to find out.
It could be, however I live in the exact same timezone as the offer and the conversions all cut off at about noon midday which doesn't make sense. It would make sense if it was midnight I suppose, but dropping off in the middle of the day after getting ~20 conversions from 4am-12pm doesn't make sense to me.

Advertizer (this is part of popads?
>>>QUOTE="jonte, post: 570795, member: 40363"]I have managed to get in the green on Popads, on Advertizer to test it out. ) <<< so they are controlling the offer too --- participating in the profit from your efforts (am I understanding this right?) If so, I like :)

Adult (and many other things) will die off on a Saturday afternoon (was that your local time?)
It's not part of Popads it's a different site. Yeah so it's pay-per-conversion and as you get conversions they optimise the traffic over time for you to get the highest CR possible. The more conversions you get, the better your position gets so you get more and (in theory) better targeted traffic.

Also the offer was sweeps and all the conversions stopped after midday Friday.

Advertizer (this is part of popads?
>>>QUOTE="jonte, post: 570795, member: 40363"]I have managed to get in the green on Popads, on Advertizer to test it out. ) <<< so they are controlling the offer too --- participating in the profit from your efforts (am I understanding this right?) If so, I like :)

Adult (and many other things) will die off on a Saturday afternoon (was that your local time?)

Hi all, another update.

I have the world's strangest issue with my landing page flows in BeMob. So I have one flow that contains LP4 and LP5 and another flow that just contains LP4. They both have the same offers in each flow.

Now the first flow with 2 LPs in it gets around a 10-13% CTR whereas the second flow only gets 0.4-0.6% CTR.

Now you may be saying, well obviously LP5 just has a much higher CTR but that's wrong. In Flow 1 they both have the same CTR which is ~13%. So LP4 performs much worse by itself than split tested with LP5 which MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL! Can anyone help? BeMob support have said they're working on it for the past 2 days everytime I ask but it doesn't seem like they're doing anything.

Handy tip:
ALWAYS split test offers from different networks. The below image is the last couple hours of data from the same offer on 2 different networks. You can see one network has 6 conversions and ~87% ROI and the other has 0! Find the offer you're promoting on multiple networks to see which one converts better.

9eVgRja.png

people got paid and went to the bank off for the weekend to party? maybe

The ad network is a participant in your profit so they should treat you right -- it is to their direct benefit.

Last edited:
IMO, you got so many middlemen involved that it's had to tell (pinpoint the reason).

What is the constant between the A/B test LP and the single LP traffic funnels or is there some difference.
Meaning: is LP/A the same as LP1 traffic(geo-or user targets equal) one of your LP.

Are the Landing Pages all on the same server.
You need to verify these reported stats buy checking your webserver's access.log All tools are limited is real depth analysis

Actual sales conversions are reported by the sponsor (offer owner) either; to the affiliate, or to the affiliate network's sub-affiliate (or network member < if you prefer that term.)

I cannot attest to the accuracy of Bemob but I believe it to be at least statistically relative in you scenario.

It's possible you are having some webserver latency or error in the poorly performing LP. Do you have full access to the webserver on a VPS or dedicated server? You will need that to trouble shoot.

We haven't even touched the possibilities of user variations or the possibility of bot, tor or some other automated traffic.

By splitting ad network sources into the same test scenario you may be complicating your analysis too.

Apples make applesauce, and Oranges make orange juice; what is the common denominator here? Is there one?
Thanks for your reply. There is no difference between LP4 in Flow 1 and LP4 in Flow 2. It's the same URL, same exact webhost, same exact files. The only difference between the flows is that Flow 1 has LP4 and LP5 and Flow 2 only has LP4. LP4 in Flow 1 has a far higher CTR than LP4 in Flow 2 with the exact same traffic, exact same geo, exact same targeting. It's honestly very very strange, I'm thinking it's some sort of error with BeMob but their support keeps dragging me along without ever looking into the issue.

Exactly what are you testing? Affiliate networks with the same offer? Are you trying to test affiliate network accuracy or honesty? Then the above still would apply.

Are you looking for a fair accounting :D There is no transparency in what you are doing. This is all assumptive reasoning.

Hint: Some people have been shaving and using slippage to cut their affiliate payments since Day 2 of the Internet. Note: I say *some* you just need an overview like EPC.

I'm afraid I don't fully understand. I have a campaign with 1 offer that I'm testing. I have found that one offer on 2 of my affiliate networks so I have put them both in the campaign to split test performance. One offer pays slightly more per conversion (which also happens to be the better performing one). Are you telling me that I shouldn't be split-testing the same offers from different networks?

Ah I see, exactly right! Sounds like the good old days of IM was much better haha.

A little screenshot update, we're halfway through the day. I've been working on moving a campaign to Zeropark as I've never tried ZP and have heard good things about quality and volume. I also like the look of the auto-optimization rules you can use to cut targets/sources.

For my first zeropark campaign I started yesterday I've got a 0.0614 EPC today versus a 0.0379 EPC yesterday. This is thanks to the auto-optimization rules. I've been bidding up on low eCPA sources and targets and pausing/bidding down on high eCPA sources. Seems to be working well and there is a lot of traffic for certain GEOs.

4dXi1RF.png

Last edited:
IMO, you got so many middlemen involved that it's had to tell (pinpoint the reason).

What is the constant between the A/B test LP and the single LP traffic funnels or is there some difference.
Meaning: is LP/A the same as LP1 traffic(geo-or user targets equal) one of your LP.

Are the Landing Pages all on the same server.
You need to verify these reported stats buy checking your webserver's access.log All tools are limited is real depth analysis

Actual sales conversions are reported by the sponsor (offer owner) either; to the affiliate, or to the affiliate network's sub-affiliate (or network member < if you prefer that term.)

I cannot attest to the accuracy of Bemob but I believe it to be at least statistically relative in you scenario.

It's possible you are having some webserver latency or error in the poorly performing LP. Do you have full access to the webserver on a VPS or dedicated server? You will need that to trouble shoot.

We haven't even touched the possibilities of user variations or the possibility of bot, tor or some other automated traffic.

By splitting ad network sources into the same test scenario you may be complicating your analysis too.

Apples make applesauce, and Oranges make orange juice; what is the common denominator here? Is there one?

Handy tip:
ALWAYS split test offers from different networks. The below image is the last couple hours of data from the same offer on 2 different networks

Exactly what are you testing? Affiliate networks with the same offer? Are you trying to test affiliate network accuracy or honesty? Then the above still would apply.

Are you looking for a fair accounting :D There is no transparency in what you are doing. This is all assumptive reasoning.

Hint: Some people have been shaving and using slippage to cut their affiliate payments since Day 2 of the Internet. Note: I say *some* you just need an overview like EPC.

Hi all,
I've been absent from the Affiliate Marketing scene for almost 2 years now. I had been playing with Crypto Currencies on my hiatus from AM as I'm an avid Bitcoin enthusiast after I first got into it in 2011. Of course with the crypto boom of December 2017/January 2018 I was playing the markets and it seemed like nothing could lose.

So anyway, with some of my crypto profits I'm investing back into AM, namely pops to begin with. I had some success in mid to late 2016 with adult dating offers on mobile pops, see this thread, but eventually the offers I had died out and I got distracted with other things. I have some knowledge on pops and how to optimise them so this time around I plan to branch out to sweeps and other offers along with my trusty adult dating.

Enough talk. I've been back doing AM for 2 weeks at this stage and I have a few campaigns up and running. The GEOs I'm targeting are SE/AU/KO/TH with a mix of sweeps and adult dating. I'm using Popads, Propeller and testing Advertizer as well.

First 22 days of starting AM again:
vV9btUT.png

I gathered a lot of useful data and didn't lose a lot of money at all.

Today so far (12 hours into today):
X59duKn.png

Today I started a couple of my most promising campaigns, that I have managed to get in the green on Popads, on Advertizer to test it out. So far so good, each conversion seems to increase the traffic coming to the offer by a large amount. It apparently also auto-optimises the traffic as you get conversions.

I will try to update this thread as often as possible.

Useful Tip:
Good luck with this dude, i'll stay tuned!

A little screenshot update, we're halfway through the day. I've been working on moving a campaign to Zeropark as I've never tried ZP and have heard good things about quality and volume. I also like the look of the auto-optimization rules you can use to cut targets/sources.

For my first zeropark campaign I started yesterday I've got a 0.0614 EPC today versus a 0.0379 EPC yesterday. This is thanks to the auto-optimization rules. I've been bidding up on low eCPA sources and targets and pausing/bidding down on high eCPA sources. Seems to be working well and there is a lot of traffic for certain GEOs.
How many creatives do you test withing a single campaign and do you make them yourself or just parsing competitors?

Also, does that Zeropark platform (or may be some other platform you know) offer targeting by device model? E.g. if I want to target only Samsung mobile devices, can I do it with the Zeropark?

No -- that's is probably a good idea.
Affiliates are bound by a contract of adhesion (usually) -- you are dictated take-it-or-leave-it TOS and AUP in the Affiliate Agreement. You have no transparency.

Years ago when I was a salesman in the field I knew when I got a sale -- the customer signed the order and I handed it to my boss. No questions about the sale.

There were always contingencies;
  • the company's credit approval
  • the banks credit approval or POS credit card
  • the company's performance
    delivery
    installation
    other tangibles
However, there was transparency ;
1.) the company reported my sale's status
2.) I was in direct contact with the customer.
The only way as an Internet affiliate you can track these events bottom line is EPC

What is the traffic you provide going to Yield you --or EPC (Earning per Click)
At the end of the day, EPC is the most accurate assessment in the Affiliate game.
When comparing the same offer ^^ this definitely.
When comparing similar genre (or niche) offers, or offer owners; then you need to consider the difference in customer affinity as it relates to your EPC and the CR (conversion ratios)

Keep going, keep questioning EVERYTHING <<< that's just good business ;)

Hi! Nice Journey!

Any updates? How is your ROI? I am curious about the auto optimization of ZeroPark. Can the ROI be sustained using the auto optimization rules?

Good Luck!

MI
Back