“webinar”/ “VOLUUM”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Journey to $10.000/month with Adult & Health

Discussion in 'Follow Alongs and Online Journeys' started by Reinstecker, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Certified
    tyoussef

tyoussef Moderator moderator Certified Vendor Service Manager affiliate

keep increasing the bid little by little and of course keep optimising at the same time.

Marc likes this.
  2. Voluum
  3. Webtech27

Webtech27 Affiliate affiliate

Great journey going. keep it up.. You will be successful as i can see the light.

Reinstecker likes this.
  4. CaramelRocks

CaramelRocks Affiliate affiliate

Interesting journey. Good to hear about your success so far.

Which of the traffic sources you mentioned has given you the best ROI?

Reinstecker likes this.
  5. Reinstecker

Reinstecker Affiliate affiliate

Thx, going good so far

Mgid for T2 and T3 and revcontent for T1. But Mgid doesnt have a blacklist from beginning feature, you can only disable widgets after you got traffic.

Yes, thx! Thats the way i'm trying atm.

UPDATE:

Last 3 days, i spent most time with researching and learning how to scale effectively.
    I have found some strategies that I want test. Tbh, finding winning products is way easier than scaling.

What's hard for me is to figure out if it's scalable and then finding for each widget/domain the right relation between cpc, ad ctr, ctr lander, cr and epc. tyoussef recommended blacklisting and increasing the bid little by little. That might be the best way imo, but it looks like it will take an eternity to get decent results. A auto bidding system with adjustable triggers would help a lot. Voluum DSP has that, but it's too expensive, i cant afford that atm.

I noticed that the performance for same offer and lander vary among different network. Hm, i smell something suspicious. :D So, if you come across an interesting offer, make sure it is available on multiple affiliate networks.;)

My results from last 3 days testing scaling only one offer. At least i can say i have positive ROI :D

Screenshot_22.png

Overall, i'm happy so far, learning new things every day and processing fast forward.

Have a nice weekend, friends. :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    tyoussef likes this.
  6. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

tyoussef and Reinstecker like this.
  7. Reinstecker

Voluum show pops also as visits. ZP pop stats
    Screenshot_26.png
    Yes, it's all clicks from native ads from different sources. :D
    I thought i try to scale native first, because it looks like the ad cost-performance is better than adult.
    Btw, i stopped Adnow yesterday, they have most bots traffic of all networks i've tried and they still send and charge for blacklisted traffic, days after activating the list.

Screenshot_24.jpg

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Nanette and tyoussef like this.
  8. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Affiliate affiliate

thank you and good luck

Reinstecker and tyoussef like this.
  9. Reinstecker

UPDATE:
    New record in one day! Optimizing shows first good results. I'm so happy! :D
    Screenshot_5.png

imfh, sam patra and tyoussef like this.
  10. Graybeard

That's looks good :)
    See if that can scale up a bit and be consistent for a while ...

Nanette, tyoussef and Reinstecker like this.
  11. Reinstecker

True, plus working with lists is the most important part of the optimization process.

12. Graybeard

list of what? site whitelists, blacklists, GEO, Browsers/versions, mobile carriers <= or all of them?

Reinstecker likes this.
  13. Certified
    tyoussef

tyoussef Moderator moderator Certified Vendor Service Manager affiliate

what kind of lists are you talking about @Reinstecker ?.

14. Reinstecker

First, I start with blacklisting widgets/domains and after a decent amount of traffic and conversion pick winner ids and create a whitelist. Then a new campaign targeting only this whitelist. But let run the first campaign and exclude the whitelist IDs.

Blacklisting devices and geos are not necessary in my case because I only target one of them.

This has several benefits imo. If you have everything (geos, device types ..) in a campaign and start with blacklisting, then it is difficult to find out which ID belongs to which working geo device type,...and its a huge messy list. The next benefit is, it's a huge difference between mobile and desktop in terms of traffic distribution. Mobile is generally cheaper than desktop and more available, idk why. If you have both device types in a campaign, the traffic network focus traffic more on mobile and desktop is neglected. That was usually like that in my starting campaigns.
    Same goes for multiple geos in one campaign , threrefore more traffic from lower competitve countries.
    Overall, testing would be more disorted without narrowing.

And the last reason is, i'm a perfectionist, when everything is structured, organized and has a system, my brain is stimulated. :D

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Matriex, tyoussef and imfh like this.
  15. Reinstecker

@tyoussef
    Wat a second.. you can like your own replies? Cheating! :D:D

tyoussef and Webtech27 like this.
  16. Graybeard

Interesting.

• Point #1. there are 3 times as many mobile clicks -- at maybe one-third to half the cricks are in error.
    • Point #2. less ad blockers are used in mobile browsers (very little really [so far])
    • Point #3. some offers just convert less frequently and in smaller amounts as compared to desktop user conversions so they are worth less.

Read this thread I made last week https://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/propensity-and-affinity.154969/
    right product for the neighborhood is a good analogy of this. Keep this in mind at all times ( I am thinking )...

I am starting to test first globally a small number then analyze my landing page behavior in my server log -- I can see the User-Agent there from the ad's CTR. I am trying to move traffic to my white label website(s) (my offers) and I have Google-Analytics on the white labels -- so I can then analyze the behavior by GEO and Browser and version.

However, I am seeing that propensity and affinity is playing a major role. If people actually like your offer they will register and buy. If they don't you will crash-and-burn. It's that simple in the end.

I would explore similar offers as well as other traffic sources in order to scale. You need to know if you just got lucky or this is a trend for you. Hopefully it is trending ...

Webtech27 and Reinstecker like this.
  17. Webtech27

Found interesting!! Tell more...pl Please

18. Reinstecker

Do you do this test over a longer period of time?
    Because, even the season makes a difference. A friend of mine has a shop, he once said that in the winter he sells more than in the summer.

UPDATE:
    Started a higher paid offer, ROI is even better. :D
    In coming days, i'll move to adbridge or bemob. Dont want voluum anymore, it's overpriced imo, and they even didnt let me test DSP. That might have been the only reason to pay $ 300 a month. Otherwise, the price is not justified.

In 10 days the first month since start this thread is over, first month was more like testing waters and learning, in the second month I'll push for higher numbers because
    x9dUvCu.jpg
    (wolf of wall street reference) :D:D

3 days in row in profit now, yesterday with a higher paid offer.
    Screenshot_6.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    tyoussef and Webtech27 like this.
  19. Webtech27

Perfect ! Keep pushing hard. .

Reinstecker likes this.
  20. Graybeard

Seasonal data can be subjective.
    • If I sold seasonal goods the trends are obvious.
    • When I was involved in the running of adult webcam broadcasting we did well in the summer for the reason that the girls were home from university/college for summer recess making money on sex cam sites for tuition ... (better *inventory*)

Webtech27 and tyoussef like this.
  21. Cedric - Adextrem

Cedric - Adextrem Traffic Manager Traffic Manager affiliate

Nice, keep the good work! :)

MI