“mobile”/ Voluum
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is humor a good idea?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Ted C., Mar 27, 2016.

1. Jugnu soni

Jugnu soni Affiliate affiliate

Always good. Just try to avoid it on funerals.

TravelingAffiliate likes this.
  2. CPA Evolution
  3. DataMaster1988

DataMaster1988 Affiliate affiliate

Well, if the tone of voice in which you decided to communicate with your audience allows you to make jokes – make them. It adds uniqueness and zest to your content.

4. azgold

azgold Administrator Administrator Dojo Master affiliate

Wine :D need 20 chrs

5. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

Personally, I chuckle at sarcasm in articles -- however -- I wouldn't recommended it as it can be offensive if not taken in context with a selling message.

However, years of experience in selling have taught me if you can get the customer laughing you will have a good chance of closing the sale. Finding common ground for a joke or a moment of mirth is not that hard when you are in a customer's home or office. This is a known technique on the path to lessening buyer resistance -- Sales 101.

On the Internet, the in situ environs are much less personal so it's hard to find some common ground one on one.

Graybeard, Jan 11, 2018

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  6. pomeshka

pomeshka Affiliate affiliate

humor is always the best idea! people like lauthing :)

7. andrebless

andrebless Affiliate affiliate

It really depends on the niche and product on offer.

8. Drake Marketing

Drake Marketing Affiliate affiliate

Much as we say everyone loves a good laugh, it'd be interesting to see what different statistics has to say. Humour is not only product- or niche-specific but also culture-specific. Different cultures appreciate different kinds of humour, i.e. slapstick vs wit vs sarcasm vs farce vs...

Yet, my hunch is with the net making us one homogenous citizens, our tastes are turning similar. Hence, I would use it, but not to the extent it makes my brand sound frivolous...

9. Ian_murphy

Ian_murphy Affiliate affiliate

It depends on your niche and target audience. If you have selling landing page, then humor can attract users to the keywords or to the main goal of the page ot to buy something. But the humor has to be intelligence and good, don't use banal humor or offensive. It has to be relevant.

10. sumitabc

sumitabc Affiliate affiliate

Silliness is a useful asset. At the point when humor is utilized out in the open talking it can help the speaker in exchanging his/her message in an important and incredible way. Cleverness benefits open talking in the accompanying ways:

It makes the subject all the more fascinating.

It helps in memory maintenance.

It eases worry in the speaker and group of onlookers.

11. Graybeard

Humor is a matter of one's perspective and taste.
    Clever is better if people get it -- most don't.

12. Tujora

Tujora Affiliate affiliate

Your landing page is what sells you to your site's visitors. Whether to use humor or not solely depend on your niche. Humor in a very serious professional niche would make your potential client to doubt your level of seriousness. For some niches however, you can lure traffic with a humorous landing page

13. Mansi shrivastav

Mansi shrivastav Affiliate affiliate

I think it all depends on product and niche and youtube is full of humour channel and I think it is always a good idea.

14. RobertRay

RobertRay Affiliate affiliate

I think it depends on your target audience and its age. If you want to sell products for young people, it's completely okay. But I doubt that people 50-60+ will like humor.

15. webDOMinator

webDOMinator Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

All I have to say on this matter is squatty potty.

Literally it's humor that pushes the limits, and most of the marketing team at the company was not on board with the entire idea of that unicorn commercial... but, it was a raging success, going viral, the video I linked has 37 million views. The follow up video that the company who made this put out explains some of that process of how they just decided to go for it and see what happened.

You can check out their youtube channel, I mean yeah... they were already a company that works around a very taboo subject, but a little "toilet humor" put them in the rich bin.

16. Certified
    T J Tutor

T J Tutor GM Administrator Certified Vendor Dojo Master affiliate

I love Harmon Brothers!

I have started incorporating their methods and tactics into some of my personal biz with great results.

Everyone should pay attention to them!

17. Graybeard

I like a sense of wit ...
    Unfortunately, most copy is so bland and self serving written by very mediocre people ...
    Some of the most successful advertising copy is controversial or humorous -- that is a fact ;)

banners