The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Are You a Good Communicator?

Graybeard

There is a big difference between with to people and talking at people. Most people just don't get it or we get irritated and just forget to communicate effectively.

Article here:

Over dramatization here (Classic Paul Newman -- Cool Hand Luke)

AI summary ;)

1709234221591.png

Comments? Thoughts?

Good movie, I have a copy.

There is a big difference between with to people and talking at people.
Absolutely agree! One of my daughters is of the 'talking at' variety. When she gets on a roll, I don't think she even realizes it but it drives everybody else nuts. The other two kids are not like that. I dunno why.

Personally, I've had a bit of struggle with remembering to complete what I was going to say that adds the context to what I'm talking about. One of my parting gifts from Guillain Barre Syndrome (Wikipedia). It takes me hours to notice. Before that, I was able to communicate best using the written word but kind of sucked at it verbally, still do if it has to deal with emotions.

Most people just don't get it or we get irritated and just forget to communicate effectively.
I've known people like that, too. Usually, it's a highly emotional response to something said or done.

I don't think all of our time spent alone on keyboards helps facilitate personal communication and in-person interaction. There's no social practising or learning by doing.

I saw that first run in a theater afternoon matinee when I was a kid :) ages ago :D

Would've been good on the big screen, I imagine. I should get it out and watch it again, I can scarcely remember how it ends.

Paul Newman didn't seem to have any trouble communicating.

There is a big difference between with to people and talking at people. Most people just don't get it or we get irritated and just forget to communicate effectively.

Article here:

AI summary ;)

View attachment 35054
Comments? Thoughts?
The effectiveness of your communication depends on the understanding level of your listening audience or who ever you are talking to.

So how can we tell if someone is a good communicator or not? Sometimes it isn't that you aren't a good communicator, it is that the people who you are communicating to are not familiar with the words, phrases or idioms that you use.

So do you have to debase your speech to be a good communicator? Just a question. Let me hear your thoughts on that.

So do you have to debase your speech to be a good communicator? Just a question. Let me hear your thoughts on that.
I know that I tell AI to summarize what I say at a 7th or 8th grade reading level a lot :)

It depends on who you are communicating with.

When I first learned to sell --I was taught that your mannerisms are mirrored back by the other person --argumentative, empathetic, collaborative, etc ...

banners
Back