The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Is humor a good idea?

Having read the first post I wanted to write that the humor is useful but after reading the next posts I've understood that I wasn't right. Thanks for useful tips!)

Having read the first post I wanted to write that the humor is useful but after reading the next posts I've understood that I wasn't right. Thanks for useful tips!)

Well, it is useful...depending on your niche and audience. If it's appropriate, it's good; otherwise no.

Humor should be humor. That is, it is not desirable to use humor where it is not expected, especially when it comes to advertising a product. Humor should not distract the client from the desired information. On the other hand, you can use sharp catchy humor for headlines, slogans, etc. That it caused emotions in a person. If we take into account that people rarely read texts relating to marketable products in the Internet. As a rule, they are interested in characteristics, reviews and reviews. For example, in reviews, humor is very appropriate. Although much depends on the type of product or service.

Well i think this will attract people very much but more in terms in entertaining and not in terms of selling .But it can works why not

Like I think I said before, it depends. It would be inappropriate for a serious topic, such as terminal illness but in some other instances, it works great.

Progressive insurance is a prime example of how well humour can work with product promotion. I don't think I've ever seen a serious commercial for them and they've been running them that way for years, so it must work for them.

If humour may be appropriate for your audience, how do you know if it would work better than a serious approach? Simple - test it.

I think it very much depends on a website's thematic, and also on the the target audience, which country are they from. That last factor is important, as humor varies very much country by country.

It all comes down to testing as to what works and what not. If I were you I wouldn't mind using a bit of humor as long as the prospect is interested in the product I am selling. Humor should be used in such a way so as to keep the connection intact with the product that you are selling, but then again it all comes down to the type of product you are selling and how you are able to convince the user. You can entertain your target audience and still you would end up not making a sale....be prepared to test the waters!

Often, humor is a good idea. But sometimes you also need to consider the scope with which you work. For example, political, social and banking topics are not exactly suitable for jokes and memes.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what people thought about using humor on landing pages. Do you think they can help conversions or drive people away?

Personally, I appreciate someone who's clever but I know humor can turn some people off. Any thoughts?
I think it is an excellent tool to keep the reader engaged and entertained. However, one should still stick to the topic. The writer must remember to not get carried away. In case of a serious or professional topic it is better to stay clear.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what people thought about using humor on landing pages. Do you think they can help conversions or drive people away?

Personally, I appreciate someone who's clever but I know humor can turn some people off. Any thoughts?
Humor is a good idea dude, as soon as it keeps people on the Lp, and give them the good mood to enter their details, then it is always helpful!

It depends on your niche and a product you want to sell. I'm a big fan of Zendesk's partner page. Check out images
in the section Better together and intro to their terms:
Welcome to the land of legal eagles.* The information provided here is for Zendesk subscribers and suppliers who have questions about our terms, policies, intellectual property, and compliance. *No eagles or lawyers were harmed in the making of this web page.

However, I wouldn't like to see the same copy on the website of my bank...

It's important that you understand your audience and where your customers come from. Is your traffic only from English-speaking countries? If not, have in mind that foreigners may not speak English well enough to understand your humor. Sometimes it's better to stay clear.

banners
Back