The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Improve email deliverability

Siva Karthik

affiliate
I am an email marketer and one of the biggest challenge I face is that my emails land in the promotions tab of the gmail which is impacting my open and click through rates.

Where I am most concerned is that I get unsolicited emails to my personal id in the primary tab while when I send emails from my organizations they land in promotions.

Need suggestions and hacks on improving my email deliverability

Thanks,
Siva

Did you check your sender score ? Maybe you can try to ask your subscribers to add your from adress to their Google contacts.

We have a master of email, @mxyzptlkfishstiks , let's see what he may say.

I agree with @Juliar , sender score will tell you some of the story, but keep in mind, there are a number of factors.

Today's email platforms make sure spam is everywhere but in the inbox. Google deals with this in two ways, one is to deliver what they consider promotions to one tab and obvious spam to another.

over the past few years we have seen tremendous steps taken by most of the brand platforms like GMail, Outlook.com, mail.com, yahoo, etc. They are using filters that are constantly evolving. All of them trying to distinguish what is spam, what is phishing, what is promotional, etc.

Last year was an incredibly huge year for spam, as was the year before. In 2015, some four trillion messages were sent and more than half (around 56%) was spam. Half of those were blocked based on the senders "poor sender reputation". Scores under 70 experienced delivery rates under 9%. Senders with scores over 71% saw delivery rates of over 93%.

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SCORE!
  1. SenderScore.org
  2. Senderbase.org
  3. BarracudaCentral
  4. ReputationAuthority
  5. TrustedSource

As you mentioned, your email lands in the Promotional Tab, which hurts the open rates, but what about the sender's reputation?

Email deliverability can be increased by using Email Verification/Validation Tools, as it helps you protect your domain reputation.

Features of Email Validation tools:

• Syntax Verification
  • Identify Domain-MX Record
  • Catch-All Email check
  • Real-time API
  • Domain in real-time
  • Temporary Unavailability Detection
  • Detects Role-Based Email Addresses
  • Validate Yahoo Emails
  • SMTP Response
  • Greylisting Enabled Domains
  • Spam Trap Detection

Need suggestions and hacks on improving my email deliverability

It's a pretty annoying problem that you got, as it definitely ruins your open rates. The best idea would be, as suggested above, to try with some email validation tool or some other that can provide you info about your general email score, as it could give you at least some ideas about what could be improved.

MI
Back