The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

I'm failing at email marketing

OscarMike

Hi all, I'm relatively new to internet marketing and I need your help.

I want to make money through email marketing and sweepstake CPA offers.

I've been using a quiz website to build a sales funnel. After the person takes the quiz, they must submit their email to see the quiz results. This is how I build my email list.

The quiz I did was about video games. I have about 1000 subscribers on the list. My ultimate goal is to grow the list to 100,000 subscribers. I use Facebook ads to drive traffic to the list. My cost per subscriber so far is about $1.

I send the subscriber Seinfeld method emails to build rapport. I work with a copywriter to accomplish this. I have 5 seinfeld emails in total. I send one email every two weeks. From my understanding, building rapport is very important in email marketing. Too many people try to send offers to the subscriber without first building a relationship with them.

My goal is to get the subscriber to click on the email link and complete the sweepstake CPA offer. My offer is a Sony PlayStation 5.

I send the subscriber to a poll style landing page; I do this because the CPA network I'm with requires a landing page.

So far, I've got about 50 clicks to the offer but no sales.

This can potentially be a very lucrative marketing concept as there is a lot of video game followers on Facebook. But I'm not having any luck so far.

What am I doing wrong? I don't want to give up but I don't like spending money on Facebook ads and not receiving any profit.

Am I wasting my time? For instance, Jim Edwards, author of Copywriting Secrets, once said that if there's no customer pain they won't buy. What "pain" is there when it comes to taking a quiz about video games? None. So I may be on the wrong track here. Someone who takes a video game quiz and follows video games on Facebook might be interested in a Sony PlayStation 5 email submit offer.

Can you please help?

Thanks

$1 per verified opt-in email list lead is bad?
Maybe, you need better bait than a contest with little credibility?
Is the funnel the problem?
What percentage of quizzes are finished --and what percentage give their emails?
Where is the weakness?

Usually when I see I need to send an email to see/reveal the results of my work (quiz answers are work) I just get pissed off over the manipulation and close the page.

But that's just me --I am not a form monkey or a fool to buy an obvious manipulative pitch. But that may be a big part of the problem --the obvious manipulative nature of your process.

Today I learned there's a thing called a Seinfeld email. Reading up on it now, thanks for mentioning is.

Jerry Seinfeld Hello GIF

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

If you have something ORIGINAL to say in reply or commentary --it's welcome.

Don't be an attention whore and try to hijack another person's thread with a no effort lazy post again.

Learn to use the internet properly.

MI
Back