The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Timothy01

affiliate
I'm a NewBie. I have an email list of 200,000 + good quality email addresses. How do I start with just my emails and no website or blog? Do I need to use an all-in-one site, like aWeber or is there software that I can use? I have zero experience in affiliate marketing, I just have a large list of good emails, that I would like to put to work. Truly grateful for any help, that can guide me in a right direction. Thank you.

The first question that comes to mind is, where did you get those emails addresses without a site, or at least a squeeze page?

If you purchased them, have they been cleaned? Are they all from one niche? Have they opted in, or are they scraped?

Re Aweber, it's an awesome autoresponder BUT last I heard, you could not load your list without having them opt-in again. That may have changed, that was some time ago but you should check into that.

Last edited:
The first question that comes to mind is, where did you get those emails addresses with a site, or at least a squeeze page?

If you purchased them, have they been cleaned? Are they all from one niche? Have they opted in, or are they scraped?

Re Aweber, it's an awesome autoresponder BUT last I heard, you could not load your list without having them opt-in again. That may have changed, that was some time ago but you should check into that.

Thank you so much for your response.

The emails were acquired through a networking supply/tech business that I own. The business generates more emails everyday with sales.

They have not opted in, nor have the emails been cleaned yet. Just learning all these terms now.

How do I start with what I have in the correct way? I really appreciate your guidance.

@Timothy01 , I assume you are in the U.S.? I only ask because I'm Canadian and I'm not 100% sure what you're allowed to do there.

If the emails are not from opt-ins, how do you get them? People volunteer them during a sale, something like that? What I'm getting at, is it legal for you to start emailing them, does that comply with the FTC and Can-Spam?

Re the cleaning, I know people sell cleaned lists but I'm afraid I don't personally know any services that do that for you, though I'm sure there must be some. If you've acquired your addresses manually, I don't know if you need to clean them. I'm not an expert in this area, I'm afraid.

In fact, scroll down this page to find some terrific info on email marketing. ;) I decided to do a search to see if I could find something helpful for you.

Search Results for Query: email | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

banners
Back