The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How to split test affiliate marketing campaign?

affiliatelk

Hi,

I am a newbee to affiliate marketing. Is there anyone can give me crystal clear steps that I need to follow to split test a affiliate marketing campaigns. which one that I need to split test (traffic source, offers, ads ect...) first ? How much that I need to fix for split testing offers, traffic source, ads, ect... ?

Please advice me step by step ? Where I need to start first ? How much that I need to spend ? What is the time frame for testing each elements ? How much that I need to spend for testing each elements ?

Please advice me what (How) are the datas I need to collect through this testing process ?

Thanks

Hey there!

First- decide which traffic source you are going to use, and try to take the most out of it.
You could split-test the offers first - it's better to ask your AM or support for a list of best performing offers, and test those that are similar (iPhone sweepstakes in Brazil for example).

Then you need to find that perfect combination offer-banner-lander, so test the landing pages. You can test up to 5 banners and let's say up to 5 landing pages, so that you don't get lost, and receive a good amount of traffic to each of your options. Try to check different combinations of those.
As a very simple example - you have a combination of Banner1-Offer1-Lander1 and it performs bad. But then if you put Banner1 with Offer2 and Lander3 (or Banner2-Offer1-Lander2) you will get the combination that works! That's what you need to look for.

Normally we say that in order to gather a decent statistical report, you need to spend 3xpayout of the offer. Plus, look at ROI: if it's more than -80%, it's probably impossible to take that campaign to profit.

After, when you will decide on the offers and landers to work with, you can run those more to optimize.

I hope this helps! And feel free to ask more questions, if you have doubts :)

Hey there!

First- decide which traffic source you are going to use, and try to take the most out of it.
You could split-test the offers first - it's better to ask your AM or support for a list of best performing offers, and test those that are similar (iPhone sweepstakes in Brazil for example).

Then you need to find that perfect combination offer-banner-lander, so test the landing pages. You can test up to 5 banners and let's say up to 5 landing pages, so that you don't get lost, and receive a good amount of traffic to each of your options. Try to check different combinations of those.
As a very simple example - you have a combination of Banner1-Offer1-Lander1 and it performs bad. But then if you put Banner1 with Offer2 and Lander3 (or Banner2-Offer1-Lander2) you will get the combination that works! That's what you need to look for.

Normally we say that in order to gather a decent statistical report, you need to spend 3xpayout of the offer. Plus, look at ROI: if it's more than -80%, it's probably impossible to take that campaign to profit.

After, when you will decide on the offers and landers to work with, you can run those more to optimize.

I hope this helps! And feel free to ask more questions, if you have doubts :)

Hi you are really awesome! Which vertical or offers in clickbank you suggest me for my start up ?

Hi you are really awesome! Which vertical or offers in clickbank you suggest me for my start up ?

Please, contact the support team or your account manager of Clickbank for the list of top performing offers. Then chose the ones that accept traffic from tier-2, tier-3 countries, and have as few steps till conversion, as possible. Meaning, that user needs to go through very few actions to convert.

banners
Back